Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Football?
This poll is closed.
A harsh mistress 26 18.06%
A hate-verse allergic to love 14 9.72%
A flayer of souls 28 19.44%
A wait at the DMV that ends with a surly attendant telling you that you don't have the right documents 76 52.78%
Total: 144 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

sean10mm posted:

I know nobody cares about Army football and they are almost always terrible, but they are on track for one of the worst seasons in their history. loving Yale just scored 49 on them. Even in their winless 2003 season there wasn't anything that appalling.

Army always finds a way to lose. gently caress navy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

rebel1608 posted:

Here's Hoke's explanation

"Er, I may not know what the gently caress a concussion is, that's something dealing with the ACL or the fibia or some poo poo, I dunno, maybe a light fever, something to work through. I'm not a trainer, ha ha ha. In any case, point being, I don't see what any of that has to do with his decision-making skills, and that's the most basic need for a quarterback, is to know when to play and to put the body on the line. Go Wolverines."

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Baylors d looked like poo poo again. Bad corners and bad tackling.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

It might not sound very smart, but Brady Hoke is doing the best he can coaching college football even though he is a cartoon bear.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

johnfw50 posted:

Christian Hackenberg is a terrible quarterback and I will laugh like a maniac when he eventually gets drafted number one overall. At least Hamilton is still a beast.

I don't think he's terrible, but I do think that whoever is coaching him is terrible. He looked fine last year! But then again, that was a staff that turned Matt McGloin from "MOXIE!!!!" walkon to "serviceable enough to the first PSU QB to play in an NFL game since Kerry Collins was all liquored up."

But that was the worst game I've ever watched. Even that awful Illinois game that turned out to be Paterno's last game or when Ohio State did pretty much whatever Ohio State wanted to last year weren't as bad.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Sash! posted:

I don't think he's terrible, but I do think that whoever is coaching him is terrible. He looked fine last year! But then again, that was a staff that turned Matt McGloin from "MOXIE!!!!" walkon to "serviceable enough to the first PSU QB to play in an NFL game since Kerry Collins was all liquored up."

But that was the worst game I've ever watched. Even that awful Illinois game that turned out to be Paterno's last game or when Ohio State did pretty much whatever Ohio State wanted to last year weren't as bad.

even last year he still constantly threw off hi back foot/behind receivers it just didn't seem as awful. he's basically kyle boller

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

anne frank fanfic posted:

Baylors d looked like poo poo again. Bad corners and bad tackling.

Nah. Reid had some bad plays against a good receiver (might grow into a great one) in Lazard, and we had trouble keeping Richardson contained, but beyond that I thought it was a solid effort - ignore that last TD, it came on a busted coverage by a 4th or 5th string CB. Gave up exactly what a very solid KSU D did a week before holding Auburn in check. Far from flawless, but I'm not panicking yet. TCU will be an interesting test, with Boykin running and throwing like he has been.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

First conference win in TWO YEARS.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

rebel1608 posted:

Here's Hoke's explanation

Yeah, the problem is deeper than just "is he hurt?" because it points to the failure of organization and attention to detail that defines Hoke's whole program.

Someone (assistant coach, medical trainer) should have had the responsibility to recognize a possible concussion situation and had the responsibility to get him out of the game and make sure he is not available until he has been tested and cleared.

It's clear that none of this existed. Morris stayed on the field because he wanted to, came off and sat on the bench and only then did a medical trainer sit down with him to assess him. At that point they were looking at his ankle and paid no attention to his head. Then Gardner lost his helmet, and somebody yelled for Morris, who hobbled back into the game despite not being fully tested.

At no point did someone take his helmet and tell third string to get ready because he's now #2. At no point did someone communicate with the staff that Morris was unavailable until testing was done. At no point was there any sign of proper organization of the sideline staff or that they even had particular duties and responsibilities. There was no protocol, there was no anything - they were just winging it.

This is how Hoke operates, it's why his teams are a disorganized mess. Hoke didn't know Morris' status because it was nobodies job to determine it or relay that information to Hoke. Lack of attention to fundamentals and details are hallmarks of how his teams play, and it shows in all aspects of the team.

He is not capable of dealing with the complexities of a major football program. Fire his rear end now.

Ed: I'm Real Mad at the moment and will shut the hell up for a while.

Deteriorata fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Sep 28, 2014

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Underrated Stat I caught from the Baylor game before I call it a night: Baylor still yet to give up a sack through four games. We haven't been as great running the ball as some of us had hoped, but pass protection has been fantastic - forget about no sacks, our QBs have barely had to hurry so far. Good sign in a year where our receiving corps is this stacked.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Party Plane Jones posted:

I didn't see the Ohio State game but dang

This is a work of art and I will probably never enjoy anything associated with Ohio State as much as I have this little incident.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Now that I bother to look things up...

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

http://youtu.be/cFmoc66Ju_o

The first play of the game, which got Ole Miss' kicker ejected and should get at least #10 suspended for the Bama game because he came off the bench to throw some punches.

So to recap

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

A bunch of you on Saturday night were condemning Mississippi State center Dillon Day for "stomping" on LSU D-Linemen. That makes me a bit mad because you guys seem like you watched it from the one angle that makes it look bad, with a clip that also uses slow-mo timed in such a way to make it look like a deliberate stomping. Either way, here is his response:

Before you call me a homer, go back again and watch the clip again- when he leaves the ground, he was looking at the two people in front of him and trying to make sure he didn't crush Dak Prescott. By the time he lands, the LSU defender that he "stomped" had rolled a good one and a half times. Day is 300 pounds, so I doubt he could clear that with a jump, much less change direction midair.

The Refs saw it. The guy's teammates saw it. Neither complained. The only people complaining are click chasers like Bleacher Report (two stories on it) and those who only saw it from that one angle.

Jesus loving Christ Ben.

Compare a meaningless kickoff fight that's half a misunderstanding here to a ridiculous loving stomping of anyone in his path here.

Seriously dude.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

AKMoose posted:

This is a work of art and I will probably never enjoy anything associated with Ohio State as much as I have this little incident.

COMPUTER SECRETS
Oct 6, 2003

Pig Sooie
That thread title is the truth. The worst part about losing in that fashion was betting on A&M to cover so losing wouldn't feel so awful.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I noticed Shane hurt from a concussion twenty rows up. I am more qualified to be Michigan's head coach than Hoke.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
Cool Huskers win but still feeling bad about this team. Our offense is good, pretty good. If the O-Line holds up Abdullah can do some poo poo against most defenses and Armstrong has been smart and versatile thus far. I think a lot of teams underestimate his running ability too. Bell and Westerkamp are deep threats as well.

On defense, though, hmmm. LBs are a question, and the secondary is small. Our D is a bend-but-don't break type thing, but against good teams I suspect they break more than not. Thus far they have tended to let offenses move at will but make it up with timely turnovers. I fear the worst versus MSU.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I'm going to get in trouble because I engaged with Virginia trustfunders who were calling yarmulkes "kike caps". This is your Weekend In Dogg.

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I'm going to get in trouble because I engaged with Virginia trustfunders who were calling yarmulkes "kike caps". This is your Weekend In Dogg.

You were doing good work, Dogg and I appreciate it. Virginia Tech elected the representative from the Jewish fraternity homecoming king, in a twist of irony.

Virginia Tech scored on the opening kickoff because they forced a fumble of the WMU returner and got a touchdown. Defense was great but Michael Brewer continues gunslinging and I'm tired of it. Ground game really picked up, big day for Marshawn Williams. Shai McKenzie had a touchdown too but unfortunately might be out for the year, really hate to see that for the kid. Shai was probably the best RB on the team. Good news is that Trey Edmunds can probably take a few more carries now to split the load.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Also we scored a touchdown with like 20 seconds left in the first half, then the refs ruled it an interception, then they reviewed it and showed it on the big screen and the entire crowd went AWWWWWW because it was clearly a touchdown, then they said "the ruling on the field is upheld" and the crowd barely cheered because it was horseshit and burn that entire campus to the ground roll tide good trip everybody

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Can someone please do the stats and whatnot that says what we do if we win out except for army. Then do it if we lose to army and one other mac team. then do it if we win out. thanks stats bros

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Woo fsu won

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I'm looking forward to my team actually moving up in the rankings after our 4th win since we finally looked good for a change. Then again the game against Utah next week before we play Oregon has trap game written all over it.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
gonna be mooning utes fans all year, go god drat cougs :w00t:

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
I know we lost our QB and our entire o-line to the twin evils of injury and marijuana, but we are at like SMU levels of offense. It's so bad you guys.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

VDay posted:

I'm looking forward to my team actually moving up in the rankings after our 4th win since we finally looked good for a change. Then again the game against Utah next week before we play Oregon has trap game written all over it.

Utah lost to Wazzu, UCLA might win ugly (like it has a couple of times this season) but it should win.

There is a good chance Oregon will have no offensive linemen left two weeks from now when they play UCLA.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Stopping in to :laffo: at the B1G.

Also, 'please come home, Jacoby!'

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Maxwells Demon posted:

Utah lost to Wazzu, UCLA might win ugly (like it has a couple of times this season) but it should win.

There is a good chance Oregon will have no offensive linemen left two weeks from now when they play UCLA.

we sacked that son of a bitch 8 times, maybe ucla will be the straw that literally breaks his back

fffff
Feb 11, 2014
Ch-Chaos... :negative:

Gophers. :unsmith:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Party Plane Jones posted:

I didn't see the Ohio State game but dang

:stare:

Wtf happened?

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Scarf posted:

:stare:

Wtf happened?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0SKm2uoKX4

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
We should have won that loving game.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
^^^ I thought you were going to win by 10??

Hutson Mason is a Bad QB. In the second half I checked the box score and Todd was averaging more per run than Mason was per completion. I know Richt will never do it because UGA is 3-1 and he doesn't want to create controversy but Brice should get some more reps with the first team. He can at least throw the ball 20 yards. UT had 9 in the box the entire fourth and Hutson could do nothing with it.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

A&M's offense unfucked itself and the defense stepped up and kept us in the game. It wasn't pretty but I'll take the win.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

It's officially Hate Week.

gently caress Tennessee and their creamsicle-colored, clogged-artery, toothless fans.

Also, it's been fun beating the poo poo out of you for years--enjoy your first win in a decade.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
Brady Hoke might have known Shane Morris was concussed if he wore a loving headset so he knew what was going on with his own goddamn football team.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Cool Huskers win but still feeling bad about this team. Our offense is good, pretty good. If the O-Line holds up Abdullah can do some poo poo against most defenses and Armstrong has been smart and versatile thus far. I think a lot of teams underestimate his running ability too. Bell and Westerkamp are deep threats as well.

On defense, though, hmmm. LBs are a question, and the secondary is small. Our D is a bend-but-don't break type thing, but against good teams I suspect they break more than not. Thus far they have tended to let offenses move at will but make it up with timely turnovers. I fear the worst versus MSU.

our d isn't the same as it has been the last few years and oregon showed how to exploit that

o might turn things into more of a shootout like last year

i hope

gently caress

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

OSheaman posted:

Brady Hoke might have known Shane Morris was concussed if he wore a loving headset so he knew what was going on with his own goddamn football team.

He doesn't wear a headset during the game? What?

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

LeeMajors posted:

It's officially Hate Week.

gently caress Tennessee and their creamsicle-colored, clogged-artery, toothless fans.

Also, it's been fun beating the poo poo out of you for years--enjoy your first win in a decade.

Look at this chump who has never seen a creamsicle.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe

vikingstrike posted:

He doesn't wear a headset during the game? What?

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2012/10/brady_hoke_talks_about_not_wea.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
When Brandon fails to fire Hoke come Monday for hanging his QB out to dry with a concussion it should give your BOV and President a clear path to dump him which in turn gives you a new coach anyway. It's the perfect time to can both and just write the season off as now you not only have Hoke's apparent circling of the drain as a coach but his abhorrent behavior with the health and well-being of the starting QB as more than enough reason to get rid of him and his failure of a boss for not doing it himself.

Unless your BOV/President don't have a pair in which case you're hosed.

• Locked thread