Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slanderer
May 6, 2007
Wizards are loving assholes. gently caress "political correctness", I'm sick and tired of their bullshit. I used to live in a good city with good, hardworking people--real Americans. Then one day a portal to Tal'Keoth, the Burning Void, opened in the middle of high school football field and everything was hosed. Wizards started appearing out of nowhere, swarming all over that screaming portal like flies on a turd. Sure, it created a lot of jobs for Ritual Assistants and Soothsayers, but no one seems to realize that they only hire more goddamn wizards. There used to be a really nice Trader Joes down the street, until the tallhats bought it out and now there is a goddamn Arcanoreum in it's place. My apartment building reeks of burning skeletons and the rent has doubled in the past year---those mages pay with illusory gold coins inscribed with forbidden runes so they don't even care how hard it is to get rent controlled housing.

Here's just a few of the things that I had to deal with in the past year:

-An enchanter set my dog on fire for disrupting his aura. The cops said it was "protected religious expression" but that bastard doesn't even go to church

-Went to see Captain America 2 and there was a cabal of wizards in the back row. Half way through they started laughing and when I went to tell them to shut their drat mouths they changed the movie so that Captain America was gay and he started banging Falcon for like an hour. I had to watch the whole thing to make sure but they definitely messed with it!!!

-I grew a pair and tried to stick up for myself in a meeting with my boss (another loving wizard). You know what he did? rear end in a top hat went back in time, banged my mom, and now he's my dad. Or maybe he was always my dad, I'm not really sure. But, seriously, who loving does that?

Anyone else tired of getting shat on by wizards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It's complicated being a wizard.

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011
My music teacher once dressed up like a wizard and molested me when I was 7

sexy mouse
Sep 18, 2008

sexy eye~
sexy nose~
sexy mouse~
don't you know~
if i was wizard i'd conjure up some friends

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
i died and a loving wizzzard raised me as an rear end in a top hat skeleton ghost

gently caress you wizrad

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

I am willing to hop in your pickup to round up wizards if necessary.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I long for the sweet embrace of death

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
white wizard shot the food

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Surely your experiences with wizards haven't been so one-sided as to blind you to the presence of good wizards, right?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
i was once a beautiful effortposter, then a terrifying business wizardrilla turned me into a shitposter

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Hello Sailor posted:

Surely your experiences with wizards haven't been so one-sided as to blind you to the presence of good wizards, right?

The only good wizard is a dead wizard... no wait, an undead wizard... undead wizards are pretty cool.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

RobattoJesus posted:

The only good wizard is a dead wizard... no wait, an undead wizard... undead wizards are pretty cool.

:agreed:

IMO

kill all wizzards

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

if you use magick to summon a demon or a fireball i start to think you're a little immature.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Get a Shaman to make you a Talisman of Honeybadger. When a wizard even SENSES you wearing a ToH, you'll drop under a Wizard's radar like a F-117A with a Globe of Minor Invulnerability.

:nws:(Not Wizard Safe)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg(Not Wizard Safe):nws:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Neurolimal posted:

i was once a beautiful effortposter, then a terrifying business wizardrilla turned me into a shitposter

:smug:

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
i had to enable googleapis to rate this thread a five. google kicked my dog and continously expands itself using cheap algorithms and riually abuses its physical hosts for extended guest priveleges. why it is even necessary for such a simple text-based pvp mmo itfp is beyond me, so i'm going 2 redisenable it now.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

you won't hate wizards so much when you become one later in life op

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Dumbledore was really negligent toward his own students' safety if you think about it.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Hello Sailor posted:

I know plenty of Good wizards, heck I'm friends with a few. But the rest of them are no better than animals who should go home to Avalon or San Francisco and leave the rest of us alone!

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

im pretty glad i dont have to deal with wizards because as a witch doctor they tend to cross the street when they see me and their teleportation spells steer clear of my neighborhood

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
I thought wizards were over 30 virgins, so wouldn't it be effectively a contradiction in terms to get screwed over by a wizard???

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
lizards im ok with

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Magic had broad cultural effects for us, when those with access began being exalted above those without it. The predictable result were the Mage Wars in which those without magic fought violently against their magic-wielding oppressors. In the end a peace treaty was signed that ensured an equal and democratic society, regardless of magical ability. Some argue that our continued use of capitalism lead to continued differences, but enough magic users contributed to the public good with their abilities that the overall effect on society was positive.

PAGE 9 OF 681

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
looks like i'm not alone here

Why I Am Leaving New York City posted:

I have never let the fact that I do not live in New York City keep me from pursuing my dreams, and I am certainly not going to let it stop me from writing a Why I Am Leaving New York essay today. New York, I must take my leave of you, you withered bitch-hearted city, you poison-titted fuckmother, you beautiful sex demon.

I am leaving New York City because of all of these goddamned wizards.

I never saw myself leaving New York. After Henry Hudson defeated the giant Cloverfield monsters wandering Manhattan Island by trapping them in steel and turning them into skyscrapers, it seemed like the perfect place to live, with just the right amount of wizards. Now, there are too many wizards, and it’s time to go.

It didn’t used to be like this. I used to go out a lot, to nightclubs like Danceteria, the Mud Club, Limelight, Save the Robots, Pyramid, Area, Beirut. Now Danceteria is a Night Swamp — anyone who enters loses all of their senses within an hour. Save the Robots is a group of twelve brothers who have been transfigured into swans; their sister trails after them, never speaking, frantically knitting, trying to turn them back into princes. Even Beirut is an enchanted ship that never stops moving and spontaneously catches fire every day at the hour of the Crucifixion. The Mud Club is pretty much the same, though.

When I was a kid growing up in the wizardless wastes of New Montana, I dreamed of someday paying the Dead-Eyed Ferryman my weight in bloodcoin and traveling over the Sleepless Hills into New York City. There was a glamour to it, a sense of possibility and neither too few nor too many spellcasters. And for a while, New York City was like that for me. I had lovers and apartments and few to no curses printed in ancient runes on my forehead.

Last year my building went co-op after it was bought out by a representative of the Unseelie Court. They turned the super into a burning brand and replaced him with Robin Goodfellow, a large, hairy man with a tail who performs housework in exchange for a saucer of milk and a place in front of the fire. He is the son of a witch and the Devil and he still hasn’t fixed my radiator even though I put in a written request in September.

The moon has disappeared and it has rained pennies for three straight weeks. The pennies disappear as soon as they hit the pavement. Whose New York City is this?

I used to be able to walk through Times Square at high noon and make it to the other side in my original form; now I can’t even leave my apartment without being enchanted into a wolf by a cackling old man in a beard and silvery-grey robes who disappears into a puff of smoke.

Sure, the apartment’s rent-controlled, but the rent is controlled by another drat wizard. One month I have to pay him in rubies held in the mouth of a robin; the next I have to fight through a Minotaur maze in order to bring him the scent of freshly baked bread. My relationship with New York City has been a love affair, but that love affair has been broken by a forgetting spell, almost certainly cast by Ró the Black-Nailed, who is an enemy of love in all its forms and is particularly adept at casting memory spells.

God, I hate Ró the Black-Nailed. I hate Ró the Black-Nailed almost as much as I hate Gargarak of the Thousand Sorrows, who has spirited away most of Houston Street and replaced it with a humming, ultra-violet rainbow that vaporizes anything that touches it. This isn’t the New York City I signed up for. Maybe I’ll go back to my ancestral home in New Montana. Maybe I’ll move to Austin. I hear there aren’t very many wizards there, just the Chupacabra Succubus Sisters.

I remember the days when pigeons died without melting into the sidewalk, then re-forming several blocks away with an extra black band around their necks. They just died. Whose New York City is this?

I spent all my money on hand-pulled marshmallows, but then a wizard took them, so now I don’t even have that. New York City took my marshmallows.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Moola posted:

lizards im ok with

how do you feel about lizard wizards?

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

The Mad Archivist posted:

I thought wizards were over 30 virgins, so wouldn't it be effectively a contradiction in terms to get screwed over by a wizard???

A wizard once pinned me to the ground and summoned a giant ball of beautiful shining light which floated inches above my face. He told me it was his soul and I should touch it, so I did. It was warm and not entirely unpleasant.

He then summoned a second ball which floated up and rested, touching at the side of the first ball of light.

"Is that your soul too?" i asked.

"In a way..." he replied. Suddenly I was blinded by a gigantic shaft of bright white light which appeared on top of the two existing balls.

That was the last thing I remember before I blacked out. I still don't know what happened on that terrible night, except that ever since that night occasionally rabbits and doves fly out of my butthole when I get stressed.

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011
Check out Wizardchan and read the Q&A it's simply enlightening

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Jon Joe posted:

Magic had broad cultural effects for us, when those with access began being exalted above those without it. The predictable result were the Mage Wars in which those without magic fought violently against their magic-wielding oppressors. In the end a peace treaty was signed that ensured an equal and democratic society, regardless of magical ability. Some argue that our continued use of capitalism lead to continued differences, but enough magic users contributed to the public good with their abilities that the overall effect on society was positive.

PAGE 9 OF 681

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate them because they have power beyond mortal comprehension. I mean, I love watching MMA so that stone-muscled brutes can beat the poo poo out of each other with staggering physical prowess, and I can hardly do a pushup---but I'm not even a little jealous! No, I'm generally a "live and let live" kind of guy. But when they flaunt their magic in public? That's not the kind of thing I believe in. And now they want to teach OUR CHILDREN that magic is natural and NOT A SIN and that anyone can become an apprentice if they have The Gift?

Well, screw that. My uncle Rodger had "the gift" and he was a drat good accountant who never cast spells or anything weird like that. Sure, maybe he turned water into wine that one time at my bachelor party, but we were all hammered as gently caress and poo poo happens, y'know? Besides, I think this whole "apprenticeship" nonsense is some sort of pedophile grooming scheme, like they talked about on 60 minutes. Real hosed up if you ask me.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Moola posted:

i died and a loving wizzzard raised me as an rear end in a top hat skeleton ghost

gently caress you wizrad

Moola posted:

I long for the sweet embrace of death

That's really messed up, brother. Those dickwads commit these ATROCITIES every day and no one does poo poo. Did you know that raising the dead and binding them to your will isn't even a crime? The wizard lobby has sunk bills in congress that would limit necromancer rights for YEARS. That's bullshit, in my opinion, but apparently defying the laws of God and Nature is protected by the First Amendment.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Slanderer posted:

That's really messed up, brother. Those dickwads commit these ATROCITIES every day and no one does poo poo. Did you know that raising the dead and binding them to your will isn't even a crime? The wizard lobby has sunk bills in congress that would limit necromancer rights for YEARS. That's bullshit, in my opinion, but apparently defying the laws of God and Nature is protected by the First Amendment.

hey now necromancers are a very specific sect of wizards and don't reflect on the whole of the arcane profession mkay

#NotAllWizards

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Reminds me of Mr. Stormbeard:

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/wizard-neighborhood-association/1/

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
Wizards rule and if you are ever harmed or afflicted by one you probably deserved it

ProfessorLoomis
Apr 5, 2007

I LUST FOR MONKEY DEATH
A wizard transformed my car into a stampeding elephant, but only for a second. It was still long enough to cause some massive chaos/confusion

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
OP, this wouldn't have happen under Sharia Law.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
I've been screwed by one.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

do Grand Wizards count?

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
Any wizard who can't make a proper golem can gently caress off.

Golems are awesome. Here are some sweet golem pictures:

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

i begged my parents to take me out of the after-school wizarding program when my classmates started calling me "wiz-tard" and brandishing crucifixes and bibles at me, but i think it strengthened my relationship with baphomet in the long run

Above Our Own
Jun 24, 2009

by Shine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks

This is dumb. Why would you need shotguns if you can just make a gun golem?

• Locked thread