Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
In the game, there are theoretically a lot of different play styles, but playing in a way that deviates from the typical strengths of your race and class can earn you a lot of grief from other players. That will sound eerily familiar to people who've been accused of not being, for example, Jewish enough.

Schelldorf, a colleague here at NPR, gave me a primer on WoW before our chat with the others. Once, he said, he was told he wasn't playing "right." His character, a troll hunter, was wearing the wrong armor for his playing style. Some other players who were moseying by noticed, and came over to taunt him. They messaged him: You're doing this all wrong, n00b! Schelldorf's character flew away from his tormenters. "They didn't know what I was trying to do," he said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

I can't leave without my buddy Juan Williams!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
This hour, On Point: the sociologist and “World of Warcraft.”

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"Roguelike." It's a term we often hear applied to young black men, who are often accused of rogueish behavior. But it means something else. NPR's Code Switch examines, up at 7:33.

Alabama Blacksnake
Aug 9, 2005

But it ain't too goddamned beaucoup.

FactsAreUseless posted:

If you get this one, you're a loving nerd.

Gene Simmons interview?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
Agahnim: Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, I'm a retired boss fight. I see a lot of you reaching for your bug nets, right now, but I did say retired, because if I wasn't, you'd be too late anyway.

That's Agahnim with his amazing story of fighting heroes and kidnapping princesses. I'm Jay Allison, producer of the Moth Radio Hour

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
i would play an animal crossing ripoff called Lake Wobegon that would be good.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Alabama Blacksnake posted:

Gene Simmons interview?
loving nerd.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Tonight on Tristam Home Companion, we've got the beleaguered townsfolk of a small Khanduras village to answer trivia questions about sporks and pop culture.

Mr. Cain, at what age did you let a man make love to you? How did it feel. Please, be as open as possible.

Well, you see, my neighbor next door was a very handsome unique spawn and he told me to stay awhile and glisten.

CARRIERHASARRIVED
Aug 25, 2010

This is Fresh Air. All of us are familiar with the attempted coup by General Donald Morden that was put down several years ago. But recently, we've heard a lot more about the actions of the famous Peregrine Squad, often credited with single-handedly winning the war effort. My guest today was a captured by the Rebel Army during intense fighting in an undisclosed jungle region. After being rescued by Peregrine Falcon squad and aiding them in whatever way he could using his munitions expertise, he's come to prominence after writing his tell-all memoirs regarding his capture and the actions of his rescuers. He's here today to talk about his tenure as a POW, his thoughts on General Morden, as well as his impression of his rescuers.

Thank you!

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Imagine a NTR game

Alabama Blacksnake
Aug 9, 2005

But it ain't too goddamned beaucoup.

gently caress

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mr. Pumroy posted:

welcome to marketplace i'm kai ryssdal and boy, how about those ghastly gibuses, huh? gibuses? gibusi? anyway, we'll take you into the steam market where we'll find out just what the deal is with who's collecting all those hats and how that could effect the color of your dota 2 costume. but first, a look at the numbers.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I can't leave without my buddy Juan Williams!

hahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kazvall posted:

Tonight on Tristam Home Companion, we've got the beleaguered townsfolk of a small Khanduras village to answer trivia questions about sporks and pop culture.

Mr. Cain, at what age did you let a man make love to you? How did it feel. Please, be as open as possible.

Well, you see, my neighbor next door was a very handsome unique spawn and he told me to stay awhile and glisten.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Garrison Keillor: "Stay a while, and listen."