Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I've stopped linking my writing in this thread, since I figure people know about it already.

However.

I think this week's installment about Time Spiral is by far the most important review in my rundown of every block in Magic. So, here it is.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Zoness posted:

I was secretly hoping for more Weird Wizards

But enough about Ken Nagle.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Toshimo posted:

That doesn't even make any sense.

Yes it does. He continuously puts nonlands from the bottom of the deck to the top, stacking the top with nonlands so that no hand will ever be good. Since players are no longer allowed to cut their deck after their opponent shuffles (I did this in a tournament months back without knowing the rules change and my opponent was like "what are you doing"), there's nothing that can be done unless you catch the actual cheating. And no one did.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I need to start streaming something just so I can kick the poo poo out of everyone else's music selection.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Babylon Astronaut posted:

MTG doesn't need to be that more strict than the NFL.

15 yard penalty, you have to play your match three tables away from your opponent.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Hasbro's Q3 earnings call was today. After the 'hearthstone isn't a competitive threat to digital magic' laffs in Q2 I was expecting more but it was pretty tame.
- Q3 revenue >10% higher than Q2 (conspiracy probably didn't sell that well)

Conspiracy outperformed their highest hopes for it.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Speaking of Magic Online, I wrote about how I draft the Holiday Cube.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Rinkles posted:

Are you resuming your reviews soon?

Yes.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

aunt jemima posted:

And by "inclusion of" you mean "return of a feature that worked perfectly TEN YEARS AGO" :argh:

That's what they get for hiring Steve Jobs, Bob Hope, and Johnny Cash as programmers.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Skillface posted:

Happy new year thread, here's an SCG spoiler

This is insane. It's the white Rabblemaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
For people who care about Magic literature, a friend is reviewing "The Moons of Mirrodin."

Note: it's actually way better for those of you who don't care about magic literature

• Locked thread