Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

thespaceinvader posted:

How do you work Lost Legion on Vassal? I can't find a module for it, albeit I may suck at Vassal.

Do I need plat to be eligible to play?

There's a module floating around. Stelas linked to it a couple pages ago.

EDIT: Oh, new page. Make that a *few* pages ago. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Gutter Owl posted:

2) At high level play (especially 2-player), the achievements give you a tactical avenue to break away from a close race. If we're neck and neck on kills, but I can manage one more fortification and/or adventure site than you, I can secure the victory.

This was, actually, my intent in taking Arythea's city. I felt that my best option to circumvent Narowas' lead was to take the Conquerer title.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Gutter Owl posted:

Well yeah, in a big spacey finish like this one, where the frontrunner hoovers all the achievements, the system looks silly. But that's not the function of the achievement system, either here or in any other Vlaada game (i.e. Dungeon Lords).

Yyyeahhhhhh, I know. I think I'm just biased against it because so far I've always had someone relatively new at the table, so they tend to end up feeling a bit rough at the final scores. At the high and low end it seems unnecessarily punishing, though I do see your point.

thespaceinvader posted:

How do you work Lost Legion on Vassal? I can't find a module for it, albeit I may suck at Vassal.

There's a module here. If you're talking about the weekend game I'm going to try to run, I don't care either way. As far as an actual thread goes... I tend to prefer players to have plat - I've got to PM them their hand link, and it makes it easier for me to chase them up if they vanish. But I'm pretty flexible.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I got the module. And gently caress it, plat too, after a few years I probably owed lowtax some server fees.

R2Brew
Oct 15, 2006

Got Sedin?
Stelas, fantastic job running the game and great job to the players too for keeping it going. I love Mage Knight, but only get to play it solo or with another player so watching a full 4 player game was really interesting.

Would love to play in your Lost Legion game, but I couldn't post nearly as often as the players in this thread. Not sure if you are going to encourage that pace in the next thread, but regardless I'll be following.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

thespaceinvader posted:

I got the module. And gently caress it, plat too, after a few years I probably owed lowtax some server fees.

You've opted out of PMs or have yet to turn them on, though!

Trane posted:

Would love to play in your Lost Legion game, but I couldn't post nearly as often as the players in this thread. Not sure if you are going to encourage that pace in the next thread, but regardless I'll be following.

All I'll really say is that I don't expect the second thread to go nearly as quickly-- but at the same time, MK is a long game and it'd be nice to have a reasonably decent pace to get through the game in a sensible amount of time.

I'm going to be running a newbie game in about 2 hours - if anyone wants in yell via PM/skype.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Stelas posted:

You've opted out of PMs or have yet to turn them on, though!
Didn't know I needed to turn them on!

Might be up for a newbie game via skype/vassal but I think this afternoon is rather too busy for it I'm afraid, so happy to leave a slot on that for someone else

(not to mention, I'm hopelessly inexperienced with Vassal)

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

How did the skype game go, by the way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

It went well!

In the meantime, the Lost Legion thread is live! Sign up now!

I promise to keep it open for a full day this time.

• Locked thread