Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
I've never played this with more than 2 so I'm interested in how it works out with more.

That's a pretty crazy ruins to draw two hexes from the portal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Gold dicks already being a dick with the gold mana.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

I've never liked training much but I guess it might be good if you can get it on the very first turn.

Blood rage is a really good action for Arythea.

Stelas I have to say this is running very smoothly, I'm regretting not signing up now!

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Zombie #246 posted:

I pretty much take gold dick's flight over anything else I get with him, it helps out a ton.

Same with polarity for Arythea. That kind of flexibility is invaluable.

Does Tovak have a key ability? I don't play him much.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Medusa seems like a pretty good draw there, anything else would have required wounds or playing cards sideways right?

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Crystal Mastery is one of the most fun cards in the game, nothing like powering your entire hand with a stack of regenerating crystals.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Yep. Roadblock, the most boring orc. Won't even give you a level up :argh:

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Beffer posted:

ive been kibitzing this thread and loving the game. It's moving very fast. I have a quick question.

Was the point of the earlier mulligans offer that Tovak could have explored to the south east rather than running all the way up north to hang with the others? Is that what you mean Stelas by a five wide board? Tovak could have explored down there and had a whole section of the board to himself with cards to play.

Cheers,

Exactly.

As far as I can tell Tovak also built up 10 movement points (including 3 sideways cards) and only used 8 of them. That whole turn was just a bit weird.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

IRL I'd probably let someone swap Stamina and March even though technically revealing the tile prevents take-backs. Mana Draw works too though.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

I'd have bet on Swiftness powered by the Will Focus Goldyx prepared earlier.. but drawing two cards first makes me wonder if he was looking for it. Crushing Bolt would also work, it'd be pretty unlikely not to have one of those.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Stelas posted:

Resting is a full-round thing; you can't do it and something else, even if that something else doesn't grant you a move or an action. That said the NE is good to go, so you head there instead.

Actually you're allowed to play special effects like Ruby Ring. "A Players Turn", 6b: Before or after you Rest for the turn, you may play any number of Healing and Special effects.

Resting prevents moving or taking actions. Looking at the turn summary it even seems like you're allowed to use a mana dice from the source (e.g. to power a special or healing effect) but I'm not sure if that's true.

Bubble-T fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Oct 3, 2014

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Arythea drawing the Lonely Mountain tile has made things interesting. Tovak might not be in a bad spot at all if a city comes up now.

It's 4 city/3 non-city core tiles in a 4 player game right? All level 4?

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Impermanent posted:

I'm going to flip flight and flip white crystal craft, attacking the mage tower to the NE.

I don't think this is a legal move - Flight movement has to end on a safe space.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Istvun posted:

drat, that's not nothing. But I'm kinda thinking we've made it to the point of 'board is play'.

Goldyx had 2 more cards and a bunch of crystals, if one of those cards was a move card it'd be pretty simple to retrospectively power it instead of using flight.

Otherwise yeah, chalk it up as a mistake.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Yeah I'm not to worried about blocking ice man if it came down to it. But knowing my luck with card draws so far I'd only have enough to either block OR kill, and since you dont get xp for blocking I'd have to take a bunch of wounds to the face.AGAIN.

That's not even considering his friends afterwards who I'm pretty sure I cant just ignore since they are all defending as well so I'd probably end up getting knocked out.

You'd get petrified if you didn't block the freezers and wouldn't be doing much of anything regardless!

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Tippis posted:

I don't know if I'd call it dumb, really — you use ice to block fire, which seems consistent with every elemental-based RPG ever. It's more the wording that is… inconsistent, I suppose I'd call it.

Yeah, Ice Resistance is being Resistant To Ice Damage and maybe should have been worded that way. Ice Block is using ice to block, not a block for ice.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Stelas posted:

For posterity's sake, the flip:

That doesn't look like a dungeon monster :raise:

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Sneaky minotaurs and their golem costumes.

edit: Actually this is one rule i'm not 100% on - when your reward is two artifacts, do you do the "take top 2, pick 1" thing twice or do you take 2 of the top 3 artifacts?

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Stelas posted:

Now taking spurious arguments as to which player has the prettiest line, and what the appropriate prize should be.

Nominating Tovak for the "Tried So Hard and Got So Far" award.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Arythea doing a victory lap of the map.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Things got a little bit Serious Business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Having watched you run this one I'd really like to participate in a Volkare scenario if possible. Fancy running a 6-player game? :D

• Locked thread