Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Ciprian Maricon posted:

Can someone explain to me why people are excited to see Elder Dragon in a type line?

It does nothing mechanically, completely disconnected from the plot of the original elder dragons, and its not like there has been a serious lack of Legendary dragons in the game up until now. I'm self aware enough to know I don't care about plot an setting and flavor as much as some of you guys but seriously come on, its just two words on a type line!

Everyone is waiting for the payoff of the storyline, as silly as that is. people like the Eldrazi, and Nicol Bolas (one of the original 5 elder dragon legends, and the only surviving member of the original 5) was behind the plot to release the Eldrazi. The story in the cards and on the website have been indicating that we're going to revist this soon, and seeing new elder dragons is another small indicator that this is where we're going. A lot of people think this falls set is going to be return to Zendikar, eldrazi, enemy fetches, Nicol Bolas back to be more cartoonishly evil and so forth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I hope all the Elder Dragons got fat and lazy like Jabba Silumgar.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
gently caress that poo poo, Arcades Sabboth was never eliminated on screen. :mad:

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
New thread since this one is already big and we're entering spoiler season which will balloon this thread another hundred pages before it's over. Especially considering we're going to get some Magic Origins spoilers at PAX East and details should leak soon on Modern Masters 2.

• Locked thread