Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Okay let's get this over with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
At least they admitted how desperate they are.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

They name dropped reddit. Really.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
We're over here.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
was that couch gag animated by don hertzfeld because boy oh boy that was his style

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The Simpsons deserve better than that crossover episode.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

The Simpsons deserve better than that crossover episode.

Everyone deserved better than that crossover episode.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Mantis42 posted:

Haha so this is the opening by the Rejected! guy right?

I... hope it was.

That was great. 2m 40s of that.

edit: 'Beloved' character? What the gently caress.

EvilElmo fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Sep 29, 2014

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
I haven't slept in two days and it is 5am and the couch gag hosed with my head pretty well.

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

What a let down. Still though, the cross-over was much worse.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Echo Chamber posted:

If you haven't watched the show since the classic era, I can't imagine why you would start watching again now.

I always watch the premiere episode of each season, hoping that over the break they've secretly fired the entire writing room and hired people who actually like/appreciate the classic era episodes and at least attempt to bring that 'feeling' back.

But no, usual jamming of celebs in and trying to build up suspense for something nobody actually cared about. Couch gag was terrible, felt 5 years too late and trying way, way, waaaaay too hard to be absurdist and falling flat.

See you next year!

Zadus Rejan
Nov 9, 2011
Sad was a sad start a this 26th season...How many season left?

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Echo Chamber fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Sep 29, 2014

Mira
Nov 29, 2009

Max illegality.

What would be the point otherwise?

EL BROMANCE posted:

But no, usual jamming of celebs in and trying to build up suspense for something nobody actually cared about. Couch gag was terrible, felt 5 years too late and trying way, way, waaaaay too hard to be absurdist and falling flat.

See you next year!

I will wholeheartedly agree with every point except for the one on the couch gag because it was amazing (if a few seconds overlong).

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

This will probably be the closest thing to seeing "Bart the General" or "Hommer simpson" on television.

If they're going to be edgy they should do "Marijuana_Simpson" as a couch gag:

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
I really thought this was pretty good for a new episode.
Yes, they tried too hard cramming in guest stars, and krusty quitting showbizz isn't new. But it was a pretty solid story, and the couch gag was hands down one of the best ones they ever did.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
That episode needed some Mel Brooks in it.

My DVR was unaware of the crossover. Do I need to hunt it down or just go on thinking it doesn't exist?

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

I really loved the poignant ending of The Sampsans Epasode Numbar 20.254

"Still love you Homar." :shobon:

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Here's the whole thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m78gYyTrG7Y

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Dr Tran posted:

My DVR was unaware of the crossover. Do I need to hunt it down or just go on thinking it doesn't exist?

The Crossover was considered a Family Guy episode so if you don't record Family Guy it wouldn't have recorded.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Dr Tran posted:

Legally, you can watch it on Fox.com if you are a subscriber of approved cable providers or eight days later otherwise.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Dr Tran posted:

It's a Family Guy episode. If you don't like that show it won't change your mind, but if you appreciate both shows it was alright. The typical Family Guy humor felt way out of place in the Springfield setting, but that in itself was often the joke.

EL BROMANCE posted:

I always watch the premiere episode of each season, hoping that over the break they've secretly fired the entire writing room and hired people who actually like/appreciate the classic era episodes and at least attempt to bring that 'feeling' back.
If they ever secretly fire the writing room it won't become apparent until December or January because the first several episodes are always holdovers from the previous production season. The best episodes of the season are never the premieres anyway. For some reason Matt Selman acts as lead executive producer on two episodes per season and even though he's still got the same team of hacks in the writing room he seems to do a better job than Al Jean of making something out of it. His episodes are usually the highlights of the season.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Decent modern-era Simpsons episode. Easily one of the best couch gags of all time.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

The Sampsans really went downhill after epasode numbar 9.577.2

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
I am applying Sampsans mating gel to my flippers.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
That couch gag was great. It's fascinating to think of what type of far, far, far, FAR future evolution of human beings would be watching those versions of The Sampsans as entertainment.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

BJPaskoff posted:

It's fascinating to think of what type of far, far, far, FAR future evolution of human beings would be watching those versions of The Sampsans as entertainment.

They'll mostly get reruns of season 1, same as us.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

The Wreck of the Relationship
SABF17 - October 5th, 2014 - 8/7c

When Bart disrespects Homer's authority over a serving of broccoli, Marge sends the two to a "Relation Ship" with Captain Bowditch (Nick Offerman), where they can solve their relationship problems. The captain himself turns out to have his own personal problems, including alcoholism. Meanwhile, Marge takes in charge of Homer's fantasy football team, but manages to win, despite being the underdog.

While looking up this episode, I learned that Mike Scully is a writer for Parks & Recreation. Weird.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
When does Simpsons World launch, and please tell me I can watch it on my XBox so I can just make a playlist of seasons 2-8 to watch as I fall asleep each night.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Certainly this celebrity playing themselvescharacter won't be hamfisted and overly manly, nah.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
That was a good couch gag

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
A missed chance to make a joke about Bart's age vs. how long the show has been on the air.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
That was a great standoff sequence.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Mulaney will suck and die.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Ron Swanson!

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Mulaney will suck and die.

And Bob's Burgers will hopefully take its timeslot.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
That sounded like Stan Smith's "wash your VJ" song.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Mister Kingdom posted:

This is a joke, right?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Mister Kingdom posted:

http://youtu.be/q-O-78QLLWg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Ha, I did not know that.

• Locked thread