Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011
take that bigots

quote:

Reedus said he discussed playing Daryl Dixon as a virgin and perhaps as "prison gay" with The Walking Dead's original showrunner and creator Frank Darabont.

"You know, a virgin is interesting. I remember Frank Darabont, after the first season we were at a party in LA, He said, 'I've got an idea for Daryl. He's gay. Would you be interested in that?' I was like, 'Let me hear you out.' He said, 'Well, he's prison gay—like, you'll catch him looking at a member of the same sex, but if you mention it to him, he'll just stab you and be like what the f--k?—he will never admit it.' I was like, 'That'll blow minds—let's do that.' And he said, 'I knew I hired you for a reason,'" he told GQ.

This is breaking edge stuff people, they are pushing boundaries.

Do you think these are accurate prison gay archetypes? I think it's great 'prison gay' is finally coming into the spotlight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
It would be cool if there was a scene where Daryl loses his gay virginity to a zombie and spends half the season worried he has a zombie STD and it leads to a lot of misunderstandings and drawn out arguments.

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
I don't think they know what prison gay means...

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Except all the dudes wearing camo and buying crossbows at sporting good shops because of Daryl would be super pissed off.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

the walking dead is poo poo

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Has Glenn died in the show yet? Why does Rick have two hands?

Windows 98 fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Sep 27, 2014

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

so are peanut untouchable and prince untouchable related or what

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
thanks for the rss feed paws not

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi
posting to bookmark

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
prison gay actually just means you're willing to have sex with men only when there are no women available. that dude has it all wrong.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Windows 98 posted:

Whydoes Rick have two hands?

Because the show is nothing like the comic except a few proper nouns

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Thanks for the avatar man!
i'm prison gay

Future Mrs Booger
Jan 18, 2012
ppl makin this show dont even know what prison gay even means. sheesh

Future Mrs Booger fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Oct 21, 2014

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
If it's a crime to want the twinkest rear end there is then yes, yes I'm guilty.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

chaos... rains

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I like that you can totally tell which one is Thugzilla. That's good branding.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I like that you can totally tell which one is Thugzilla. That's good branding.

the one that looks like bodie broadus right

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
also there's only 6 billings and 8 dudes so 2 guys are there for the thrill of the game

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Frostwerks posted:

the one that looks like bodie broadus right

o poo poo

can't unsee

this is MY corner (of poor littel white boy rear end)

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

i'm prizzin' gay

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
so did this show get any better? i stopped watching after season 3 because holy poo poo the writing was bad

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
daryl comes out of the closet and speaks with a lisp for the rest of the show

one liners consist of quips against fashion and looks

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Not really. Season 4 was a few episodes of the prison, then they gave The Governor two episodes to himself to fully redeem his character, and then throw that redemption away completely, then attack the prison and gently caress everyone's lives up. The rest of the season was a series of episodes with only a few of the characters in each. It was weird and kinda okay, definitely an enormous shift from the goddamn blandness of season 3.

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
the walking head

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LordArgh posted:

so did this show get any better? i stopped watching after season 3 because holy poo poo the writing was bad

i didn't get past the first scene. the one where some cop starts crying about something to his partner. it was poo poo.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

me 3

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Orkin Mang posted:

i didn't get past the first scene. the one where some cop starts crying about something to his partner. it was poo poo.

The first episode is a legitimately great bit of TV. Frank Darabont was such an asset, it'd be hard to believe that AMC dumped him if not for every other decision AMC has ever made.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

im prison gay

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I'm prison guy

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
There has to be some reason he didn't gently caress the emotionally vulnerable hot blonde teenager when she was gagging for it. I guess it's because he has the prison gay and not because he is a decent person. gently caress off walking dead.

They spent most of the last 2 seasons at the prison and we didn't see him once throw a dick up anyones rear end or even eat a dick. So this prison gay thing is suspect. To be fair, I guess I would be prison gay if I went to jail. But thats probably because I would have 5 nazis cut my balls off and jam them in my eye sockets and rape the poo poo out of me before slitting my throat.
PRISON GAY!

I guess they are subtly implying that Meryl fiddled with him as kids. gently caress off walking dead.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

LordArgh posted:

nope

Lonos Oboe posted:

There has to be some reason he didn't gently caress the emotionally vulnerable hot blonde teenager when she was gagging for it.

that chick is like 37

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

ScratchAndSniff posted:

I don't think they know what prison gay means...

Yeah seems this way. They should just go to a furry convention for clarification.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

LordArgh posted:

season 4 wasnt great overall, but i thought that the episode focusing on the weirdo kid was really good. kinda like how season 3 was poo poo except for the part where rick met back up with the black dude from the beginning. i guess there were a couple other okay ones too, like the first episode with the defeated governor.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Vargs posted:

season 4 wasnt great overall, but i thought that the episode focusing on the weirdo kid was really good. kinda like how season 3 was poo poo except for the part where rick met back up with the black dude from the beginning. i guess there were a couple other okay ones too, like the first episode with the defeated governor.

I was fun that they shot her. I didn't see that one coming.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
This last season I think they had a contractual obligation to make the comic look better.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
okay so for your character what I was thinking was
what if you were prison gay
but not really gay
you can say things like "fellows I am sure that woman has a very fuckable vagina"
but you still suck dick every now and then for old times

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
is the white guy deshaun troy this is my best educated guess

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014

boom boom boom posted:

that chick is like 37

I said the teenager The episode where they get drunk. She is 29 but she is playing like 17

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

he just looks so happy to be there

• Locked thread