Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
field balm
Feb 5, 2012

That key and peel redo is spot on. I really hope the old names stick for everything but mardu.

Rug delver is so much more fun to say than temur tempo for instance!

Also, pauper left out of the OP again. I think it was decided pauperchat goes in the eternal thread.

field balm fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Sep 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

I really don't get why anyone cares about burger guy? Giving out free burgers to a bunch of fatties with no self control is dumb, good on that guy.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Wierd question: how do you guys test making really small changes to an existing deck? Is there any theory on it? I'm talking about like, 1 or 2 cards in a slow deck. This is one of the things that often makes me give up on brews, the final five percent or whatever that is incredibly important, sometimes I can test a new card for like 10 matches and see it twice.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

I don't usually like control decks, but that UB deck looks nice and straightforward.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Hellsau posted:

I don't know yet, Hymn being legal makes things different. Once they ban the overpowered stuff, I certainly don't want to pilot MBC against any blue deck. Gush already was good, Cruise is backbreaking and can be played in the UR and RUG Tron decks.

Kind of want to play UB tapout control with four Cruises.

Yeah I think it will mainly put mono u ahead of mono b in control matches, but I don't think it will make a huge diff for some of the faster decks. I've been too busy to test much lately though :(

E: and delver variants, obviously

field balm fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Oct 15, 2014

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Anyone got that UB list people were talking about earlier on? This standard looks amazing really, pretty tempted to buy into a paper format for the first time in a while!

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Yeah, coming from lunch table mirage to competetive mirrodin feat. arcbound ravager and his friend disciple of the vault was pretty eye-opening.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

xeose4 posted:

Manatalk: Okay, wow, didn't expect so many answers. Okay, so Black and Red are more mana efficient, I can accept that, but why would you play so recklessly? Is getting an advantage really worth the odds of helping your opponent win the game?

You don't really seem to get things like managing resources, valuing things based on their cost/place on the curve, tempo, and so on. It's hard to come back to something you remember being fun and creative as a kid and realizing its actually competitive maths, so I think your best bet is to just jump in and get playing again. You might be surprised how much your sensibilities have changed since being younger.

E: if you want to avoid planeswalkers, pauper is a popular format online!

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Babylon Astronaut posted:

The most reckless move of all is giving your opponent more turns to win

These are words to live by, well put!

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

I'm always defending Kamigawa for some reason - I thought the flavour is some of the best wizards has done. I think people remember drafting it and all the boring soulshift/splice/hand matters stuff but there were some really excellent cards in the set. Jitte, Gifts Ungiven, Kokopops and top still get played in eternal stuff.

Also it had the honden deck which is probably one of my favourite dumb budget standard decks ever.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Is KTK sealed the only event on mtgo you can play with phantom points at the moment? Any advice? I just scrubbed out real bad. I've had ok decks drafting the format but it seems rough sealed.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Skillface posted:

Is there a list for this somewhere? Ember Swallower is my jam.

I'd like to see it too, I love big red.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

I don't think mana abilities ever used the stack, right?

• Locked thread