Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer: I dunno what's creepier: Henry's blank psychopathic rage or Otis simply being a run-of-the-mill white-trash dirtbag. Despite the accolades, don't expect to take this seriously (though it is significantly less goofy than the average horror film). Film is disturbing, but pretty silly and absurd. Ending still makes me shudder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Halloween (1978) (John Carpenter)
Kicked off the mainstream slasher genre. Nothing since has come even close to matching it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Jack Frost with Michael Keaton.

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1974 is the greatest horror film ever made

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011

Troon Flesh Mask posted:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1974 is the greatest horror film ever made

It's probably Halloween, The Shining, or Rosemary's Baby, tbh.

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
I heard Eraserhead was supposed to be good but it's all black and white so gently caress that.

The Thing could have been good, but it's from the 80s so everyone has mullets or something which aren't ever scary so I never saw it.

I once saw a trailer for Human Centipede which creeped me out so I guess I'll say that's my recommendation.

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.
Hellraiser. Gruesome practical effects, menacing antagonist, awesome monster. Up there with The Thing for the best monster movie ever.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

House on Haunted Hill is a personal favorite of mine. It's not scary in the slightest but I watch it every Halloween.

praxis
Aug 1, 2003

YellowBrickRoad. Original Halloween and Halloween II.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011

Linux Pirate posted:

House on Haunted Hill is a personal favorite of mine. It's not scary in the slightest but I watch it every Halloween.

Those silly Edgar Allan Poe films from the 60s are fun to watch too.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

the shining.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The People under the stairs

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Return of the Living Dead - Funny as hell,Running Zombies and of course Linnea Quigley's punk rock tits.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
Ernest Scared Stupid, boogerlips.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
Birdemic

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Vastarien posted:

This gentlemen knows what's up.

Also you can't go wrong with the Evil Dead trilogy; it has everything from wanton amounts of gore to crazy special effects to skeletons making bone-related puns.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Vastarien posted:

Ernest Goes to Jail is a kids movie where Ernest gets put through capital punishment only to live.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Daddy Day Care

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
Martyrs was upsetting.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Nostratic posted:

Daddy Day Care

gay rear end joke

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
Yeah, if you're going to post "Kindergarten Cop" or some poo poo in this thread, gtfo.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
The Thing. Always for any occasion.

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.

Kelfeftaf posted:

Martyrs was upsetting.

All modern French horror is. They're a hosed up people. Speaking of French horror, Suspiria is probably the prettiest slasher ever.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Vastarien posted:

Fourth grade me was loving terrified by that movie. I'm pretty sure even 2014 me you have some nightmares from it.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011

MegaGatts posted:

All modern French horror is. They're a hosed up people. Speaking of French horror, Suspiria is probably the prettiest slasher ever.

That was Italian, but yeah, that was a pretty hosed up movie.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Trick 'r Treat loving owns

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
Speaking of Italian horror films, Zombi 2 was really messed up, but funny if you watched it with English dubbing. "There was a man down there." "What?" "There was a man."

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

Kelfeftaf posted:

That was Italian, but yeah, that was a pretty hosed up movie.

Whatever, both western Europe so pretty much the same thing.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011

MegaGatts posted:

Whatever, both western Europe so pretty much the same thing.

Yeah, I mean, whatever. Don't make no difference to me.

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

There is an old Showtime show called "Masters of Horror" that had some neat episodes in it. The one called "Pelts" was about magic racoons that made people kill themselves. It kinda owned.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
Old? Lol. I feel like that was aired just a couple of years ago.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

The Shining
Pulse
The Grudge
Pontypool
Nightmare on Elm Street
Alien
Evil Dead
13 Going on 30
Truth or Die
Trick 'r' Treat
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
Night of the Lupus
V/H/S 1 and 2
The Thing
It
REC
The Descent
House on Haunted Hill
The Haunting in Connecticut
The Conjuring

watch some of those imo

praxis
Aug 1, 2003

MegaGatts posted:

There is an old Showtime show called "Masters of Horror" that had some neat episodes in it. The one called "Pelts" was about magic racoons that made people kill themselves. It kinda owned.

Well if we're talking about old TV shows you guys need to check out "The Dark Room." Show from the '80s very similar to "Tales from the Darkside" and narrated by James Motherfucking Coburn.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
The Descent was great up until they introduced those stupid monsters.

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:

Awesome Welles posted:

Trick 'r Treat loving owns

its like the pulp fiction of horror

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
The Evil Dead trilogy embodies everything that Halloween is supposed to be: scary, gorey, cheesy-as-gently caress and with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

Nevermind that remake though, it doesn't know what the gently caress it wants to be.

edit: in fact, I just bought an av to celebrate it. Owns.

NiceGuy fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Sep 30, 2014

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011

NiceGuy posted:

The Evil Deal trilogy embodies everything that Halloween is supposed to be: scary, gorey, cheesy-as-gently caress and with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

Nevermind that remake though, it doesn't know what the gently caress it wants to be.

Evil Dead is funny, but, eh, the second and third one are too goofy to be actually be "scary" (though, I'll admit, no movie is really "scary").

If you want to see something creepy, though, watch any of Cronenberg's films, especially The Brood and Dead Ringers.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
Slaughter High should be a goon favorite. The premise is that the high school nerd gets revenge on his bullies by inviting them to a fake reunion at the old high school and systematically killing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Jacob's Ladder is disturbing enough to still be a better Silent Hill movie than any of the actual Silent Hill movies.

• Locked thread