Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUF3MhPKhv4

lol at a hacker looking like chris hemsowrth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Rocks posted:

They pretty much outright assign him an asian waifu, this movie is pure power fantasy for nerds

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
spoiler alert blackhat is a rare fedora

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
The packets...he's sending TOO MANY

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

He's blocking us by DOSing all of our hard drives!

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

He found a backdoor into my CPU...he's controlling it from the inside

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"You don't understand. Hacking isn't something I do...it's who I am." ~LukeStarkiller6969, BlackHat (2014)

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

The four boot up their machines. Various vanity screens
come up on the laptops. They begin to hack. We see the
inside of the Gibson. Viruses of all kinds begin to pour
in. In the offices and data processing rooms, the
Ellingson staff are in pandemonium. Happy faces with eye
patches appear on their screens. "Sit on my interface."
"poo poo for Brains." "Arf Arf Arf!" Cookie monsters.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

These Hollywood guys sure have an imagination on them. Imagine an Australian using a computer lol

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
I hope someone opens all his ports

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I hope his hacker aol handle is Thor lmbo

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
hackers are the true heroes

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
code:
H A C K T H E P L A N E T

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
>send spike (straight up[ my arse)

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
that trailer was horrible if it had a smell it would be poop

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
$Mainframe = new Mainframe();
$Mainframe->hackMainframe();

I'm in

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Drunk & Ugly posted:

that trailer was horrible if it had a smell it would be poop

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
That actually looks beautiful and fun

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

hemsworth as a computer nerd is just about the worst piece of casting I can imagine

are they really that hard up for decent actors in his age group

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Looks p cool.

I'm high as gently caress

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Rocks posted:

lol in the thumbnail it looks like hemsworth is trying to playing assange

that isn't what i'm getting and now im sad

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Torka posted:

hemsworth as a computer nerd is just about the worst piece of casting I can imagine

are they really that hard up for decent actors in his age group

gotta appeal to the vaginas :smug: i dont even have a vagina and chris hemsworth gets me all wet

anyways, it looks like it'll be fun. the trailer kinda sucked.

i really liked collateral and heat, but public enemies was snoozefest and miami vice was a huge letdown. hopefully this is more like the former and less like the later

Xaris fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Sep 28, 2014

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Xaris posted:

gotta appeal to the vaginas :smug: i dont even have a vagina and chris hemsworth gets me all wet

anyways, it looks like it'll be fun. the trailer kinda sucked.

i really liked collateral and heat, but public enemies was snoozefest and miami vice was a huge letdown. hopefully this is more like the former and less like the later

yeah but they could have found an equally handsome guy who is easier to buy as a computer person rather than someone who looks like a nordic demigod

what I'm saying is, my immersion :qq:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Torka posted:

yeah but they could have found an equally handsome guy who is easier to buy as a computer person rather than someone who looks like a nordic demigod

what I'm saying is, my immersion :qq:

yea i agree that nordic demigod hacker is lolll-worthy and lovely casting, but it hsould still be fun and since it's mann, it'll have good cinematography if nothing else at least.

naem
May 29, 2011

It's about new money and stealing, and its set in china, which is appropriate; I think they picked a blonde Nordic superman because people are nervous about changing power and wealth demographics

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I genuinely don't get Michael Mann. I mean yeah his long shots are gorgeous, but that's really all I ever see. What am I missing oh genius cinephiles? What am I missing?

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
What does climate science have to do with this movie?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

mind the walrus posted:

I genuinely don't get Michael Mann. I mean yeah his long shots are gorgeous, but that's really all I ever see.
That is a pretty big deal: his night time cinematography was top-notch and he is really good at setting the lighting and nighttime mood. He does a good job of setting up a slow-burning "action" film with his cinamatography. Also pretty good "realistic" shootouts with actually gun-training for actors. To be fair, he hasn't really made that many movies over the past 30 years and his last two were pretty bad.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Sep 28, 2014

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

I genuinely don't get Michael Mann. I mean yeah his long shots are gorgeous, but that's really all I ever see. What am I missing oh genius cinephiles? What am I missing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQNBg6I29gI

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Rocks posted:

oh nice a yellow peril movie also white man with meek yellow girl

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

mind the walrus posted:

Uh don't worry nobody really agrees that his last couple of movies were good on a technical level. He has gotten into this habit of not utilizing on set lighting and we are left with this ugly as gently caress night scenes shot on old as gently caress handheld digital cameras

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
Oh boy, another "lone hacker can take over and control everything because ~Computers~" movie/TV show.

Also, I was wondering if there was gonna be a gunfight. Of course there is, it's Michael Mann.

Xaris posted:

yea i agree that nordic demigod hacker is lolll-worthy and lovely casting, but it hsould still be fun and since it's mann, it'll have good cinematography if nothing else at least.

Yeah IDK about the cinematography. Michael Mann needs to start using a newer type of digital camera, one that can get good low-light performance without having to use a 360-degree shutter and look all swishy.

iSheep posted:

Uh don't worry nobody really agrees that his last couple of movies were good on a technical level. He has gotten into this habit of not utilizing on set lighting and we are left with this ugly as gently caress night scenes shot on old as gently caress handheld digital cameras

Pretty much this. It was OK in Collateral because it added to the feel of the movie, but somebody please please please tell Michael Mann that they have digital cameras now that can get just as good low-light performance without looking like swishy grainy poo poo.

Doc Block fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Sep 28, 2014

still using 96 Compaq
May 16, 2007
not too smart if you don't not understand this
gently caress sakes, remember that film where wolverine had to hack some poo poo while getting his dick rubbed, thise movie will not top that movie, also lol @ hacker movie and ACTION FILM get hosed man, a more realstic take would be some scrawny pasty nerde sitting in a cold concrete basement staring at his screen for 30 hours, jacking off every couple hours to get some exercise, can we get some realism for once

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Doc Block posted:

Yeah IDK about the cinematography. Michael Mann needs to start using a newer type of digital camera, one that can get good low-light performance without having to use a 360-degree shutter and look all swishy.

well. miami vice is almost 10 years old and i remember thinking it was a lovely movie but looked pretty good in the low-light scenes. collateral looked really amazing for the time and i think he was one of the first to really adopt the low-light digital cinematography. of course technology has come a long way in 10 years so yea i would hope he does get something better.

cZarKastic
Mar 28, 2014

Super Evil Genius Potential
Hopefully they find a way to top this masterpiece

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8qgehH3kEQ

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Xaris posted:

well. miami vice is almost 10 years old and i remember thinking it was a lovely movie but looked pretty good in the low-light scenes. collateral looked really amazing for the time and i think he was one of the first to really adopt the low-light digital cinematography. of course technology has come a long way in 10 years so yea i would hope he does get something better.

Literally no-one thought Miami Vice looked good when it came out, save for maybe the ending shot of the girl going back to Cuba. It wasn't too bad in Collateral, and added to the feel of the movie, but the night shots in Miami Vice looked bad, and even the daytime stuff looked super swishy due to them using too long of an exposure time to compensate for the low light conditions.

edit: So apparently Michael Mann is using the Arri Alexa XT, which is a fantastic camera, and completely loving throwing it away. Don't shoot with a shutter angle greater than 180-degrees people, this isn't hard.

Doc Block fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Sep 28, 2014

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
Kill the Gibson

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
dozens of CPUs have gone rogue; the mainframe infrastructure is decompiling in on itself! we have to pull the plug NOW

CaptainQuirk
May 9, 2009

Cubone posted:

dozens of CPUs have gone rogue; the mainframe infrastructure is decompiling in on itself! we have to pull the plug NOW

And when the cops show up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_42QugHuWfs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
If its anything like Heat people are gonna call this the best drat depiction of a hacking scene ever committed to film

• Locked thread