Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

KidDynamite posted:

Hey new thread someone please link the 5 proxies on one card site. I need to get my Saito testing on.
This site?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I'm currently 5-1 at scg indy with my mardu brew with literally the worst sideboard I have ever built. Too bad there's no coverage.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

KidDynamite posted:

Hey new thread someone please link the 5 proxies on one card site. I need to get my Saito testing on.

Can you link to saito's new brews?

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Fingers McLongDong posted:

These are completely untuned and some are just fun ideas. Don't just sleeve one of these up and take it to fnm. Use it as a building point.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I never saw myself playing Jeskai, but after watching that chick win with what looks like a fun deck I think I will. Just bought some cheaper mantis riders and finished off the temples set while everything is around 5 bucks or less.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

:cawg: x100000

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

img-timeline.jpg

Guy that is 5-1 at SCG Indy: have you seen a lot of BUG in the room? Brad Nelson is doing okay with it in NJ but I think that deck is super sweet.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Cernunnos posted:

Seriosly? 1, or more, (but probably just 1) people were try-harding enough to just casually pass a Foil Fetch?

Dude better have won the draft with whatever he took over that.

Yeah just one. The guy isn't a new player (I'd probably have told him just take this), but is just like, a little off in his own world most of the time. Not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth.

The Wicked Wall
Aug 24, 2012

I guess the aphorism
"I think, therefore I am" brings little comfort in this case.
Speaking of Jeskai, I opened 3 boosters a friend didn't want (he won some raffle at the LGS) and got Narset, who looks incredibly fun but unfortunately I hate everything about the Jeskai flavour except Swiftspear so she might be a tradeaway/sell. I also got Bloodsoaked Champion (exactly what I wanted) and Clever Impersonator, so pretty good for some free packs!

Off topic, if I'm buying singles from the UK, is there any particularly recommended site for doing so? Manaleak is UK based and they use flat postage (£1 within the country) but their prices seem a little high in places (for example, Satyr Firedrinker is currently £1.49 each on Manaleak, but $0.89 on Starcity). Or would the postage for the cheaper cards being sent internationally invalidate the attempt to save money?

The only site I've been steered away from is Magic Madhouse, but with little explanation as to why.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
GET

HARNESSED

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

By the way: gently caress YEAH, Harness by Force.

Pulling wins right out of the rear end.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
That top deck harness :vince:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

That was, what? A little over forty life to chew through that game? Amazing.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

ungulateman posted:

GET

HARNESSED

:getin: that game was fantastic

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

The Wicked Wall posted:

Speaking of Jeskai, I opened 3 boosters a friend didn't want (he won some raffle at the LGS) and got Narset, who looks incredibly fun but unfortunately I hate everything about the Jeskai flavour except Swiftspear so she might be a tradeaway/sell. I also got Bloodsoaked Champion (exactly what I wanted) and Clever Impersonator, so pretty good for some free packs!

Off topic, if I'm buying singles from the UK, is there any particularly recommended site for doing so? Manaleak is UK based and they use flat postage (£1 within the country) but their prices seem a little high in places (for example, Satyr Firedrinker is currently £1.49 each on Manaleak, but $0.89 on Starcity). Or would the postage for the cheaper cards being sent internationally invalidate the attempt to save money?

The only site I've been steered away from is Magic Madhouse, but with little explanation as to why.
Yeah that's an extra dollar you're paying for the Firedrinkers from Manaleak when conversion is used, but maybe overseas shipping costs a bit more and they know that, so they're wringing ya dry!
I heard MTGCardMarket is good for EU based people, although I don't know much about the EU so I can't help you greatly, sorry.
Keep Narset for Trade as EDH fodder, BloodChamp will raise in price I think and so will the UltraClone, so keep those on ice before trading them I think, although I think trading BloodChamp asap will be better since Mono Black Aggro might be great for the start of Standard before the meta settles, although I'm probably wrong on that.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

The Wicked Wall posted:

People don't like Madhouse because they're a bit more pricey, but unlike manaleak they have the stock. It's the Star City reason to be priced a bit higher - You know you can get what you need from them. (free delivery is available from £20 orders up.) Plus I've never had bad service from them.

Other than that, look at magiccardmarket.eu

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
How have the decks looked so far today?

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Attorney at Funk posted:

How have the decks looked so far today?

I've yet to see a control deck. The format seems heavy on midrange and reach-heavy aggro decks.

I haven't seen a Savage Knuckleblade yet, interestingly; the only Temur deck I saw was only running blue to splash Sagu Mauler.

I'm very convinced that Sagu Mauler is one of the best cards in Khans, by the way. People are so quick to forget Simic Sky Swallower and this is situationally even better.

e: haha, Doomwake Giant into a field full of x/1s, he Stokes the Flames in response to punch his Courser in :haw:

ungulateman fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Sep 27, 2014

CaptainAmazingPants
Jul 14, 2002

I'm just waiting for someone to respond "WHAT ARE YOU SOME KIND OF FUCKING IDIOT"

Lurchington posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/shotgunlotus/

shotgun lotus VRD draft of champions I'M SO EXCITED

Thanks for posting about this. I was going to get stuff done, and then this.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Does Bueler actually have an out here?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Jeskai Tempo wins off of one life. Man, I definitely want to try out some of these lists, many of them are such a step away from what we're used to.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Jeskai Tempo seems to be dominating today. Being a big fan of Mantis Rider before release, this makes me happy.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Thanks so much!

Fingers McLongDong posted:

https://twitter.com/TomoharuSaito He posted 15 brews on the 26th.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Boco_T posted:

Since I won through the lottery with my prize packs last night and got a foil Ashcloud Phoenix, I am hoping SCG shows Ashcloud Jeskai on camera all day and in the top 8. Please raise it up!

I played Flip or Rip with my two prize packs at a draft. My friends won a Rattleclaw Mystic and Dragon-Style Twins, we only tore up a few commons and uncommons.

One guy got six fetchlands at the draft, which I think must be some kind of record. He was in the beginner's pod, and the only person who realized the (to quote a new player) "pretty lands" are worth money.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Ramos posted:

Jeskai Tempo wins off of one life. Man, I definitely want to try out some of these lists, many of them are such a step away from what we're used to.

both sides of the table were misplaying like crazy that match

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Well after 8 rounds I'm not surprised. Decks look sweet though

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

It's weird to see a tempo deck where the term isn't really synonymous with aggro control. Like the tempo-altering elements are more about shifting the clock with Burn, Deflecting Palm, and lifelink rather than keeping control while maintaining a more steady, predictable clock like Delver.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
What was the Harness by Force win? Did Rabble Red pop up on stream?

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

bhsman posted:

What was the Harness by Force win? Did Rabble Red pop up on stream?
Everyone over prepared for Rabble Red and it got destroyed all day. Mono Black Aggro is still a thing.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I collected all the lands in Theros and M14 but because planeswalkers cost so much and I haven't opened many fetches it would still cost me $140 to build Jadine's Jeskai Tempo just in 2 Chandra 2 Sarkhan 3 Stormbreath and 3 Flooded Strand, so I guess I'm sticking with straight White Weenie or Rabble Brimaz for Game Day. Maybe if I played more Standard than "mostly just Game Day."

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
:vince: :vince: THAT NARSET :vince: :vince:

that sound you here is narset doubling in value

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
First Narset trigger of the Standard Season: Hits 2 Jeskai charms, and 1 Dig through Time. :frogsiren:

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2

A big flaming stink posted:

How do you seriously not Despise the Narset there?

It's a pretty obvious choice when you die with two Hero's Downfalls in your hands.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
I am so satisfied with Jeskai's work today. I'm really happy I finished off the list before the results hit, I feel like narset/charm/mantis rider may be seeing a sharp increase afterwords.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

A big flaming stink posted:

OfChristandMen posted:

How do you seriously not Despise the Narset there?

It's a pretty obvious choice when you die with two Hero's Downfalls in your hands.
Whoa what happened? Was busy for a bit and I miss something neat?

burntnorton
Mar 6, 2006

neetengie posted:

Whoa what happened? Was busy for a bit and I miss something neat?

Narset flipped two Jeskai Charms and a Dig Through Time, the Dig got a Magma Jet, and he had Lightning Strike in hand. Opponent from 16 to zero in one turn.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Narset flipped what I believe were two Jeskai Charms and a Dig Through Time. I missed the fourth, but drat are those three obscene.

E:FB

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I feel like I made a big mistake choosing Temur as my min color coming to the rotation. I just like play big creatures fast... :smith:

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
One benefit of not going to these big events is that I'm playing/judging the release, checking the updates, and buying/trading for cards the thread says are performing well while all the usual sharks are in Jersey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I tell you what, SSG shuts down cards quickly as the event unfolds. So much instantly went out of stock I am pretty sure it had nothing to do with orders and more with them removing inventory from that price in order to wait for price adjustments.

• Locked thread