Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

big rock candy mountain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
"elf world"

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Onion Sportsdome

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Benito Hitlerstalin posted:

republican way-back-then fantasy america

:freep:

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
the united kingdom

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
well of course it has to be some place like star wars or hitchhikers guide cause who the gently caress wants to live somewhere boring. whatever zany world the grand budapest hotel exists in would be better than reality too

any film that is better than real life which is basically anything except maybe not the human centipede one unless youre into that

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009

Quote-Unquote posted:

idk probably twin peaks?

Only if I was allowed to punch James in the face whenever I wanted without repercussion and maybe have sex with Audrey or Shelley.

downside,

you awaken to james singing that obnoxious song every morning. imagine it.

Banks had it right, The Culture is where it's at.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
animal planet

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Benito Hitlerstalin posted:

republican way-back-then fantasy america

:freep:

1950s or founding father times?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

The correct answer is Culture because even if you want to like, live in ye oldey times and slay a dragon just say so and some spaceship will change around it's insides to be full of castles and dragons just because it's bored and if you want they can be period accurate and full of poo poo and disease or not, your choice, plus whether death is fatal or not, also up to you.

This exactly. If you're at all familiar with The Culture you know that any other fictional world you could live in can't possibly compare.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Parallax Scroll posted:

The one where Reagan is a time travelling founding father

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
gensokyo

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Ops mom's pussy cavern
How rude

Hail Satan, as always. I guess Heaven?

pop fly to McGillicutty fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Sep 28, 2014

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
The correct answer is I Love Lucy.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I would choose to live in a small upland village in central Catalonia c. 980 A.D, to see how my thesis on land purchase/donation patterns and customary institutions hold up :black101::hf::eng101:

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Place : Detroit
Date : 4031 A.D.

Moola posted:

one would you live in?

Probably star wars for me

but also living in the world of the last airbender would be pretty cool

I think about this a lot...

yours hun

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Parallax Scroll posted:

1940s-1950s, best time America time [to be white man]

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Place : Detroit
Date : 4031 A.D.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRLl2yVrJzE

time to suit up in a land you never will ever know.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere
Harry Potter land.

I just want to work a quiet desk job at the Ministry of Magic, and cuck Ron Weasley.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

The correct answer is Culture because even if you want to like, live in ye oldey times and slay a dragon just say so and some spaceship will change around it's insides to be full of castles and dragons just because it's bored and if you want they can be period accurate and full of poo poo and disease or not, your choice, plus whether death is fatal or not, also up to you.

it's this

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Dragonball Z world

I'd be a SUPER SAIYAN and go on cosmic adventures

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
Scandinavia

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
glorius nippon

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
Springfield from Simpsons seasons 1-8.

Pseudepigrapha
Apr 18, 2009
The American Dream.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

a kitten posted:

it's this

I like how only 3 goons so far, including me, have recognized this while the rest try (badly) to be funny or answer with inferior ideas. If you're truly familiar with the Culture you know there is no other option.

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

My Imaginary GF posted:

1940s-1950s, best time America time [to be white man]

If you're going to choose this you're better going with the Fallout universe during the 21st century. The culture is the same except there are plasma guns, power armour, atomic cars, and you get to annex Canada. Sure you get killed by China in 2077 but most of the century is still fun.

immolationsex
Sep 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I ENJOY RUINING STEAK LIKE A GODDAMN BARBARIAN

mind the walrus posted:

I like how only 3 goons so far, including me, have recognized this while the rest try (badly) to be funny or answer with inferior ideas. If you're truly familiar with the Culture you know there is no other option.
:goonsay:

Serious answer for the cultured goon, Ghost World

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Wall Balls posted:

big rock candy mountain
:hf:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

boom boom boom posted:

i've never read any of the Culture novels and this already sounds like the best place

wit
Jul 26, 2011
Digimon world, clearly. Unlike the rest of your wacky answers, it IS possible to go to the digimon world because of string theory.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Any place I can gently caress fictional dream women.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

IronClaymore posted:

If you're going to choose this you're better going with the Fallout universe during the 21st century. The culture is the same except there are plasma guns, power armour, atomic cars, and you get to annex Canada. Sure you get killed by China in 2077 but most of the century is still fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwvT367LP1M, and for the record I like the first two games better. Also the prewar fallout universe kind of sucked towards the end

skeletonotherkin fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Sep 29, 2014

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Neurosis posted:

one of those post-singularity sci fi societies where everyone lives forever

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

mind the walrus posted:

This exactly. If you're at all familiar with The Culture you know that any other fictional world you could live in can't possibly compare.

mostly true but there are some post-Singularity settings almost as cool

john c wright's golden age setting was super idea dense and the population seems really devoted to creating pleasing art and philosophy so that would probably be a pretty cool place to live

Nog
May 15, 2006

equestria

that is where my spirit is truly from anyway

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
so in that dumb culture world, wouldnt you have to put up with other peoples ultimate fantasy poo poo too?

like wouldnt there be loads of furries running around and poo poo

not cool

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Firefly or pokemon.

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!

Moola posted:

so in that dumb culture world, wouldnt you have to put up with other peoples ultimate fantasy poo poo too?

like wouldnt there be loads of furries running around and poo poo

not cool

they can be the bears you kill for the collect 30 bear asses quests in your rpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

Shuffle posted: