Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Am I mistaken or do you not get any points (outside of bonus points) in Stache for any of the characters at level ups?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Mraagvpeine posted:

Am I mistaken or do you not get any points (outside of bonus points) in Stache for any of the characters at level ups?

No, you're right, Stache is the one stat in the entire series that never increases outside of the bonus roulette. I'd choose Stache more often, but picking a stat often reduces the highest bonus you can get for it.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

That may be, but the stat is so far behind the other ones that you'd have to live with even just one point each time just so it can catch up.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Stache isn't really that vital a stat though, it only influences lucky hits and shop discounts, both of which aren't extremely important. Attack and Speed, I find, are the most important stats in this game and HP and Defense are the ones I could really care less about.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ChaosArgate posted:

Stache isn't really that vital a stat though, it only influences lucky hits and shop discounts, both of which aren't extremely important. Attack and Speed, I find, are the most important stats in this game and HP and Defense are the ones I could really care less about.

It also doesn't need to be as high as the other stats.
I've never seen a stache stat over 100 in any M&L game but passing 70 opens the doors to never ending luckies.

[e] I think i've found it: People are saying 4 stache is equal to +1% lucky chance.
So getting up to 100 means a 25% lucky rate.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jan 28, 2015

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Just a quick heads up, I don't have an episode ready for today because it's kinda difficult to coordinate schedules when our work schedules coincide with the other's free time. I'll try to have something ready in a few days, tops.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Does this mean more dancing?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Mraagvpeine posted:

Time to fire up the ole N64 Emulator for some Mario Party action!

I'm the reason there's no episode this week :(

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

I've been kinda busy and I lost the save file so dancing won't be a thing until tomorrow at the earliest, sorry. :(

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I spent hours grinding beans in this drat volcano.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
So, this level looks like the most hated level so far.

Annoying enemies surrounding a grind spot. Can't be all that fun to remember.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Atomikus
Jun 4, 2010

Muncie? Muncie! MUNCIE!
All your update banners appear to be 1x1 pixel gifs for me.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Atomikus posted:

All your update banners appear to be 1x1 pixel gifs for me.

Really? That's weird, I can see them just fine across two different browsers and Awful.app. How are you accessing the forums, if you don't mind my asking? In the meantime, here's the link to the playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9oVI8FHeoRsYtZy_ppfi2oPN4mlZRkjt

Atomikus
Jun 4, 2010

Muncie? Muncie! MUNCIE!

ChaosArgate posted:

Really? That's weird, I can see them just fine across two different browsers and Awful.app. How are you accessing the forums, if you don't mind my asking? In the meantime, here's the link to the playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9oVI8FHeoRsYtZy_ppfi2oPN4mlZRkjt

I've tried using both firefox and chrome, but I'm getting tiny dots on both.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
They all look fine to me. Atomikus, have you tried a forced refresh of them?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Also seeing them fine in chrome. The issue looks local to you and independent of your browser.

Atomikus
Jun 4, 2010

Muncie? Muncie! MUNCIE!

ZeeToo posted:

They all look fine to me. Atomikus, have you tried a forced refresh of them?

Yep. Even tried looking at them from the source. The weirdest thing is that firefox is calling the png-image a gif. Guess I'll just have to look out for empty posts in the future.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I'll include a link to the video underneath the banner from now on then, that's really weird though!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I forgot to record Mario and Luigi last week because Majora's Mask 3D came out and I was playing that. Instead, here's some dancing.

http://youtu.be/ZKvw6C_wH74

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I know they had to stick to public domain music but Pomp and Circumstance isn't exactly what springs to mind when I think of submarines.

Makes me wish they could have Co-Opted some of the better songs from DDR, a mario Remix of A would have been amazing.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Kurieg posted:

Pomp and Circumstance

I KNEW I heard that song from somewhere. It was bugging for a while and I kept forgetting to ask the thread.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Believe me, some of the non-Mario song choices are really :psyduck:.

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.

ChaosArgate posted:

Believe me, some of the non-Mario song choices are really :psyduck:.

I still can't for the life of me understand how one song is somehow based on the Tritch Tratch Polka.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Melaneus posted:

I still can't for the life of me understand how one song is somehow based on the Tritch Tratch Polka.

It has the same general note progression in the first few bars but that's basically it.

and are they pronouncing "Sunshine" with 3 syllables?

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.

Kurieg posted:

It has the same general note progression in the first few bars but that's basically it.

and are they pronouncing "Sunshine" with 3 syllables?

I think they just mash together "the sunshine days".

quote:

"You come anyway / Oh the way you ride"
Oh come on that can not be the actual lyrics, this is a kid's game!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Melaneus posted:

I think they just mash together "the sunshine days".

Oh come on that can not be the actual lyrics, this is a kid's game!

:psyduck:

This is the song I was talking about, I didn't know it got even more :psyduck:. TWEWY could get away with lyrics like that because it's a T rated game I guess but DDR Mario? :psyduck:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Luigi is dancin' crazy.

I do love the interaction between Bowser and Kid Bowser. He's great at chewing scenery.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Sorry I'm late, I was busy last Sunday and we couldn't find time to commentate over this til Monday!

http://youtu.be/yo80ywq9eXs

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I gotta say, it was pretty clever of Princess Shroob to send herself to the future in disguise as she'd have easily destroyed the Bros and took over the world if Bowser hadn't arrived and messed it all up, like he does, :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gotta say that I'm surprised how much you like the ice flowers. I generally only used those on bosses since it seems like everything falls off damage wise the further on in the game you get.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Gotta say that I'm surprised how much you like the ice flowers. I generally only used those on bosses since it seems like everything falls off damage wise the further on in the game you get.

I don't really like them that much, I'm just experimenting to see if anything's weak to ice. Then again though, Bowser's weak to them and trying to kill him with Ice Flowers is an exercise in tedium and futility.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

When I played this game I don't think I ever used the Ice flower against regular enemies. With bosses though they are pretty much a necessity later on with how much drat HP everything gets after a while. The defense debuff goes a long way in reducing the time it takes to chip them down to 0

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

I don't really like them that much, I'm just experimenting to see if anything's weak to ice. Then again though, Bowser's weak to them and trying to kill him with Ice Flowers is an exercise in tedium and futility.

Yeah, to wit, I didn't really think about experimenting in this game that much. You remember those sarcophagus enemies? I didn't know you could break them out and fight the snifits regularly if you used a fire flower. So, I learned something at least!

Augus posted:

When I played this game I don't think I ever used the Ice flower against regular enemies. With bosses though they are pretty much a necessity later on with how much drat HP everything gets after a while. The defense debuff goes a long way in reducing the time it takes to chip them down to 0

Basically did the same. I remember drowning in money so I don't think I did a lot of jumping or hammering either.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

http://youtu.be/T8qknZ04IeA

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

you can easily hit the damage cap with the Mix Flower.
But if ever a TAS was to be made they'd probably go with the inifinte hit bros items, least downtime and waiting for the enemy to do poo poo. And they exceed the damage cap since they arent a single hit.

And gently caress LOVE BUBBLES.
gently caress THEM
gently caress THEM gently caress THEM gently caress THEM.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 15, 2015

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

How many of those beans do you have?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

How many of those beans do you have?

As of right now? 17. If I really wanted to, I could go back to Thwomp Volcano to grind more, but I've got one Ulti-Free badge, I'm content with bean treasures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I don't have a thumbnail so I'll add it in retroactively.

DDR: Mario Mix - 03 "DDR: Wario Mix"

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Mar 29, 2015

• Locked thread