Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Cool trollbait OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
pink floyd is awesome. Know what else is awesome? Google. You can search for all kinds of stuff, it's the best search engine man, bar none. Also, smart phones. You can browse the web, listen to music, and it all fits in your hand. I'm pretty hip though, not sure you plebs can appreciate this stuff.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
As with every other iteration of the pink floyd thread, my opinion has not changed.

Pink Floyd is good. But they are played out as gently caress and old and anyone who cites them as a "favorite band" is boring as poo poo.

return0
Apr 11, 2007
pink floyd is loving terrible

return0
Apr 11, 2007
tbh all music with a guy/guys singing is terrible

return0
Apr 11, 2007
"sing me to sleep roger"

- a pink floyd fan

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

return0 posted:

"sing me to sleep roger"

- a pink floyd fan
lol if you go to sleep listening to roger waters sing you are gonna have bad nightmarez. his voice is scary and his lyrics are disturbing.

return0
Apr 11, 2007

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

lol if you go to sleep listening to roger waters sing you are gonna have bad nightmarez. his voice is scary and his lyrics are disturbing.

can't disagree here op

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
the wall is actually a really egotistical album depicting a horrible human being

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Kyrie eleison posted:

the wall is actually a really egotistical album depicting a horrible human being

Finally! someone understands it!

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Kyrie eleison posted:

The Wall's story is loving stupid. It's like...guy with mommy issues and intimacy issues who is also a rock star just sits on his rear end and watches tv all day isolated from the world. Tries to kill himself then a doctor gives him drugs and he somehow convinces a crowd at the following concert to go out and be fascists or something.

Like, the first disc/album is pretty solid but then it gets retarded after Comfortably Numb.

e: Actually I don't even think he tries to kill himself. He's just lazy or something.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Whilst overseas, an old rocker guy I met had nothing but poo poo to say about them, and I've adopted his opinions ever since.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

return0 posted:

tbh all music with a guy/guys singing is terrible

lmao this is the dumbest poo poo I've ever seen on something awful

barfoid 4
Aug 21, 2014

by XyloJW
oh gently caress the gently caress off troll. david gulmour is a legend.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Kyrie eleison posted:

thats the point tho

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

THS posted:

thats the point tho

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
Sorry I'm pretty sure we've had like 3 threads that definitely confirm that pink floyd in fact owns bones. only retards and the inbred think otherwise.

Hungry Joe
Nov 27, 2006

DDFH

rogers waters rules...the rest not so much

David Gilmore has one of the most consistently amazing guitar tone of all time imo

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
didn't know he made guitars

Backcountry
Jan 16, 2009
I ate a bunch of mushrooms this weekend and can confirm Pink Floyd is good

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
she was thinking about her dad op. she had pink floyd on in the background because its her dads music. do the math op

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

Hungry Joe posted:

David Gilmore has one of the most consistently amazing guitar tone of all time imo
Yah that's true. He just comes across as kind of a tool sometimes. But heck of a guitarist.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

A guy I used to room with loved pink floyd a lot and played it a lot and I smoked a lot of his weed while listening to it.

It's not my favorite, but I will unironically belt it out at top volume in my car if it comes on just for old times sake.

Zen Punk
Dec 26, 2005

interfaced
i know that the band apparently spurned it but I think Atom Heart Mother is underrated.

other than that I guess Meddle is my fave

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Yah that's true. He just comes across as kind of a tool sometimes. But heck of a guitarist.

tell us more about your interactions with David Gilmour. :allears:

Yes, clearly the level of hatred for the album is shown in the sales of it.
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Sep 29, 2014

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
pink floyd should have made EPs because their albums all suck especially the wall. you could edit things like atom heart mother down to a decent enough EP

about the only proper album they did that was ok was dark side of the moon. animals and wish you were here are too long and drawn out and lovely. then they hosed it up completely with that rock opera bullshit

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
i think roger waters said in an interview that he thought the first disc of ummagumma was alright except the sound quality is poo poo and im inclined to agree. they should have just released that on its own and called it quits

i was disappointed by live at pompeii because it's like the ummagumma live disc but not as good performances

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
echoes is good but the whole rest of meddle is a waste of time

Jaur
Jun 5, 2005

uguu~

Fog Tripper posted:

tell us more about your interactions with David Gilmour. :allears:

Yes, clearly the level of hatred for the album is shown in the sales of it.
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

the more people buy a thing, the better it is. thats why big macs are the best food

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Abandon posted:

echoes is good but the whole rest of meddle is a waste of time

fearless is great f u

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I like Pink Floyd

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Maybe but anyone would look like a saint compared to Waters. I read the Mason book chronicling the band, and it discussed the time when they finally dumped Barrett. Waters drove the charge to getting rid of him, and I think they just left him in a hotel room and went to a show without him and that was that. Gilmour helped Barrett out with his solo albums. Waters just cried like a big baby bitch when he showed up during the WYWH sessions.

Zen Punk posted:

i know that the band apparently spurned it but I think Atom Heart Mother is underrated.

Yes

Zen Punk
Dec 26, 2005

interfaced

THS posted:

fearless is great f u

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Syd Barrett was the heart and soul of that band and after he left they became pretty dull. Except for Careful With That Axe Eugene.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I haven't hosed in a while, there probably a fair amount I'd listen to for some sweet poosay

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
i was gonna come in here and agree with everyone saying pink floyd is boring dad rock but then i remembered pink floyd actually owns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFAsAVj7bKc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIc2EgS9MNg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lgOo8yEIPs

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

pink floyd is good dad music, for a dad to listen to, imo

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

The Wall is/was terrible and I just don't understand the continuing obsession with it among younger/new listeners considering the other options available in the PF catalog. Must be the readily available graphic tees and blacklight posters available from kooky stores at the mall that sell sexy birthday cards and lava lamps.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

I Might Be Adam posted:

The Wall is/was terrible and I just don't understand the continuing obsession with it among younger/new listeners considering the other options available in the PF catalog. Must be the readily available graphic tees and blacklight posters available from kooky stores at the mall that sell sexy birthday cards and lava lamps.

Two words: teen angst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
man those guys were so high I bet. Just like today's modern rap, you really gotta get some weed if you want to listen to it enjoyably.

• Locked thread