Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Lovin' the vagueness of this thread title and the fact that people can't decide if its about bicyclists or motorcyclists

Why cyclists getting run over is more entertaining IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
I would counter that motorcyclists are way more annoying and also get run over with a much greater frequency

also you still said cyclist so thank you for providing a picture because "cyclist" really doesn't narrow it down

doesn't help that they both wear super retarded clothes

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
the biker look is the look that was established by returning vietnam vets.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
bikes blues and barbeque babyyyyyyyy!

i know walmart execs that have one-weekend-a-year-bikes that they all pay jesse james fifty thousand dollars to build and then keep in trailers the rest of the year. lol theyre all spikes and orange metal flake and cnc'd skulls

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

bikes blues and barbeque babyyyyyyyy!

i know walmart execs that have one-weekend-a-year-bikes that they all pay jesse james fifty thousand dollars to build and then keep in trailers the rest of the year. lol theyre all spikes and orange metal flake and cnc'd skulls

it's basically the vehicle equivalent of dad rock

naem
May 29, 2011

I had a bike and didn't like itt hats my story

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

etalian posted:

it's basically the vehicle equivalent of dad rock

but guy fieri turning into a motorcycle

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

whatever happened to that street biker who got paralyzed by the Asian guy in an suv with his wife and baby?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Bikes were the midlife crisis thing my dad decided on. He rides an early 40's Indian Scout to work these days, so basically this thing:

His hygiene has fallen off a cliff but he doesn't drink anymore and seems way happier so I guess it's a win. Cooler than dudes vrooming on Suzukis or leather daddies on choppers.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Cuniculous posted:

gently caress the Big Dam Bridge race. I can't go downtown or to North Little Rock tomorrow. :argh:

Little Rock is seriously the trashiest place I've ever been.

Guy Fleegman
Jul 8, 2009

by XyloJW

Guy Fleegman fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Sep 27, 2014

Mush Mushi
Sep 9, 2007
Motorcycles are actually cool and fun and can be relatively safe if you aren't a big idiot out to beat everyone on the road and actually take responsibility for learning how to properly ride.

Hope this helps!!!

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
If your legs work what are you doing in a car?

Answer: getting fat

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

but yeah, harleys are for disgusting late middle aged vietnam vets (no sarcasm)

Dolphin fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Sep 27, 2014

naem
May 29, 2011

I ride my bike bike now it's keeps me pretty

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

mookface posted:

I ride a mototcyle occasionally am I a biker

what kind i was thinkin about getting one but never had one before

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

I would counter that motorcyclists are way more annoying and also get run over with a much greater frequency

Despite being 35 times more likely to have an accident they're actually less likely to get run over in any given accident because 25% don't even involve another vehicle.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
I live in fayetteville and I'd just like to say I agree.

matrocious
Feb 7, 2011

Dolphin posted:

but yeah, harleys are for disgusting late middle aged vietnam vets (no sarcasm)

Pretty sure anyone who was in Nam is in their 70s. Unless you're talking about Obama's Vietnam.

That's is a sweet Yammy, tho.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

matrocious posted:

Pretty sure anyone who was in Nam is in their 70s. Unless you're talking about Obama's Vietnam.

That's is a sweet Yammy, tho.

hells's angel's are credited with creating the biker look, the hell's angels founders were displaces vietnam war vets.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

etalian posted:

Why cyclists getting run over is more entertaining IMO

This picture is metal as gently caress.

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001

That was my route when I bicycled across the country.

It was awesome. That was the best couple of months of my life.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
motorcycles are cool. the people that ride them are usually assholes who think they own the road and don't have to follow traffic laws.

all bicyclists are assholes. grow up and buy a car faggots

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Guancho posted:

motorcycles are cool. the people that ride them are usually assholes who think they own the road and don't have to follow traffic laws.
counterpoint: 80-95% of car drivers now text while driving and motorcyclists have to bend and/or ignore many rules in order to avoid being mangled and shredded apart

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Guancho posted:

all bicyclists are assholes. grow up and buy a car faggots

England Sucks
Sep 19, 2014

by XyloJW

brizna posted:

did you get any pussy?

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery

England Sucks posted:

did you get any pussy?

he was riding a bicycle.

of course not

Tellara
May 2, 2003

Quality Custom Glassware Since 1923

England Sucks posted:

No they drive around town and ignore the traffic signals and rev their engines really loud just for show and get drunk and brawl.

I rather have a furry convention.

We have the furry convention in Pittsburgh, it is p. great

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

brizna posted:

i'm sure your time biking through east Colorado, Kansas, and Missouri was a riveting experience you will never forget :laffo:

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

England Sucks posted:

No they drive around town and ignore the traffic signals and rev their engines really loud just for show and get drunk and brawl.

I rather have a furry convention.

Oh. I came to the thread thinking you were stupidly using the term "Bikers" to refer to bicycle riders over the age of 16 (The proper term is "Candyass"). Turns out you're just stupid, though.

*Unless you mean Harley guys. Harley guys are poo poo.

SamboSumo
Aug 4, 2014

I'm assuming Fayetteville? I live right off Garland Ave, and those fuckers kept me up all night. I really hate them. "I need a vehicle...but it should be WAY LOUDER AND MORE DANGEROUS than a normal one."

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Dolphin posted:

counterpoint: 80-95% of car drivers now text while driving and motorcyclists have to bend and/or ignore many rules in order to avoid being mangled and shredded apart

do you strap your cross to your back or do you have a sidecar for it

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dolphin posted:

lol yeah like the guy I saw lane splitting in heavy traffic in the middle of the city at 70 mph

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

in what way does any motorcyclist break traffic laws in order to make themselves safer

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

in what way does any motorcyclist break traffic laws in order to make themselves safer

those who aren't part of The Brotherhood don't know the true nature of The Road.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

lol yeah like the guy I saw lane splitting in heavy traffic in the middle of the city at 70 mph

dude he had to get away from that texter

Sometimes you are in an unsafe situation on the freeway though and the best response is to loving goose it and get the gently caress outta there, you'll break the speed limit but this way you can get yourself in between groups of cars and that's the safest place to be (aside from just not being on a goddamned motorcycle!)

Other than that though idk

wilfredmerriweathr fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 28, 2014

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
two wheeled transport is inferior

Frozen Horse
Aug 6, 2007
Just a humble wandering street philosopher.

TOILETLORD posted:

hells's angel's are credited with creating the biker look, the hell's angels founders were displaces vietnam war vets.

Given that the club was founded in 1948, I doubt that.

On the other hand, motorcycle clubs were a valuable way for men who like leatherclad men to meet and socialize back when such things were taboo. Too bad that AIDS tore through the scene the way it did. Now all we have is a bunch of suit-wearing couples who want to get married instead of challenging heteronormative institutions through the propaganda of the deed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

The Mad Archivist posted:

i'm sure your time biking through east Colorado, Kansas, and Missouri was a riveting experience you will never forget :laffo:

Once you hit the front range of Colorado and beyond though :swoon:

• Locked thread