Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sighnoceros
Mar 11, 2007
:qq: GOONS ARE MEAN :qq:

http://www.extra-life.org

What is Extra Life?
Extra Life is a gaming marathon for charity, similar to a Walk-a-thon or Relay for Life, except it's about playing games! The players are everyday gamers like you and me. On October 25th, gamers across the world will be getting together with their friends and playing games in their homes for 24 hours to raise money for the Children's Miracle Network hospitals that they choose to support. It's an incredibly fun time, and a great excuse to play games all day without feeling like a lazy bum!

You may also remember it as "that one charity gaming thing that got DDOS'd last fall"!

Who are you?
My name is Jim, and I'm nobody in particular, just a volunteer with Extra Life trying to spread awareness. I am, however, in communication with Jeromy "Doc" Adams, the guy who created the event, so if you have any questions or suggestions specifically for him I should be able to get those to him.

Specifically, I'm volunteering in support of Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh PA, which is a hospital you can choose to support when you sign up, but if you have an affiliation with a different hospital you are welcome to support any that you wish!

I do not receive any money or any other compensation for my volunteer work, for sign-ups, or anything like that. This is purely a labor of love for me.

Okay, how do I do this?
It's really easy, all you have to do is go to the website (http://www.extra-life.org/register), follow the instructions, and you're set! But before you sign up, see below for ways you can raise money right away.

You can create a team to play with your friends, or join an established team like our own SA team Goons Hate Cancer: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=17638

After registering, bug your friends, family, coworkers, and followers/subscribers to donate money to your donation page. Then the last part, and the hardest, is to play games from October 25th at 8am to October 26th at 8am! Also please make sure to check out the Safety Tips located on the website here, as there are some very real and very serious issues that can result from being sedentary for such an extended period of time: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=cms.page&id=1026&eventID=520

What games can I play?
You can play any games you want: board games, video games, any games!

Where do I play?
Wherever you want! Extra Life is not held in any specific physical venue, there is no "official" location. You organize a time and place to play whatever you want with whoever you want while raising money for the hospital that you choose.

Do I have to stream my playing?
Not at all! It's fun to do, but not required. You can raise money before the marathon by just sharing your donation page with friends/family/coworkers/weird strangers, and you don't have to prove you even played any games at all! So play your old console games, play board games, throw a ball at a wall for a day, whatever you want!

I don't know, that's a lot of gaming to do at once
It is! Thankfully you are under no legal obligation to play all day! Extra Life runs on the Honor System, so we just encourage you to play as much as is feasible for you. The important thing is to have fun while raising money for a good cause.

I'm not available that day
That's okay! You don't have to play that day if you can't, you can play some other weekend, or break it up into multiple evenings throughout the week! The "official" time is just for organizational purposes, all Extra Life really provides is a way to receive and process donations, and determine which hospital you would like your donations to go to.

Where do I register?
If you have a particular hospital affiliation, you can register right here and choose your local hospital: http://www.extra-life.org/register

If you DON'T have any hospital preference, I would love if you would help out my volunteer team by registering in support of Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, PA where children from all over the world receive critical treatment: https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=register.start&eventID=520&hospitalID=104

How did Extra Life get started?

About Extra Life posted:

Extra Life began in 2008 as a way of honoring a young lady named Victoria Enmon. Tori’s battle against acute lymphoblastic leukemia inspired the Sarcastic Gamer Community in a way that is difficult to describe. Members sent in video games and bought gifts to keep Tori’s spirits up despite numerous hospital stays and three bouts with the deadly disease.

Tragically, we lost Tori to cancer in January 2008. Later that year, I asked my partners at Sarcastic Gamer if they would be interested in Extra Life, a 24-hour video game marathon to raise money for the hospital that treated and fought beside Tori. In 2008 and 2009 Extra Life raised a combined $302,000, 100 percent of which went directly to help kids like Tori at my local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital (Texas Children’s Hospital).

While thousands of gamers, more than 100 websites and more than 12,000 donors were happy to support Extra Life, many expressed their desire to raise money to help kids closer to home. In what I can only consider destiny, in 2009 I left behind my radio career and went to work full-time for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals as a Radiothon Director. This life-changing event gave me unique insight into an incredible non-profit organization that helps kids all over the United States and Canada.

I quickly realized that Children's Miracle Network Hospitals would be the perfect solution to expand Extra Life into more communities.

This year, when you sign up to play video games for 24 hours, you won’t just be raising money for kids. You’ll be supporting LOCAL kids and their families. Kids right in your own backyard.

All the money you raise for Extra Life 2014 will go directly to the Children’s Miracle Network Hospital of your choice.

Do you want to have more fun than you can handle while helping some of the bravest (and smallest) warriors in your community? All you have to do is:

1. Register and create your personal fundraising page.
2. Try to get four friends or family members to sponsor you at $1 per hour ($24 each).
3. Sit on your rear end and play all types of games for 24 hours straight on Saturday, October 25th, beginning at 8 a.m.

I also encourage you to learn more about your local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital and to meet some of the kids we’ll be working to help.

-- Doc

:siren:But those dumb sick kids are getting handouts for my labor, what do I get for all this hard work!!:siren:
I'm glad you asked that! Extra Life has partnerships with some different companies that are sponsoring neat prizes and incentives. First off, you can pay $15 to become an Extra Life Platinum Member, and if you raise certain amounts you can get different prizes like t-shirts or sweet medals, with new prizes still being added.

On top of that, I know that if you raise $5 you will earn a free month of gaming for the OnLive game streaming service (see here for details).

I also know last year Playstation had some incentives for raising certain amounts, like premium themes, a free month of PS+, and even free games for raising $25, $50, and $75. I have not heard about any freebies this year yet so I can't guarantee anything, but I assume they will be doing a similar incentive again.

There are more sponsors still to check in with incentives so keep an eye on the site and I will try to keep this thread updated with anything I find out.

:siren::siren::siren:How can I earn money for my hospital right now?:siren::siren::siren:
I'm glad you asked that too! If you sign up and post your donation link in this thread I will donate $5 to your Extra Life profile as soon as I see the link!

ON TOP OF THAT, if you sign up to play for Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, PA (you can use this link) I will donate an ADDITIONAL $5 to your profile!

For the above, my total donation limit is $500. What do you think I am, made of money??

I have a different question
Try the Extra Life FAQ located here: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=cms.page&id=1005&eventID=520

I have a different question that wasn't in the FAQ
Ask away and I will try to answer it!

I hate games but kids are OK I guess, can I just donate instead of playing?
You certainly can! Feel free to support your fellow SA Extra Lifers by picking someone from the below list and unleashing the full might of your wallet! I will try to keep the list updated as much as possible.

:siren:Is there a Something Awful team I can join?:siren:
There sure is, go here to join the SA team Goons Hate Cancer: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=17638

Something Awful Extra Lifers
sighnoceros, playing for Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation
Danimo, playing for Texas Children's Hospital
Jandipoo, playing for Kapi'olani Medical Center for Women and Children
codespace, playing for Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children and UF Shands Children's Hospital
Miker525, playing for Faxton St. Luke's Healthcare Foundation
Arrrthritis, playing for Gillette Children's Specialty Healthcare
Studio, playing for Children's Hospital & Research Center Oakland
DeliciousBees, playing for Seattle Children's Hospital Research Foundation
BloodWulfe, playing for Seattle Children's Hospital Research Foundation
Interstellar Owl, playing for Children's Specialized Hospital of NJ
Stealthed Zombie, playing for North Shore-LIJ Cohen Children's Medical Center
jabro, playing for CHOC Children's
Pez, playing for Duke Children's Hospital & Health Center
Ernie., playing for Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario
Snakeman, playing for All Children's Hospital in St. Petersburg, FL
Give Pat a Job, playing for Maria Fareri Children's Hospital
Fried Watermelon, playing for Children's Hospital of Winnipeg
klapman, playing for Gillete Children's Specialty Healthcare
Pleads, playing for Children's Health Foundation
Cosmonut, playing for North Shore-LIJ Cohen Children's Medical Center
Novasol, playing for Children's Hospital at Erlanger
Brocktoon, playing for Children's Specialized Hospital of NJ
Tesh, playing for Kentucky Children's Hospital
AtrociousToaster, playing for Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation
SuccinctAndPunchy, playing for Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation
Sgoast, playing for Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
Section 9, playing for the Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
Smileyfax, playing for Beaumont Children's Hospital
moonsour, playing for Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
LionYeti, playing for Children's Hospital Colorado
Revitalized, playing for Children's Hospital of Los Angeles
may contain peanuts, playing for Boston Children's Hospital
Mage_Boy, playing for Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation
Toasta, playing for The Barbara Bush Children's Hospital at Maine Medical Center
IceOrb, playing for Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
ISUCHARESLOLO, playing for Children's Hospital of San Antonio
haunted bong, playing for Children's Hospital of St. Louis
Erluk, playing for Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
DrunkCajun, playing for Children's Hospital of Colorado
Target Practice, playing for The Lauren Small Children's Medical Center at Bakersfield
Gendail, playing for the Connecticut Children's Medical Center
nag83, playing for MUSC Children's Hospital
himurak, playing for Children's Specialized Hospital of New Jersey
Tiny Turtle, playing for Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation
StormOfDarkness, playing for Samaritan Medical Center
SupSuper, playing for CMN
demota, playing for Children's Hospital & Research Center Oakland
Fredrik1, playing for CMN
Doctor Fatty, playing for Opération Enfant Soleil
Forward_Bee, playing for Children's Hospital of St. Louis
Veskit, playing for UNM Children's Hospital
WhiteHowler, playing for Children's Hospital of Alabama

sighnoceros Donation Dollars
$305 (+$25 more on accident, whoops!)
$195 remains, sign up today to take a chunk out of my wallet!

Refer a non-goon to earn $5 for both of you! Refer a goon to earn $10 for both of you!

sighnoceros fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Oct 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sighnoceros
Mar 11, 2007
So for people who are doing the marathon, do you have any special plans? In the past I have used it as a way to get through some of my backlog of small indie games, giving each about an hour to get a sense of whether I want to play it more or not. But I have also been doing a lot of board gaming this year and might want to do that a bit... BUT Civilization: Beyond Earth comes out the day before the marathon, so I might want to LAN that up with my friends.

I also like streaming my playing, but I don't have a large streaming audience or anything so it's not a huge event. What games are you planning to play? Are you going to be streaming? Any special events or plans for your marathon?

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Last year I raised $450 playing a mix of old console games and newer Steam stuff, this year my goal is $500. The hospital I'm supporting is Texas Children's Hospital in Houston.

Here's my donation page

I haven't nailed down my plans yet but I think I want to be more focused this year. I might find a good, long SNES game I haven't beat yet and just play it through.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Okay I am completely new to this but...do I play this games like on Twitch and ask people to donate or something? This is still a bit confusing even after the FAQ.

sighnoceros
Mar 11, 2007
You can stream or play offline or whatever you like, even play board games. You can ask for donations during, before, and after the marathon.

What I recommend people do is sign up, then send their friends/family/whoever the link to their donation page with a message like "I am going to be participating in a 24-hour gaming marathon in support of Children's Miracle Network hospitals and I would really appreciate whatever you can donate to help me raise money for kids in need."

You can post it on Facebook, Twitter, your own site, forums you go to, whatever you want.

So basically:

1. Sign up
2. Try to raise money before the marathon
3. Play games (optionally try to raise more money if you are streaming)

The donations for the marathon probably won't close out until the end of December, the past couple years they have gone to the end of the year so I assume they will do that again.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Ahhh okay, now I see how it goes. Thing is I live in Austria and I don't know a lot of people who actually would do that sort of stuff, so I guess I will just do a streaming marathon or so.

Zoolooman
Mar 30, 2003

I'm going to stream the horror that is Dota 2 again this year.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Want to stream it together and scream at each other?

Zoolooman
Mar 30, 2003

Michaellaneous posted:

Want to stream it together and scream at each other?

Watching me fail on EU West is EU Best? :3:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Yeah that sounds about right. :coffeepal:
Not sure if I can be there on the 25th, but if we get a time I can free a day or so.

Jandipoo
Mar 29, 2008

I am the great Cornholio!
My page.

I did this last year as well. I spent the entire time playing The Secret World but this year I may try some Dark Souls challenge runs, or just a mix of whatever is in my steam library.

I also plan to livestream the entire time, twitch link is on my Extra Life page.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
i'll play through metal gear rising like 15 times

codespace
May 3, 2011

Here's my donation page. I did this last year, raised $150 playing Minecraft on the Nameless Vanilla goon server, streaming almost the entire event.

This year, I'm aiming for a modest increase up to $200, and will be streaming a 4-player run of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel with a trio of fellow goons from the Nameless crew. We're gonna round-robin the streaming, so you'll be able to watch different perspectives throughout the event, and we'll be using the Nameless Mumble server for voice communication, if you want to join the conversation.

It's going to be an absolute blast, and everyone should come watch us be terrible and have fun!

edit: I'll be playing to benefit the Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children and UF Shands Children's Hospital.

codespace fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Sep 30, 2014

Saints Crow
Aug 25, 2006

Johnny is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all bangers

I do not have a donation link to share, but as an adult currently enduring chemo for a brain tumor that generally only effects children, and who has to go to a Children's Hospital weekly, everyone who donates or does anything to help those kids is loving amazing. This poo poo sucks for me as an adult, I can't imagine kids dealing with it.

Thanks from a stranger.

Miker525
Jan 2, 2011
What the hell. Playing games for 24 hours straight has never killed anyone, and I have the chance to help kids! I'm in!

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donordrive.participant&participantID=109306

Would have done your hospital OP but my girlfriend would have been a bit sour if I didn't choose the one she works at :p . Anyway I'm excited to do this. It was something I was planning on doing anyway and I'm glad to be able to do it with fellow goons. I'm curious though is there a goon team I should sign up for?

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Signed up Thinking I might play some NIER for some friends of mine, or Goat Simulator. Maybe something else.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I think I'm going to be heading over and helping out Rebel FM this year. Maybe I'll see about hooking up the new Desert Bus feature in Roundabout :getin:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I would like to start a group for SA and see how far we go as the OP suggest. I will pay the 15 bucks entry fee for the platinum thing.

A few things I need to know:
We need a name. Go to http://strawpoll.me/2677891 and vote for one you like, or suggest one here.
What will be our team goal?
How do you want us to organize? I will do most of that stuff. I think a combination of IRC and Google Docs would fit well.
I will look into creating a very rudimentary website for us where I will link to anyone with a Twitch account who wants that.

sighnoceros
Mar 11, 2007
That is awesome Michaellaneous, and everyone who is signing up! I don't have time now but will update the OP with sign-ups and make my donations tonight.

Michaellaneous, also just so you know, you don't need to be a Platinum Member to create a team, you can just be a regular old classic member. You may be aware of this, but it's unclear from what you said.

I am the Team Captain of my own team with my friends so I can't actually change teams but I would totally hang out in a goon Extra Life IRC, and I was planning on putting people's stream info in the OP. But if you want to handle that (SA Name, Supporting Hospital, Twitch link) off-site I can just link to it. Let me know what you think. Also I do like "Goons Hate Cancer" but since it's just a general Children's Hospital marathon and not specifically Cancer I have to go with Extra Awful :3: But I'm a fan of self-insulting names anyway, my own team is the Inglorious Gamers.

Miker525
Jan 2, 2011

Michaellaneous posted:

I would like to start a group for SA and see how far we go as the OP suggest. I will pay the 15 bucks entry fee for the platinum thing.

A few things I need to know:
We need a name. Go to http://strawpoll.me/2677891 and vote for one you like, or suggest one here.
What will be our team goal?
How do you want us to organize? I will do most of that stuff. I think a combination of IRC and Google Docs would fit well.
I will look into creating a very rudimentary website for us where I will link to anyone with a Twitch account who wants that.

I would totally join in on this. I just voted on the name. Good choices you've got. I can't guarentee ahead of time that I will be streaming the whole thing, but anything I play on my PC I'll be happy to stream. Anything on my PS3 or 360 I will be unable to. IRC and GDocs sounds great for organizing though

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

I think I'd sign up under a goon group. Voted for Extra Awful, even though Something Awful Extra Life or Goons Hate Cancer are probably more helpfully descriptive names. I can't really afford to donate, but I can play games all day long no problem.

codespace
May 3, 2011

I can email an Extra Life admin to switch me over to team Extra Awful, just let me know when you have everything set up!

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I will wait a bit more on more votes for you guys, as well as maybe a few more interestes. I'll post a Gdoc with a table where you can input your info, so I have everything at hand.

I think the best way to do this would be for everyone to use their own stream. Since this is a marathon, a single channel will not really feasible. And I am sure you guys won't mind a bit of extra advertisment.

e:

sighnoceros posted:

Michaellaneous, also just so you know, you don't need to be a Platinum Member to create a team, you can just be a regular old classic member. You may be aware of this, but it's unclear from what you said.

I know but we might as well start somewhere.

Michaellaneous fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Sep 30, 2014

DeliciousBees
Jul 15, 2001

Last year, Panzer and I played every Army Men game back to back. It was horrible.

This year, we're going to do even worse and play a "worst of the worst" of Metacritic's lowest 200 rated games. We're also going to trick OatmealRaisin into playing terrible games with us after he stayed up with us for 25 hours over Skype last time.

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=108809

Studio posted:

I think I'm going to be heading over and helping out Rebel FM this year. Maybe I'll see about hooking up the new Desert Bus feature in Roundabout :getin:

If you do end up doing Desert Limo, let me know/PM me and I'll hook you up with some prizes for the people who have to endure it.

sighnoceros
Mar 11, 2007
Alright, OP is updated and my first batch of donations have been made! Everyone who posted in the thread has received $5 from me, except for Arrrthritis, when I forgot to switch the donation amount off of $25! So my loss is your gain, congratulations!

Zoolooman and klapman, you have posted in the thread but haven't linked your donation pages, so I have nothing to put in the OP and no link to donate to. Get on it!

Everyone else, great job and thanks a lot! Just by signing up you've already raised $55 for Children's Hospitals!

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

sighnoceros posted:

Alright, OP is updated and my first batch of donations have been made! Everyone who posted in the thread has received $5 from me, except for Arrrthritis, when I forgot to switch the donation amount off of $25! So my loss is your gain, congratulations!

:) Thanks man! Definitely gonna pay this forward and make some donations to other streamers

codespace
May 3, 2011

sighnoceros posted:

Zoolooman and klapman, you have posted in the thread but haven't linked your donation pages, so I have nothing to put in the OP and no link to donate to. Get on it!

Everyone else, great job and thanks a lot! Just by signing up you've already raised $55 for Children's Hospitals!

You're an incredible human being! :allears:

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
I'm all over this. Streaming 24 hours of JRPG speedruns for charity is totally my thing.

Signed up as an individual supporting the Seattle's Children's Hospital.

This is a link that goes to my thing.

Cheers sighnoceros. :)

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

So the votes are between Goons Hate Cancer and Extra Awful right now. Very good choices I feel. Please vote so we can get this thing rolling.

http://strawpoll.me/2677891

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
I assume you can join a team after you've created your profile?

I'm probably going to do this, will post details later.

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."
I am doing Extra Life with 3 other people this year, one of which is a goon along with me. For mine and his segment, we are going to be doing some really lovely old console games and some horror games, and the other two are doing a Gauntlet playthrough and some Rebel Assault co-op.

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=15929

This is my individual link.

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=97668

I am supporting Children's Specialized Hospital in NJ.

sighnoceros
Mar 11, 2007

Stealthed Zombie posted:

I assume you can join a team after you've created your profile?

I'm probably going to do this, will post details later.

You totally can!

Interstellar Owl posted:

I am doing Extra Life with 3 other people this year, one of which is a goon along with me. For mine and his segment, we are going to be doing some really lovely old console games and some horror games, and the other two are doing a Gauntlet playthrough and some Rebel Assault co-op.

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=15929

This is my individual link.

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=97668

I am supporting Children's Specialized Hospital in NJ.

Interstellar Owl brings up a good point. One of the best and easiest ways to increase the amount of money you help raise is by enlisting your friends to join the marathon with you! It has become a highly anticipated yearly event for my friends and I. Teams are totally open, so once the SA team is up if you want to game with your friends feel free to have them join the SA team even if they are not a goon.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
Alright, got my page all set up right here http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donordrive.participant&participantID=109692

First year so I just used the default goal amount. No plan just yet, but the early idea may be Dark Souls 2 + DLC on PC.

Stealthed Zombie fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Oct 1, 2014

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

In as always and playing for CHOC since my local children's hospital isn't part of the network. I will be streaming and not sure what yet. Some combo of MMOs and Steam backlog. Hopefully some multiplayer with team members. I can ask the CTS guys for a channel in their Mumble for poo poo-talking encouragement.

Donation Page

Twitch.TV

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
So how do teams work? Each member has an individual page to get donations sent to that count towards a total, or will people be donating to the team itself? I want to do this, thinking of recruiting my local nerd friends to join in for a marathon of tabletop and probably console gaming

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Pez posted:

So how do teams work? Each member has an individual page to get donations sent to that count towards a total, or will people be donating to the team itself? I want to do this, thinking of recruiting my local nerd friends to join in for a marathon of tabletop and probably console gaming

Everyone has their individual donation pages and whatever each member collects in donations is added to a team total. It's mostly for dick-waving.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
Ok, I got myself signed up, and I started a team that hopefully I can get my friends to join with me. Planning on doing a day of board games and maybe some console tournaments to vary it up.

My page: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=109776

Team Insert Name Here: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=17582

Depending on how many I can get to join I will hopefully raise my meager goal. Planning on hitting some local business owners for donations as well as everyone I know. Thanks for posting this!

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It's fine if you don't actually reach your goal, right? Minimum's a hundred dollars if you don't get Premium.

And probably don't need to ask, but this is reputable, yeah?

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Oct 2, 2014

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

Justin_Brett posted:

It's fine if you don't actually reach your goal, right? Minimum's a hundred dollars if you don't get Premium.

They wheel one sick kid into your living room every hour you miss your goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Justin_Brett posted:

And probably don't need to ask, but this is reputable, yeah?

CHOC is always sends emails thanking me for doing it and inviting me to stuff so I take that as they get their money. Extra-Life also has some pretty high profile sponsors that I think would have been called out by now if it wasn't.

• Locked thread