Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
How do you not notice an extra land on turn freaking two? If your opponent can pass that over on you, you deserve to lose.

and they deserve to lose for cheating

you both should lose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
Do these people not remember Lightning Angel? How can you look at Mantis Rider and not see an obviously playable card?

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
There's cycles of that for every color in every new format. Since I started playing in the late 90's I've seen every color be decried as the 'red-headed stepchild' for some period of time. That's not to say that it wasn't a correct assessment sometimes, but mostly it's just sour grapes/totally subjective determinations.

Green really was bad for a long time though.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
So can somebody tell me why Purphoros doesn't see more play? He seems potentially absurd in a shell with Rabblemaster, Hordeling Outburst, Bloodsoaked Champion and a number of other things. Are there easy answers to Gods that I'm not seeing besides Erase and Deicide? Because I really want to try a semi-budget token deck.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
Uuuh sorry tapping to the left is actually fine and also correct :colbert:

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
Seriously, the only MtG books worth reading were the ones he did. Although I maintain that The Brothers' War was the only actually good book in the whole series. Some of them were cool when I was 14, but looking back at them now... holy poo poo. It's like they just locked the authors in a room with the plot points to hit and the characters that needed to show up, and then just published the first draft.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
Honestly the thing about those books that bothers me the very most is the absurdly amateurish amount of basic formatting/spelling/grammar errors that made it to print. Like I can forgive a typo or two but holy poo poo there's one on every page.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
All the excitement of getting back into type 2 and a super cool new standard environment led to me abandoning my better judgment and playing the pack lottery, since I own a grand total of 75 MtG cards now. (Sub-Sligh, woo!)

Bought 5 packs from the checkout line at Target:

:shepspends: Maybe... maybe just a couple more...

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

Sickening posted:

The LGS I am at this evening is selling sarkhans for 50 tonight. Peak magic folks.

Mine has him for 50, Sorin at 30, the temples at 6.99 each and a slew of other ridiculously over priced singles, mantis riders at 10, rabble masters at 22, etc. I don't know how they expect to compete with online prices.

I packed a Sorin the other day and asked how much cash I could get for it. He offered me seven dollars.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
"Well, we've got like 5 of them..."

I literally lol'ed.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Check the store's own online prices. I've posted here before about a store I used to go to that jacked up in-store prices and then had the same cards online for much much cheaper. Curious if this is another case of that.

They don't appear to have any sort of online inventory. I guess they're just conceding to the superiority of online retailers and going for the 'convenience charge' :shrug:

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
So, Dark Betrayal is a card. Destroy target Siege Rhino for 1 at Instant? Yes please. Does this seem like a playable SB card to anyone else?

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

I like this version but Coordinated Assault is absurd and deserves more than a one-of IMO

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
Well, no Batterskull for Nahiri BUT they did give us Skullclamp! So they intended for her +2 to read "draw 2 cards" after all!

Edit: FFS did we really have to have Cyclonic Rift in the blue deck? That card should be banned.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
The feelbads dude. THE FEELBADS.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

Ciprian Maricon posted:

You're doing something really poorly if a 7 mana quasi sweeper is causing you problems.

My play group is exactly five people, and we like to buy the decks and play them straight out of the box. Rift is significantly better the more people are playing.

Mostly I find it annoying, not over powered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
I just want to add that I am another one of those rare birds for whom MTGO seems to work just fine. I've been playing semi-regularly for three weeks now and have yet to encounter of the common bugs that people ITT are experiencing. The only complaint I have so far is indeed that people take a loooong time to do anything sometimes, but that's easy to write off as fellow newbies; I just wish there was an action timer like there is a game timer, 20 seconds to pass priority or a flashing warning after you've let it sit there untouched or something. Then again that might not be workable just based on how MtG plays out in an actual game.

• Locked thread