Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
Deflecting Palm wins a game on cam. Get your copies quick!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse

Korak posted:

If you're playing Mantis Rider against a deck with 2/1 and 2/2s, always block and force them to have it.
Always. That G1 was stolen by that bluff. I hope Jadine can learn from this.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
And G2 was actually lost because the guy totally forgot that Bloodsoaked Champion actually has a text box and isn't just a 2/1 for 1.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

bhsman posted:

Or even Extinguish All Hope, though that won't affect opposing Coursers. I like the deck, though: they don't really care about singleton removal as long as it ends up in the graveyard to fuel something else later. And I agree: as soon as I heard about Todd's deck running 4x Fiend I unconsciously flinched. :lol:

I don't think 4 is right. You don't want more than 2, I don't think.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Empty the Pits in an aggro deck :stare:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Has anyone else noticed that Mardu is sticking better than the other clan names, since it didn't have well-established names before?

quote:

:eng101: All right, listen up y'all. I'm y'all's Standard format, Khans of Tarkir. I brewed decks for twenty years in Shards of Alara, so don't even think about messing with me. Y'all feel me? Let's take roll here.

Junk? Where's Junk at? No Junk here?

:raise: Do you mean Abzan?

:eng101: OK, so that's how it's gonna be. Y'all wanna play. OK then. I got my eye on you, Junk.

BUG. Where is BUG at? No BUG here today? Yes, sir?

:shrug: My name is Sultai...

:eng99: Are you out of yo goddamn mind? Sultai? What? Do you want to go to war, BUG? 'Cause we could go to war. I'm for real. I'm for real. So you better check yourself.

RUG. Is there a RUG? If one of y'all says some silly-rear end name, this whole class is gonna feel my wrath. Now, RUG.

;-* Do you mean Temur?

:engleft: Son of a bitch! You say your name right, right now.

;-* Temur.

:engleft: Say it right.

;-* Temur.

:engleft: Correctly.

;-* Temur.

:engleft: Right.

;-* Temur.

:engleft: Right.

;-* RUG.

:eng101: That's better. Thank you.

Now. America, where are you? Where is America right now? No America, huh? Well you better be sick, dead, or mute, America -

:v: Here!

:eng99: Why didn't you answer me the first time I said it? You know, I'm just asking you, I said it like four times, so why didn't you say it the first time I said America?

:v: Because it's pronounced Jeskai?

:engleft: SON OF A BITCH! You done messed up, America! Get out of my goddamn classroom before I break my foot off in your rear end. Insubordinate, and churlish.

Mardu?

:tipshat: Present.

:eng101: Thank you.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Nemico posted:

How many Rabblemaster decks did everyone see at FNM? I didn't play at mine, but I saw at least 20% Rabble decks.

I didn't see any, but I also saw literally every Planeswalker in the format get played.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Mardu has been called Dega for a long time from my perspective, IMO, but Mardu feels like the least-awkward name to pronounce.

mcmagic posted:

I don't think 4 is right. You don't want more than 2, I don't think.

I agree; 4 is waaaaay too much for how much it costs normally and considering its effect's cost.

The Lord of Hats posted:

It's great for grindy matches, though I'm not sure if this qualifies except for all those dead creatures he had; pity about Magma Spray.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

The Lord of Hats posted:

He also exiled a Bloodsoaked Champion instead of just using a Swamp.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Deflecting palm seems to be an okay card.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

I'll just leave this here:

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
That was just an incredibly watchable and exciting Magic match. Getting this weekend post-rotation every six months is going to be amazing, because this is the best.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Hey guys, if you buy a VIP scg package you get a water bottle and UNLIMITED WATER STATION! The value!

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Boco_T posted:

That was just an incredibly watchable and exciting Magic match. Getting this weekend post-rotation every six months is going to be amazing, because this is the best.
Yeah, Standard seems to be pretty fun this time around. Then again I haven't seen much Standard besides INN-RTR standard and beyond.

Sickening posted:

Hey guys, if you buy a VIP scg package you get a water bottle and UNLIMITED WATER STATION! The value!
its about the PASSHUN

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse

Jabor posted:

And G2 was actually lost because the guy totally forgot that Bloodsoaked Champion actually has a text box and isn't just a 2/1 for 1.
I thought that Bloodsoaked Champ was Exiled?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Veyrall posted:

I thought that Bloodsoaked Champ was Exiled?

That was his point. Like the previous poster said he had a man untapped he decided to not use and toss a bloodsoaked.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
The first 2 weeks after a new set is released is usually interesting since something new always seems to come around. Even if it's just a few Brews with some of the new cards.

The first month after a new rotation is usually madness because everything has changed and nothing is really set in stone until the first Pro Tour of the new Standard.

The 2-Set-Blocks-No-Core-Sets release schedule is going to make spectating High Level play a lot more interesting with Standard shifting every 3 months and Rotations happening every 6 months.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
So I picked up the Khans event deck because I want to play BW aggro forever and it seems like a good way to get into standard. Any advice on cards I should swap out? I want to modify the decklist (maybe get a couple more Bloodsoaked Champions in there) but I'm not really sure where to start.

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon
http://www.twitch.tv/shotgunlotus/

shotgun lotus VRD draft of champions I'M SO EXCITED

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

So I picked up the Khans event deck because I want to play BW aggro forever and it seems like a good way to get into standard. Any advice on cards I should swap out? I want to modify the decklist (maybe get a couple more Bloodsoaked Champions in there) but I'm not really sure where to start.
Swap out two Scale Chiefs for the Edgelord variant, 3 more bloodsoaked champs for the Oreskos Swiftclaw, 2 Seeker of the Way and a Pain Seer for three more Herald of Torment, 2 Dictates and a Scoured Barrens for 3 more Bile Blight, and I think that would help a lot.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Lurchington posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/shotgunlotus/

shotgun lotus VRD draft of champions I'M SO EXCITED

This draft is going to be awesome, 8 champions will make for some interesting picks. Like E Woo going Ancestral Recall first pick, and Charles Wong Going Demonic/Mystical Tutor with picks 4/13 YESSSSS :getin:

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

One explore.

Vital Signs
Oct 17, 2007
He should have explored his opponents board harder.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Since the OP is new enough, would mtggoldfish (https://www.mtggoldfish.com) a good link? It's a good way to figure out the online meta.

also something something, explore joke

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
How do you not notice an extra land on turn freaking two? If your opponent can pass that over on you, you deserve to lose.

and they deserve to lose for cheating

you both should lose

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

AgentSythe posted:

Since the OP is new enough, would mtggoldfish (https://www.mtggoldfish.com) a good link? It's a good way to figure out the online meta.

also something something, explore joke
MTGGoldfish is the go to for a lot of people to see what is working in the online meta.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

stinkles1112 posted:

How do you not notice an extra land on turn freaking two? If your opponent can pass that over on you, you deserve to lose.

and they deserve to lose for cheating

you both should lose

When you are too busy figuring out how to cheat your opponent you get too busy.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Since I won through the lottery with my prize packs last night and got a foil Ashcloud Phoenix, I am hoping SCG shows Ashcloud Jeskai on camera all day and in the top 8. Please raise it up!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Lol it should be a game to see how much you can cheat against Alex when you play him. #explorethepossibilities

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
Richard Nguyen won game 2 of round 5 on camera, but didn't reveal his morphed Rattleclaw Mystic when he scooped his cards up and no one caught it.

There's a judge sitting right next to him, what the hell?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Boco_T posted:

Since I won through the lottery with my prize packs last night and got a foil Ashcloud Phoenix, I am hoping SCG shows Ashcloud Jeskai on camera all day and in the top 8. Please raise it up!

It was on earlier and helped the Jeskai Tempo player win, so maybe? In comparison to almost everyone I know, I really liked it coming out.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Deflecting palm wins another game, might end up being a pretty real card in tempo or control decks.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I have three Deflecting Palms already thanks to sealed play. I guess I should finish the set before they spike up in price~

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
I bought eight the other day. I knew I wanted a set for a deck, but they were cheap enough to get a spare set JUST in case I was right about it being the real deal.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
I think the op needs a 'so you want to get in to magic' paragraph.

Also it's me, I'm the guy who is passed the foil fetchland in draft :getin:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I think the op needs a 'so you want to get in to magic' paragraph.

Also it's me, I'm the guy who is passed the foil fetchland in draft :getin:

Seriosly? 1, or more, (but probably just 1) people were try-harding enough to just casually pass a Foil Fetch?

Dude better have won the draft with whatever he took over that.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Hey new thread someone please link the 5 proxies on one card site. I need to get my Saito testing on.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

A foil fetch went all the way around our table. Because we redraft.

Also I won the foil fetch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

That key and peel redo is spot on. I really hope the old names stick for everything but mardu.

Rug delver is so much more fun to say than temur tempo for instance!

Also, pauper left out of the OP again. I think it was decided pauperchat goes in the eternal thread.

field balm fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Sep 27, 2014

• Locked thread