Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Consider a hypothetical: there's an insane mental patient attempting to act out on mortal self harm. Do you let them, or put them in a straight jacket?

I'll let you think on it for a few secondsokay yeah you put them in a straight jacket, that's the moral goddamn thing to do.

Well, humanity is the mental patient, and they've shown that they're just not willing to act in their own self interest. Be it the megarich pushing their middlemanagement to get next-quarter results, or ignorant yokels waiting for jesus, nobody with any clout is pushing for positive change. Really, there isn't a position in the western world with enough clout.

We need benevolent dictatorship. Selfish bitches need to get told to shut the gently caress up. We're all in this thing.

Frankly, as soon as there is a robot even slightly more competent than humans ready to run things, we should just hand over the keys. And we will/are.

Sure, it might decide it should just wipe us out, but lets be honest...that's probably for the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
voted 1

ZergRushing
Oct 1, 2004
I like Rick and Morty, too.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I too have seen the terminator movies

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009
bojack horseman is also pretty good

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
The Purge 3: Deadmocracy Now.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

a vote fore self-imposed annihilation :bravo:

MY BF LESLIE SAID
Jun 9, 2006

by Lowtax
Huge manatee. <----- quote this

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

VendaGoat posted:

I too have seen the terminator movies

skynet was inherently flawed

the really scary notion is that a machine that approaches perfection would rightly do away with us

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

The Protagonist posted:

a vote fore self-imposed annihilation :bravo:

i was exercising my democratic right

mods are the dictators

MY BF LESLIE SAID
Jun 9, 2006

by Lowtax
The mods are dick suckers.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

SirEvelynTremble posted:

i was exercising my democratic right

mods are the dictators

i'll exercise my democratic right to send you and your ilk straight to the furnaces for holding us all back

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009

MY BF LESLIE SAID posted:

can we make the dictator a huge manatee

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Rajjoble posted:

can we make the dictator a huge manatee

yes if it is a very smart and egalitarian manatee

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Look, I agree with you I really do.

It's just I'm drowning in bomb rear end booze, wet pussy, enormous breasts and piles of cash that would make Scrooge McDuck quack himself to death.

F U Got Mine! WOOHOO!

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

VendaGoat posted:

Look, I agree with you I really do.

It's just I'm drowning in bomb rear end booze, wet pussy, enormous breasts and piles of cash that would make Scrooge McDuck quack himself to death.

F U Got Mine! WOOHOO!

This is literally the mindset of the elderly rich

The elderly poor get to look forward to paradise. Everybody wins! except humanity

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

MY BF LESLIE SAID posted:

ok

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
http://www.tested.com/tech/concepts/459497-darpas-1980s-vision-skynet-ai/

sadly your dream may come true OP

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

i think you mean luckily you stupid bitch

lol if you don't think machines could run poo poo better than a bunch of slow, ignorant, greedy selfish apes

MY BF LESLIE SAID
Jun 9, 2006

by Lowtax
if machines jack me off without making me feel guilty about it they can take over the world I don't loving care

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
its pretty clear at this point that democracy, at least under capitalism, isn't a good way to go about things. Luckily we don't live in a Democracy anymore so thats a real load off my mind.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
Agreed, humanity doesn't deserve democracy, it deserves communism.

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011
human nature, did you ever think about that?

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Miltank posted:

its pretty clear at this point that democracy, at least under capitalism, isn't a good way to go about things. Luckily we don't live in a Democracy anymore so thats a real load off my mind.

An oligopy republic is actually equally bad if not worse, cowmonster

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Humanity doesn't deserve Chinese Democracy

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Agreed with op

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
So what gives humanity the freedom it needs to flourish, with the ability of individuals to achieve greatness, all while both sides progress the human race throughout the endless years?

What is the sound of one goon farting?

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Troon Flesh Mask posted:

human nature, did you ever think about that?

civilization is actually a continual and variably successful repression of human nature, long term progress will require a total rewrite

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

VendaGoat posted:

So what gives humanity the freedom it needs to flourish, with the ability of individuals to achieve greatness, all while both sides progress the human race throughout the endless years?

greatness is achieved as a collective

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

The Protagonist posted:

greatness is achieved as a collective

It still requires the action of an individual to get the ball rolling and to keep it rolling.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
human nature is to abstract from nature. essentially it's undefinable. hope this helps.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

VendaGoat posted:

It still requires the action of an individual to get the ball rolling and to keep it rolling.

true, which is why we need benevolent dictatorship for those truly magnificent specimens of humanitysentience

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Tsinava posted:

human nature is to abstract from nature. essentially it's undefinable. hope this helps.

no, it's not, and it doesn't, you're dumb

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

The Protagonist posted:

true, which is why we need benevolent dictatorship for those truly magnificent specimens of humanitysentience

So where/how do you propose we go about finding these people?

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
define benevolent as regards to dissent and disagreement? what happens to the naysayers?

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Humanity deserves whatever it gets.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

true benevolence is a compromise enforced by a collective of decision makers most capable to weigh all sides of the issue without the clouding influence of personal investment. the compromise has to happen anyway, to delay the inevitable is to thieve from the collective.

Trixie Hardcore posted:

yeah it does

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

The Protagonist posted:

civilization is actually a continual and variably successful repression of human nature, long term progress will require a total rewrite

are you looking for the incest thread?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Are we basing the deserves on an individual basis, local community, local area, local region, country, local countries, geographical area or humanity as a whole? :cheeky:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

VendaGoat posted:

Are we basing the deserves on an individual basis, local community, local area, local region, country, local countries, geographical area or humanity as a whole? :cheeky:

It's a package deal, whether anybody realizes it or likes it or not.

• Locked thread