Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Anyone have any idea if the MTGO prerelease events bought in with Phantom Points means we get to keep the Khans cards we draft or get from sealed events?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
I recently brewed the following:

Da Rock:

4x Rakshasa Deathdealer
4x Sylvan Caryatid

3x Boon Satyr
3x Nighthowler
3x Herald of Torment
4x Courser of Kruphix

4x Reaper of the Wilds
3x polukranos, World Eater

// 28 Total

Spells:

2x Bile Blight
3x Hero's Downfall
1x Whip of Erebos
2x Murderous Cut
1x Garruk, Apex Predator

// 9 Total

Land:

4x Temple of Malady
4x Llanowar Wastes
2x Mana Confluence
1x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1x Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
5x Swamp
6x Forest

// 23 Total

60 cards

Sideboard:

4x Despise
3x Thoughtseize
3x Drown in Sorrow
1x Bile Blight
1x Hero's Downfall
1x Murderous Cut
1x Polukranos, World Eater
1x Garruk, Apex Predator

// 15 Total

For a Nice Green/Black midrange shell. I went 3-1 at FNM. But I have been thinking of making the following changes to spice it up. (I am also open to suggestions) I built the deck and Sideboard in about 20 minutes so I would love feedback and suggestions.

Here are the changes I am considering.

Main Deck: -3 Nighthowler, -3 Boon Satyr, +3-4 Heir of the Wilds, +1 Hero's Downfall, +1 Bile Blight, +1 Lilianna Vess.

Sideboard: -1 Bile Blight, -1 Hero's Downfall, -1 Despise, -1 Polukranos, +3 Naturalize or Back to Nature.

Also: Should I go to 24 land from 23? Should I cut the Nykthos for a basic? (Sometimes I think it's too cute) I had one game where I Was stuck on 2 land and never saw either a third land or a caryatid. It was a definite feel bad.

I think Heir of the wilds could be interesting, he's a great blocker, and he will usually be ferocious with almost any of my other creatures. Herald of Torment is awesome (Should I go to 4?) Reaper is great. I think 3 Polukranos is the right number with 4 Reaper because legendary. Garruk is a house.
A cute play against other green decks running Caryatids: When they have 2-3 caryatids out, drop one of your own and immediately bile blight it. :getin:

Anyways, any thoughts or changes you would make to the deck to make it better? I'm liking 2 colour over abzan right now because I think the deck has enough great cards in just green and black.

I also had a game where I went (post sideboard of course)

T1 Despise
T2 Caryatid
T3 Reaper
T4 Reaper
T5 Polukranos
T6 Bestow Herald on Reaper

My opponent had nothing to retaliate with, felt good man

Edit: I really like Nissa's for the deck, but I refuse to pay $45/each for a card that won't see modern or legacy play.

Mezzanon fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Sep 30, 2014

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
This is what I'm toying with for game day.

Abzan hurts

7 Forest
3 Mana Confluence
4 Sandsteppe Citadel
3 Temple of Malady
3 Temple of Plenty
4 Temple of Silence
3 Elvish Mystic
4 Thoughtseize
4 Sylvan Caryatid
2 Athreos, God of Passage
4 Chord of Calling
4 Courser of Kruphix
1 Erebos, God of the Dead
1 Polukranos, World Eater
3 Siege Rhino
2 Utter End
2 Ajani, Mentor of Heroes
3 End Hostilities
2 Nissa, Worldwaker
2 Garruk, Apex Predator
Sideboard:

I've got it to 61 cards, but am not sure what to cut. I'm considering cutting the Nissas and adding in whips, because I like the idea of board wiping after siege rhinos drop, then making the opponent choose to pay the life to toss them in the graveyard only to whip it back for another trigger.

I also wonder if I should cut the chords for more creatures.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Having sweepers and something that's animating your lands in the same deck seems awkward.

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

YeehawMcKickass posted:

I'm not sure I like Saito's list all that much. The K-Dictate helps your opponent just as much as you, the fetches are subpar fixing, and it's kinda durdly.

In your list, I'd probably ditch the one of Ob to get to 60. How has Embodiment of Spring been?

I think K-Dictate only really helps your opponent more if they're land screwed or have their own X to cast spell. Embodiment had been pretty swell vs Aggro decks. Stops Monastery Swiftspear! Of course, my girlfriend was playing Abzan and the smallest creature she has is Fleecemane lion, so not as much help there.

I really, really like Villainous Wealth. It generally ends the game at 6+ casts, unless you whiff. And I did twice last night in the same game. I did it for 9 and hit 6 lands. Then I lasted long enough to have my K-Dictate removed and cast it again for 7, hit a bunch more lands, instants and a Sorin. Those were some feel bad pulls. :smith:

I made a Temur deck and was testing it.

Deck: Temur

//Lands
5 Forest
2 Island
2 Mountain
4 Temple of Abandon
3 Temple of Mystery
4 Wooded Foothills
3 Yavimaya Coast

//Spells
4 Stubborn Denial
4 Temur Ascendancy

//Creatures
3 Boon Satyr
4 Elvish Mystic
3 Polukranos, World Eater
4 Rattleclaw Mystic
3 Sagu Mauler
4 Savage Knuckleblade
4 Sylvan Caryatid
3 Stormbreath Dragon
1 Surrak Dragonclaw

Display deck statistics

When Temur Ascendency is played, the deck works gloriously. Every dude drawing me a card is amazing. Let alone having two Ascendency out and getting two cards.

Savage Knuckleblade is a beast. :staredog:

I might drop a Sagu for another Stormbreath and a Rattleclaw for another Surrak.

Any suggestions?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
That Saito deck doesn't care about Dictate helping your opponent because it helps you way more. It has 4 In Garruk's Wake in it for that very reason.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Anyone trying RW control?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

mcmagic posted:

What's the wincon? Elspeth?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

mcmagic posted:

Like the one that placed in New Jersey?

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

mcmagic posted:

Yes. There's a RW Control list that did well at one of the events over the weekend. Sarkhan and Elspeth kill fast enough and being able to play chain of the rocks in this format is really good even if people bring in enchantment hate. You have a 5 mana and 7 mana sweeper to take over the late game. Main issue is lack of card draw which could be something to splash blue for dig or cruise.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Korak posted:

Yes. There's a RW Control list that did well at one of the events over the weekend. Sarkhan and Elspeth kill fast enough and being able to play chain of the rocks in this format is really good even if people bring in enchantment hate. You have a 5 mana and 7 mana sweeper to take over the late game. Main issue is lack of card draw which could be something to splash blue for dig or cruise.

It would probably be easier to just use chandra instead of splashing a third color. The deck did well because it's didn't have a restrictive manabase like the three color control decks that also showed up that weekend. Being able to cast cards consistently is a big deal right now.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Elephant Ambush posted:

What's the wincon? Elspeth?

I'm thinking of:

2 Elspeth
4 Rabblemaster
3 Stormbreath
3 Sarkhan

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Fingers McLongDong posted:

It would probably be easier to just use chandra instead of splashing a third color. The deck did well because it's didn't have a restrictive manabase like the three color control decks that also showed up that weekend. Being able to cast cards consistently is a big deal right now.

As someone that doesn't know what he's talking about, would switching three non-mountain lands for two Flooded Strands and an island to accommodate a cruise be too disruptive? Or is it not worth it for a single copy?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Rinkles posted:

As someone that doesn't know what he's talking about, would switching three non-mountain lands for two Flooded Strands and an island to accommodate a cruise be too disruptive? Or is it not worth it for a single copy?

A few Shivan Reefs would do you WAY better as long as they don't end up being your only Red source early on.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Rinkles posted:

If your objective is to gain card advantage, adding a card that's completely dead if you don't also draw one of three very specific lands (and let's hope you didn't already use that flooded strand to find a plains!) doesn't seem like a winning plan.

And that's before taking into account the rest of its impact on your mana consistency and life total.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Jabor posted:

If your objective is to gain card advantage, adding a card that's completely dead if you don't also draw one of three very specific lands (and let's hope you didn't already use that flooded strand to find a plains!) doesn't seem like a winning plan.

And that's before taking into account the rest of its impact on your mana consistency and life total.

So what you're saying is to add more Treasure Cruises?

(just kidding, I get it)

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica

YeehawMcKickass posted:

I'm not sure I like Saito's list all that much. The K-Dictate helps your opponent just as much as you, the fetches are subpar fixing, and it's kinda durdly.

In your list, I'd probably ditch the one of Ob to get to 60. How has Embodiment of Spring been?

I haven't done much testing with this list yet - I'm actually trying to think if there's a way to get some Treasure Cruise in there. Based off my tests with the previous builds, Embodiment is going to be a welcome addition to the deck. With Chord it'll function the same as a regular mana dork if needed and it'll be a great turn 1/2 blocker. I am a bit concerned about running out of life against aggro, but with an effective 7 Courser's there should be enough life-gain to bring it back from the brink.

Against the aggro decks I tested against previously, I was usually okay chumping one or two of their big guys until I got to the 3-4 mana range. You can let a bit through, Chord for Hornet's Nest and usually have enough blockers to wipe their board unless they do it first. It plays much more like a control deck than a ramp deck, the previous iteration played Genesis Hydra as meat on the board but I don't think this is going to reliably get enough mana to cast a big one as early as the old build, so I added the Boon Satyrs instead. If you cut Ob, remember that Chord will help you get around mana requirements that might otherwise be something you'd need to splash off of Caryatid. In my previous Chord Board, I had Hushwing Gryf, Ruric Thar, two Phyrexian Revokers, a second Nest and a couple Reclamation Sages.

I honestly think this may lose the tempo war against decks like Mardu and Jeskai aggro. You can build a board presence and do some crazy things, but it might not have the tools to deal with decks that go wide and fast. The Clever Impersonator may help, especially if they're playing big threats that you need to match, but you should definitely test.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
I made some changes to the build I was working with last night, but I haven't slotted in Embodiment yet.

Deck: Villiainous Devotion

//Lands
10 Forest
4 Island
3 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
2 Swamp
2 Temple of Malady
2 Temple of Mystery
1 Yavimaya Coast

//Spells
3 Kiora, the Crashing Wave
2 Treasure Cruise
2 Villainous Wealth
2 Bident of Thassa

//Creatures
4 Courser of Kruphix
4 Elvish Mystic
3 Prognostic Sphinx
2 Kruphix, God of Horizons
3 Nylea, God of the Hunt
3 Polukranos, World Eater
4 Prophet of Kruphix
4 Sylvan Caryatid

Display deck statistics

The biggest change was pulling the Sagu Maulers and the one of creatures for Prognostic Sphinx and Bidents (as fillers). Honestly, I'm probably just screwing this up and should pull the Kruphix and Bidents to give K-Dictate a shot. I also need to try slotting Embodiment in somewhere.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

So I started thinking "wouldn't it be cool if I could play Ride Down and Become Immense in the sligh deck" and came up with this:

4 Akroan Crusader
4 Satyr Hoplite
4 Monastery Swiftspear
4 Favored Hoplite
4 Soldier of the Pantheon (may go back to Firedrinkers here or over the hoplites if the mana is too hard)

4 Titan's Strength
4 Coordinated Assault
4 Hammerhands
2 Become Immense
2 Warrior's Lesson
2 Ride Down
1 Gods Willing
4 Lightning Strike

4 Mana Confluence
4 Battlefield Forge
4 Wooded Foothills
1 Windswept Heath
2 Mountain
1 Forest
1 Plains

I haven't tested this and the mana is probably complete loving garbage but I just want to live the Become Immense dream ok

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
I was all set to trade away Kiora for Sarkhan, and that is so drat tempting. I don't have Polukranos for it, mind, but a bodge job can do. Going to test this out a bit before committing though.

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

Emerson Cod posted:

I haven't done much testing with this list yet - I'm actually trying to think if there's a way to get some Treasure Cruise in there. Based off my tests with the previous builds, Embodiment is going to be a welcome addition to the deck. With Chord it'll function the same as a regular mana dork if needed and it'll be a great turn 1/2 blocker. I am a bit concerned about running out of life against aggro, but with an effective 7 Courser's there should be enough life-gain to bring it back from the brink.

Against the aggro decks I tested against previously, I was usually okay chumping one or two of their big guys until I got to the 3-4 mana range. You can let a bit through, Chord for Hornet's Nest and usually have enough blockers to wipe their board unless they do it first. It plays much more like a control deck than a ramp deck, the previous iteration played Genesis Hydra as meat on the board but I don't think this is going to reliably get enough mana to cast a big one as early as the old build, so I added the Boon Satyrs instead. If you cut Ob, remember that Chord will help you get around mana requirements that might otherwise be something you'd need to splash off of Caryatid. In my previous Chord Board, I had Hushwing Gryf, Ruric Thar, two Phyrexian Revokers, a second Nest and a couple Reclamation Sages.

I honestly think this may lose the tempo war against decks like Mardu and Jeskai aggro. You can build a board presence and do some crazy things, but it might not have the tools to deal with decks that go wide and fast. The Clever Impersonator may help, especially if they're playing big threats that you need to match, but you should definitely test.

I slotted in 2 Treasure Cruise in place of 2 Read the Bones to see how I liked it. I couldn't reliably cast it for delve value unless it went into a super long game. Fetches, Embodiments and Dorks in the grave. Dictate did make it more manageable, since its 4 lands tapped for 3 cards, pre-delve.

I'd prefer Dig Through Time honestly, especially if Dictate stays in.

Kiora was almost always a -1 to help draw and ramp more land.

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way
My desire to top 8 Gameday has overwhelmed the rational parts of my brain that says it's dumb to put a deck together for one tournament. That squid tribal deck I posted in the previous thread was the hottest garbage, so this feels slightly more competitive:

The goal is to top 8 an 8-16 person Game Day that would be about 30% well piloted GP top 8 caliber decks, 20% well piloted fringe decks 25% middling players with good decks, and 25% Squid Squad level decks.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

BXCX posted:

My desire to top 8 Gameday has overwhelmed the rational parts of my brain that says it's dumb to put a deck together for one tournament. That squid tribal deck I posted in the previous thread was the hottest garbage, so this feels slightly more competitive:

The goal is to top 8 an 8-16 person Game Day that would be about 30% well piloted GP top 8 caliber decks, 20% well piloted fringe decks 25% middling players with good decks, and 25% Squid Squad level decks.

Spring Leaf Drum for more mana accelaration. I will tell you, though. I tested a deck just like this, and it isn't that good (as much as I would love it to be). It folds to any aggro strategy since its only decent defense is an early Ornithoptor + Ghostfire Blade or Darksteel Citadel + Ensoul Artifact. And it doesn't get any early Scoots out against any sort of tempo/control strategy.

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way

AlternateNu posted:

Spring Leaf Drum for more mana accelaration. I will tell you, though. I tested a deck just like this, and it isn't that good (as much as I would love it to be). It folds to any aggro strategy since its only decent defense is an early Ornithoptor + Ghostfire Blade or Darksteel Citadel + Ensoul Artifact. And it doesn't get any early Scoots out against any sort of tempo/control strategy.

What would you slot the Drums in over? I know the deck isn't that great, I'm looking for something that can 2-2 since I'd rather wait and see how the meta shakes out before I start investing in a T1/1.5 deck to run through the rest of Theros block in standard. I have whatever's left of monogreen devotion pre-M15 but I missed out on opening any Nissas in draft and don't have any available to borrow, otherwise I'd probably head in that direction.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I built the deck that got 3rd place in SCG Open in New Jersey.

The only cards missing is a set of 4 Wooden Foothills. While I plan to get my hands on a set, I am currently using a replacement of 1 Forest, 1 Mountain, and 2 Rugged Highlands. The question I'm wondering is should I keep the two Rugged Highlands or replace them with basic lands? Downside is I lose two dual lands, but the upside is I have 2 additional lands on me ready when they enter the battlefield.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Waffleopolis posted:

I built the deck that got 3rd place in SCG Open in New Jersey.

The only cards missing is a set of 4 Wooden Foothills. While I plan to get my hands on a set, I am currently using a replacement of 1 Forest, 1 Mountain, and 2 Rugged Highlands. The question I'm wondering is should I keep the two Rugged Highlands or replace them with basic lands? Downside is I lose two dual lands, but the upside is I have 2 additional lands on me ready when they enter the battlefield.
Right now the deck has 13 untapped green sources, which is actually one shy of what I'd recommend for turn 1 green to hit Mystic. If you do anything but replace the 4 Foothills with 4 Forests, you basically run an above average risk of not having an untapped green source to play Mystic on turn 1.

Of course that leaves you with only 10 total red sources, which is also quite bad if you don't draw a Carytid. Could you get up to two Mana Confluence in there? I guess it doesn't help telling you to replace a $15 land with a $15 land.

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

YeehawMcKickass posted:

I made some changes to the build I was working with last night, but I haven't slotted in Embodiment yet.

Deck: Villiainous Devotion

Display deck statistics

The biggest change was pulling the Sagu Maulers and the one of creatures for Prognostic Sphinx and Bidents (as fillers). Honestly, I'm probably just screwing this up and should pull the Kruphix and Bidents to give K-Dictate a shot. I also need to try slotting Embodiment in somewhere.

Is Embodiment what you want? It's going to take both of your most important turns to accelerate by one when you already have eight cards that do the same job, at much less effort. If your hand does not have one of your five turn 1 blue sources and an Embodiment, you're gonna be pretty sad.

I think I might cut one Nylea and one Prophet for a few removal spells or Kiora's Follower for some Nykthos shenanigans.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
Yeah, I'm not feeling embodiment just from opening hand simulations.

Polymorphists jest may be fun.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I saw this desklist on MTG Salvation and it seemed interesting. They're calling it Death and Taxes for some reason, though I don't really see how it relates to that deck. Anyway, the deck plays a bunch of cheap enchantment creatures, some of which trigger off of each other to drain out your opponent, along with other enchantment removal; finishers are Butcher of the Horde or just grinding out your opponent with life-loss triggers.

While I'm collecting the cards for Mardu Control/Midrange, thinking of trying this for a few weeks just to see how it plays.

Deck: BWr Enchantments

//Lands
2 Battlefield Forge
4 Bloodstained Mire
1 Caves of Koilos
2 Mana Confluence
3 Mountain
2 Nomad Outpost
3 Plains
3 Swamp
4 Temple of Silence

//Spells
3 Banishing Light
2 Hero's Downfall
2 Mardu Ascendancy
2 Mardu Charm
4 Thoughtseize

//Creatures
3 Athreos, God of Passage
4 Brain Maggot
2 Butcher of the Horde
3 Fate Unraveler
4 Grim Guardian
4 Nyx-Fleece Ram
3 Underworld Coinsmith

//Sideboard
1 Banishing Light
1 Hero's Downfall
2 Crackling Doom
1 Erebos, God of the Dead
2 Extinguish All Hope
3 Stain the Mind
3 Erase
2 End Hostilities

Display deck statistics

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend
Sideboard chat!

I'm running this W/B/G setup:

4x Thoughtseize
4x Hero’s Downfall
4x Abzan Charm 1
2x Utter End
1x Duneblast

4x Courser of Kruphix
4x Sylvan Carytid
4x Siege Rhino X
4x Reaper of the Wilds XXX

3x Elspeth, Sun’s Champion X
2x Sorin, Solemn Visitor XX

2x Caves of Koilos
2x Llanowar Wastes
4x Temple of Malady
2x Temple of Plenty XX
4x Temple of Silence
4x Windswept Heath
1x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1x Swamp
2x Plains
2x Forest

... and now need to think about SB options.

I am looking at:

3 Erase
3 Despise
1 Utter End
2 Whip of Erebos

Erase are for various enchantment issues, but I could use Back to Nature if I don't need the exile clause. I'm considering End Hostilities as well, but what other cards do you think will be solid choices, going into a blind meta?

Obsoletely Fabulous
May 6, 2008

Who are you, and why should I care?
I'm hoping to try a Blue/White combo deck for FNM and get to live all the dreams. The goal is to either mill them with the Midnight Guard/Retraction Helix/Orinthopter/Altar of the Brood combo, or beat down with Ensoul Artifact and Darksteel Citadel or Orinthopter. I know it might not obtainable but I want to try it for a week or two.

Deck: Blue White Combo

//Lands
4 Darksteel Citadel
5 Island
4 Plains
4 Temple of Enlightenment
4 Tranquil Cove
3 Flooded Strand

//Spells
4 Altar of the Brood
4 Ensoul Artifact
4 Retraction Helix
2 Elspeth, Sun's Champion
1 Banishing Light
2 Dig Through Time

//Creatures
4 Illusory Angel
4 Midnight Guard
4 Ornithopter
4 Nyx-Fleece Ram
3 Sigiled Starfish

//Sideboard
2 Brimaz, King of Oreskos
1 Wingmate Roc
1 Banishing Light
2 Disdainful Stroke
2 Stubborn Denial
3 Stymied Hopes
4 Erase

Display deck statistics

Any glaring issues? The sideboard is just kind of thrown together.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Elspeth and Wingmate Roc seem audacious for the strategy you're going for, and don't really line up with a 24-land deck. If you cut them, you could go down to 22 lands and just plan on getting to 3 land by turn 3. Is there a particular reason you have them in there? Just for a tiny bit of reach if you haven't won by turn 5-6?

Obsoletely Fabulous
May 6, 2008

Boco_T posted:

Elspeth and Wingmate Roc seem audacious for the strategy you're going for, and don't really line up with a 24-land deck. If you cut them, you could go down to 22 lands and just plan on getting to 3 land by turn 3. Is there a particular reason you have them in there? Just for a tiny bit of reach if you haven't won by turn 5-6?

Pretty much a back up plan and I wasn't sure what else to put in there. I'm open for suggestions on replacements. Maybe more card draw to try to find the pieces?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Pull the Elspeth's and skim down to 22 lands and stick another Banishing Light and some counters in there. Swan Song maybe? Your Angels can eat the Bird Token(s) and Ornithopter can chump if it comes to that but hopefully you'd just be holding the counter to fight over Retraction Helix.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Probably should run some negates. There's a million kill spells in standard right now and you'll never get a combo like that off without a way to protect the pieces.

Edit: or yeah swan song works too

Fingers McLongDong fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Oct 1, 2014

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Boco_T posted:

Right now the deck has 13 untapped green sources, which is actually one shy of what I'd recommend for turn 1 green to hit Mystic. If you do anything but replace the 4 Foothills with 4 Forests, you basically run an above average risk of not having an untapped green source to play Mystic on turn 1.

Of course that leaves you with only 10 total red sources, which is also quite bad if you don't draw a Carytid. Could you get up to two Mana Confluence in there? I guess it doesn't help telling you to replace a $15 land with a $15 land.

Oh yeah! I DO have a set of Mana Confluences! I guess I can sub the foothills with those. :v:

Obsoletely Fabulous
May 6, 2008

I don't have any Swan Songs but I have a ton of Negates. Maybe 3 in in place of 2 Elspeths and a land, add 1 more Banishing Light to the main deck for a total of 3 between side and main?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
/\/\/\: That sounds like a solid plan.

I think I'm going to build something like that UW Altar deck as one of my "dick around with the other players, I don't care if I go 0-4 I having a laugh" decks for this Standard. Plus I have 4 Flooded Strands and the stuff I don't have is pretty cheap.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Boco_T posted:

Just add one forest and go to 24 land. Cut one burn spell, probably a Crater's Claws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Has anyone done enough testing to recommend which is better between the 16 Mountain One Drop red deck and the 20 Mountain One Drop And Rabblemaster deck? I mean I guess the one with 20 Mountains got 7th at SCG NJ over the weekend so it's probably better, but man it would just feel so good to run that $20 red deck. Need to pick between the two for TCG States this weekend.

• Locked thread