Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Football?
This poll is closed.
A harsh mistress 26 18.06%
A hate-verse allergic to love 14 9.72%
A flayer of souls 28 19.44%
A wait at the DMV that ends with a surly attendant telling you that you don't have the right documents 76 52.78%
Total: 144 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
Reminder that every stereotype about the people who run Michigan sports is 100% true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Well then. Thanks for the link.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Hoke: I think this team can still win the championship. I really do.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Look at this chump who has never seen a creamsicle.

Looks the same color to me.

every
Apr 24, 2008

COMPUTER SECRETS posted:

That thread title is the truth. The worst part about losing in that fashion was betting on A&M to cover so losing wouldn't feel so awful.

That's why you don't bet the spread in an emotional hedge.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
For the second week in a row I missed college football Saturday because I was traveling for a funeral, and for the second week in a row I was unable to console myself by watching Michigan lose in hilarious fashion. But I can at least take comfort in knowing that it happened, and that MSU beat the crap out of their cupcake opponent. Please give Hoke an extension.

Party Plane Jones posted:

I didn't see the Ohio State game but dang

Context?

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

I think that was a fan that ran onto the field. So the coach hosed him up.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

For the second week in a row I missed college football Saturday because I was traveling for a funeral, and for the second week in a row I was unable to console myself by watching Michigan lose in hilarious fashion. But I can at least take comfort in knowing that it happened, and that MSU beat the crap out of their cupcake opponent. Please give Hoke an extension.

Context?

Some idiot fan ran on the field during the game. Anthony Schlegel(current strength coach,former linebacker)slammed him to the ground, and helped security take him off the field.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

LeeMajors posted:

Looks the same color to me.

Wanna lick that jersey.

Seriously, as a kid orange and blue were on everything, my wardrobe would have looked great in The Swamp. I like Tennessee and Florida's colors a lot :shobon:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

So, is Hoke a dead man walking yet? Would they flush him mid-season?

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
https://vine.co/u/959488597608878080

Steve Addazio is a dude? I dunno.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban
Of the blood, and of the Tide
Charlie Weis status: FIRED.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Peyton Manning after the UGA game.

Pretty much me too, but I'm crying into my rum and coke.

For Tennessee fans this weekend might be the biggest game of the season. Not only is it UF, but this could determine if we finally make it back to a bowl game this year.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

nate fisher posted:

Peyton Manning after the UGA game.

Pretty much me too, but I'm crying into my rum and coke.

For Tennessee fans this weekend might be the biggest game of the season. Not only is it UF, but this could determine if we finally make it back to a bowl game this year.

I will be stunned (STUNNED) if we beat you guys this week.

Our offense is as intimidating as runny dog diarrhea, and our secondary incredibly porous.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
My summary of Akron vs. Pittsburgh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGbqGkS1c2w

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

ACoolT5 posted:

Haha this Texas team is so bad that losing to us is unacceptable at Kansas

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

ACoolT5 posted:

decided schematic advantage

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

ACoolT5 posted:

Now the conference will have to update their commercial :(

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

ACoolT5 posted:

Our long national nightmare is finally over.

BigTeaBag
Dec 9, 2004
The Matrix is about black chicks.

Cup of Hemlock posted:

First conference win in TWO YEARS.

Discounted hats!

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA Walking dead starting so soon! Sony Michel is out for probably 6 weeks with what is probably a fractured shoulder. Sucks, he is the second best rusher on the team. Still loaded in the backfield and I hope he heals well and quickly.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Party Plane Jones posted:

I didn't see the Ohio State game but dang

Ohio State coach Anthony Schlegel body slams a fan who ran on the field.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

ACoolT5 posted:

I bet he'll make more money for being fired than will pass through my hands in my lifetime.

I've never seen a coach make so much money for being so loving terrible in my life.

:ughh:

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

KKKLIP ART posted:

UGA Walking dead starting so soon! Sony Michel is out for probably 6 weeks with what is probably a fractured shoulder. Sucks, he is the second best rusher on the team. Still loaded in the backfield and I hope he heals well and quickly.

There's only three scholarship tailbacks that are healthy right now. Gurley, Chubb, and Douglas. I like our chances.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

KKKLIP ART posted:

It wouldn't be a UGA/UT game without an UGA player getting hurt.

Honestly that sucks.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Greatest day in Ohio University sports. So proud to be an alum, so proud.

Views: lol Michigan get your poo poo together that was awful.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Farking Bastage posted:

There's only three scholarship tailbacks that are healthy right now. Gurley, Chubb, and Douglas. I like our chances.

I think I read somewhere that Marshall was out this week more as a precaution than anything else, so I agree we are in good shape. Looking at Chubb is like looking at Gurley 2.0 when he runs which is a great thing and Douglas can just be a bowling ball when he hits the secondary.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Come back, Hoke. We miss you.

Lansoc
Jan 3, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
FSU alum here.. can you please not rank us #1. So many teams this year are just squeaking by. A good reason to stop preseason ranking and start a third of the way through the season with rankings.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

LeeMajors posted:

I bet he'll make more money for being fired than will pass through my hands in my lifetime.

I've never seen a coach make so much money for being so loving terrible in my life.

:ughh:

he's getting that loving bobby bonilla cash good for him

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Florida didn't lose this weekend and I didn't have to watch Jeff Driskel at QB. Net win for Vyst.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Roasted Donut posted:

he's getting that loving bobby bonilla cash good for him

$5.625m buyout.

:wow:

He is the Vince Lombardi of buyouts.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

COMPUTER SECRETS posted:

That thread title is the truth. The worst part about losing in that fashion was betting on A&M to cover so losing wouldn't feel so awful.

Look on the bright side, Coach Bert is keeping the streak alive. We could conceivably have a 19 game SEC losing streak before 2015 starts!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
My hangover is as bad as our loss to Baylor.

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.
Why did everyone at Michigan collectively say "If he can run a lovely pizza chain, he can run an athletic department! Brandon, you're hired!"

Fussy Dutchman
Jul 29, 2008
ND wins with 5 turnovers. The fact Kelly only turned a light shade of purple once was pretty impressive.

Stanford game next week is going to be tough.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Fussy Dutchman posted:

ND wins with 5 turnovers. The fact Kelly only turned a light shade of purple once was pretty impressive.

Stanford game next week is going to be tough.

You MUST beat Florida State. Don't let us all down.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Crotch Bat posted:

When Brandon fails to fire Hoke come Monday for hanging his QB out to dry with a concussion it should give your BOV and President a clear path to dump him which in turn gives you a new coach anyway. It's the perfect time to can both and just write the season off as now you not only have Hoke's apparent circling of the drain as a coach but his abhorrent behavior with the health and well-being of the starting QB as more than enough reason to get rid of him and his failure of a boss for not doing it himself.

Unless your BOV/President don't have a pair in which case you're hosed.

How often does it happen that the student section is audibly chanting 'Fire <Athletic Director's Name>' during a game?

I've seen that plenty of times with coaches, but I normally don't think I even know the name of any AD unless it's during a coaching search. I feel like something has to happen soon.

Fussy Dutchman
Jul 29, 2008

Zoran posted:

You MUST beat Florida State. Don't let us all down.

Well... I doesn't look as impossible as it seemed before the season started. I'm not going to get my hopes up for anything like that until I see ND beat a good team instead of just a solid team like Syracuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

every
Apr 24, 2008

Other forums talking about playoff chances for a 1-loss Mizzou.

1-loss Mizzou.

• Locked thread