Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
Here's a description you can add for me:

https://www.twitch.tv/plainzombie

Will be sifting through a grab bag of video games across multiple platforms. Some new, some old favorites, perhaps some surprises. Maybe some spooky games at night. Streaming for TWENTY SIX hours thanks to generous folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
I was wondering if there was going to be a thread for this. I've been looking for one since I signed up back in July.

I started with a modest goal of $100, but I have since ballooned to raising over 6 TIMES that, due to allowing people to choose a game for an hour with a donation of $25. So, of course people have been picking games like Desert Bus, Tapper, Joust and 3 hours in a row of Michael Jackson's Moonwalker in the middle of the night.

So, for a bit of shameless self-promotion, I only have 5 hours left open, if any goons would like to torture me!

My Donation Page

My Team, Super Nintendo Chalmers

My Twitch

I'd also like to pick a random one of you and donate to reciprocate, but I've already donated to, like, 3 people, and my wife and I are trying to close on a house, so spending money may be tight. I'll see what I can do closer to the event, even if it's only $10-15 to one of you.

Tesh
Jun 30, 2002

If humans were cookies, I'd be the cookie monster.

I'm proud to say that my team, Beatlands, has hit its goal of $500! Our team page is here:

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donordrive.team&teamID=17099

We will be playing on October 18th and live streaming the entire 24 hours. We'll be playing a mixture of PS4, PC, and tabletop games. My personal Extra Life page is here:

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=106297

And the Twitch links for myself and my wife are below:

http://www.twitch.tv/weekoldcoke
http://www.twitch.tv/littlebigstormy

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

I've considered doing this in the past and think I'll go ahead and give it a try this year!

I joined Goons Hate Cancer and I'm supporting the Children's Hospital of Pittsburg. If I can get something set up to stream from my Wii U I'll probably play through Bayonetta, as it comes out for Wii U the day before that. In addition I'll probably just take votes and play whatever people want if anyone is actually watching me. I've got a huge steam library of games I've barely touched, so I should have plenty of random weird things to keep me busy for 24 hours.

My Extralife Page
My Twitch

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Sorry for the delay, I will be adding everyone and their descriptions.

Michaellaneous fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Oct 7, 2014

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

AtrociousToaster posted:

I joined Goons Hate Cancer and I'm supporting the Children's Hospital of Pittsburg. If I can get something set up to stream from my Wii U I'll probably play through Bayonetta, as it comes out for Wii U the day before that. In addition I'll probably just take votes and play whatever people want if anyone is actually watching me. I've got a huge steam library of games I've barely touched, so I should have plenty of random weird things to keep me busy for 24 hours.

I was going to correct you and say that Bayonetta 2 doesn't come out until the 28th, but then I realized that Amazon does not yet have Release Date shipping for it. Come on Amazon you can do it! I'll definitely stream that.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Honestly I feel like everyone should just play Platinum games on all streams.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

klapman posted:

Honestly I feel like everyone should just play Platinum games on all streams.

Wonderful 101 is definitely on my list probably during a Wii U block.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Don't forget Rising which is balls to the wall awesome.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
So, I didn't even know this thing existed until I saw this thread but it sounds like a whale of a time and for a good reason so I'm down to clown. Even signed up for Pittsburgh because I live in the UK and so have no particular affinity for any hospital but I figure I can do what the guy who exposed me to this cool thing asks. Probably not gonna join the goon team though because I have IRL friends who might be getting in on it and I'd rather join a team with them instead.

Page link

Twitch link

I have no real plan for what I'll be playing, but I have plenty of games that you'll probably see but in no particular order. Silent Hill speedruns, The Desolate Hope, possibly play Cards Against Humanity with friends spring to mind off the top of my head. It'll be great!

sighnoceros
Mar 11, 2007
:qq: GOONS ARE MEAN :qq:
Alright, OP is updated with new people and donations made. AtrociousToaster and SuccinctAndPunchy earned an extra $5 for supporting Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, thanks you two!

Speaking of Platinum games, the Legend of Korra game comes out Oct. 21st... I may have to drag my PS3 over to my buddy's house to play some of that. Won't be able to stream it though unfortunately. As it stands, I will probably be playing a random assortment of indie titles, maybe some Wasteland 2, maybe some retro SNES/NES games, and some board games with friends to break things up.

OR I'll buy all the DS2 DLC and just play that the whole time.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Thanks for the 5bux, sighnoceros!

I got tentative approval to take Friday the 24th "off" work for the 8 hours they allow towards charitable work. I'm pretty stoked, it works a lot better for the household schedule and keeps it close to the 25th where the bulk of people's playtime will be put in.

I stole a page from Brockton and offered up an hour of gaming for $20 donation. I'm also letting people donate $5 and I'll listen to a song of their choice for 15 minutes on repeat.

I have a hockey game that night so I'll be donating some extra funds based on how that goes (goals, assists, being the reason we get scored on).

Game-wise, unless I get a lot of $20 mandates, I'll likely be on PS4 for the most part. FIFA, NBA, Driveclub, and then I'll likely rent Shadows of Mordor or Last of Us for a story mode.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

I'd like to thank Jim for his donation. It's my first one, and hopefully won't be the last.

Speaking of earning donations, part of my schedule planning is to figure out donation incentives for the blocks I'm going to play. I know that the leadup for Mario Party 2 is going to include game length as a goal, so if we reach a certain cumulative amount, the match will have more turns. Maybe bidding for a specific board, if enough people are watching to warrant a bidding war. (I doubt it, but still, it's an idea)

Two other prominent blocks I'm doing include playing random MAME games and awful educational games like Captain Novolin and Rex Ronan Experimental Surgeon. I'm thinking for these, if someone donates, they get to choose the next game to torture me with.

Novasol fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Oct 7, 2014

Sgoast
Sep 1, 2006

"I don't think I can stand it."
Oh geez, how did I miss this thread. 'sup sighnoceros. How's the recruitment game going out east?

Here's my page. My team is going all out in giveaways this year as well, so if anyone wants to chip in to mine, every :10bux: you donate gets you an entry into one of these raffle-type giveaways:

quote:

Games We're Playing Pack
Enjoy a selection of the games we’re playing this year, spanning various platforms and guaranteeing you won’t run out of something to play for a while!

- Cards Against Humanity Complete-ish Collection (Base, Expansions 1-4, The Reject Pack, and The Bigger, Blacker Box)
- Castle Crashers
- Castle Panic
- Mount Your Friends
- Fibbage
- Octodad: Dadliest Catch
- Papers, Please
- Roundabout
- Shovel Knight
- Sneak King
- Speedruners
- Towerall Ascension

Cream City Check In Pack
For the Milwaukeeans or just those who plan to visit. Enjoy everything our wonderful city has to offer with these prizes!

- City Tins “Milwaukee Bar & Lounge” and “Milwaukee Restaurant” Tins (A $400 value in coupons to local hot spots!)
- A $40 bar tab & limited edition towel from 42 Lounge
- Two “Everything” passes to Bounce Milwaukee (Good for unlimited laser tag, wall climbing, air hockey, and more!)
- A show for two (with drinks) at Comedy Sportz Milwaukee
- And the first two tickets publicly available to the Midwest Gaming Classic, the Midwest’s largest video game trade show!

Nerd Crate
This is the long term satisfaction pack. Neat stuff now. Neat stuff a month from now. Even more neat stuff a month later. And then another one! Wow!

- 3 month Loot Crate subscription
- 10 t-shirts from The Yetee

The Intercontinental
Goodies harking from across the Atlantic and Pacific. Pretty much the most foreign thing we offer for your bids.

- Attack On Titan Volume 1
- Death Note Volume 1
- Godzilla Awakening HC
- 2 Domo Mystery Minis
- Doctor Who 500 Year Diary
- Doctor Who mug
- 3 Doctor Who sticky notes
- 6 t-shirts from The Yetee

Weirdos With Masks
Comics and more featuring your favorite superheros! (Because of this, there are no Aquaman products included.)

- Astonishing X-Men Volume 1
- Batman the Killing Joke HC
- Batman Volume 1: Court of Owls
- Watchmen HC
- 2 Guardians of the Galaxy Mystery Minis
- Marvel Kidrobot Labbit Series

Family Friendly
A pack of goods that kids of all ages can enjoy! Unless you're specifically 26. No one 26 years old can enter. (Not really.)

- Adventure Time Volume 1
- Axe Cop Volume 1
- My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Volume 1
- Portal 2 P-Body
- Magic the Gathering Commander Deck
- Portal 2 Companion Cube string lights

Critically Acclaimed
Stuff inspired by the series everyone tells you that you should be following. Get introduced or at least act like you know why people love it.

- Fables Volume 1
- Saga Volume 1
- Walking Dead Volume 1
- Battling Boy
- 2 Game of Throne Mystery Minis
- Walking Dead Daryl and Merle 2-Pack
- 2 Walking Dead Series 1 Mystery Minis

Made in MKE
We love our city and want to share it's riches with you! These are prizes provided exclusively by Milwaukee businesses and creators, with a focus on Milwaukee based goods.

- T-shirts from MilwaukeeHome and the Lakeshore Chinooks
- A bundle of coffee and a gift card from Anodyne Coffee
- Pet treats from Fresh Is Best Natural Pet Treats
- The Bittercube Variety Pack: The bartender's spice rack. (Must be 21+ to claim)
- $25 gift card to Lost World of Wonders
- And a selection of local treats and goodies curated by our team

Check out our team page as well for more details on our schedule, hospital, and all that fun stuff. (We bumped our marathon to Nov. 8th due to doing some Extra Life recruiting at a convention on game day.) I hope you check us out!

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
I was hoping to get my board gaming/RPG crew to participate in this, but enthusiasm was lacking so I'm heading in on my own. I signed up with the Goons Hate Cancer team and hopefully will make a good contribution. I'm supporting the Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital in Chicago.

My Page

I'm planning to stream, and hopefully can figure out how that works in the next couple weeks. Stream link

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Would anyone be interested in an hour or two of competitive gaming? It doesn't even have to be a competitive game, just something multi-player (or turned in to multi-player).

Stupid stuff is probably better, even. "Head-to-head Surgeon Simulator battles" or something dumb.

We could put small donations on the line. Just kind of tally up small "least blood remaining after a brain transplant gets $1" results and donate $5-10 to each other at the end.

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

Pleads posted:

Would anyone be interested in an hour or two of competitive gaming? It doesn't even have to be a competitive game, just something multi-player (or turned in to multi-player).

Stupid stuff is probably better, even. "Head-to-head Surgeon Simulator battles" or something dumb.

We could put small donations on the line. Just kind of tally up small "least blood remaining after a brain transplant gets $1" results and donate $5-10 to each other at the end.

I'd consider joining in on something online with other players. What about a round of Space Station 13? Even better if everyone is as clueless as I am about how to play and we're all just bumbling around accidentally killing ourselves. It's also free so nobody has to buy a game they don't already have.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Pleads posted:

I for one plan to try to fit Divekick in somewhere.

sighnoceros
Mar 11, 2007

Sgoast posted:

Oh geez, how did I miss this thread. 'sup sighnoceros. How's the recruitment game going out east?

Here's my page. My team is going all out in giveaways this year as well, so if anyone wants to chip in to mine, every :10bux: you donate gets you an entry into one of these raffle-type giveaways:

Check out our team page as well for more details on our schedule, hospital, and all that fun stuff. (We bumped our marathon to Nov. 8th due to doing some Extra Life recruiting at a convention on game day.) I hope you check us out!

Hey Sgoast! It's been kind of a mixed bag... so far we're not hitting the same registration numbers as last year in PGH, however it seems like the people who ARE signing up are more interested/motivated this year. We had a decent amount of folks last year who didn't raise anything and not even sure they did the marathon. And on a personal level I've been more focused on managing guild stuff so I'm behind on my donations from last year.

But I'm hopeful the energy I've been seeing will turn into donations! Looks like you're killing it again this year, your team incentives and stuff look great!

Smileyfax
Dec 30, 2008
My Extra Life page: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=92260

I did this last year, it was pretty fun. I didn't plan anything in advance, so I jumped around a lot -- I remember playing Terraria, Civilization 5, Euro Truck Simulator 2, and even some old DOS favorites like Raptor and Ragnarok. I'll probably be doing the same this year, just randomly picking stuff off my Steam library.

Miker525
Jan 2, 2011
My Twitch stream: http://www.twitch.tv/miker525

I have no loving clue what I'll be playing but will probably be quite a few of the games from my steam account. I won't be streaming the whole 24 hours because I'll probably switch to play board games and PS3 at some point...but for the most part I'll likely be streaming and on my PC so yay :) . On another note just broke my $100 goal. I'm really shocked. I expected my friends to step up. Instead I've had one friend donate some and mostly done by family. Hoping to now get to $150 or $200 from friends...I hope...

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
EDIT: I meant to post this in the Let's Play Streaming thread. My bad! I'll remember what thread I'm in next time.

Stealthed Zombie fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Oct 8, 2014

sighnoceros
Mar 11, 2007
I don't have a problem with Extra Life people posting in here when they are streaming, might help people (myself included, hopefully) get a few donations from other Extra Lifers before the event actually starts.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Smileyfax posted:

My Extra Life page: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=92260

I did this last year, it was pretty fun. I didn't plan anything in advance, so I jumped around a lot -- I remember playing Terraria, Civilization 5, Euro Truck Simulator 2, and even some old DOS favorites like Raptor and Ragnarok. I'll probably be doing the same this year, just randomly picking stuff off my Steam library.

Do join our Team if you want to. Link is in the OP.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

sighnoceros posted:

I don't have a problem with Extra Life people posting in here when they are streaming, might help people (myself included, hopefully) get a few donations from other Extra Lifers before the event actually starts.

Oh ok then! Perhaps I will take you up on that offer.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Michaellaneous posted:

Don't forget Rising which is balls to the wall awesome.

Hell yeah man, I played it on stream for like 3 hours yesterday doing Very Hard on a fresh save. Got halfway through chapter 2 before I started getting the shakes and needed to chill out for a bit :getin:

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Thanks for the :10bux:/2, sighnoceros! (There really needs to be a 5bux smilie)

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned
I'm in! I'll be able to do a 24h stream as well of the Sailor Moon SNES RPG. If/when I finish that I'll start taking requests on the twitch stream for something else to play. I've joined Goons Hate Cancer as well.
Donation link: http://www.extra-life.org/participant/moonsour
Twitch link: http://www.twitch.tv/sourmoon

As the date gets closer I'll flesh out the twitch page a bit more. In the meantime I'll just keep tweeting and posting on facebook for donations.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

My Extra life page http://www.extra-life.org/participant/115954 . This will be the first time I've ever streamed stuff so be prepared for some wackyness. I'm probably gonna do lots of random steam games, World of Warcraft and emulated SNES. I'm gonna be fund raising for the Denver Children's Hospital and I'm taking requests.

sighnoceros
Mar 11, 2007
Hey, going to stream Dark Souls 2 DLC for an hour or two starting in a couple minutes, stop in if you like: http://www.twitch.tv/gos_jim

DLC IS HARD

sighnoceros fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Oct 9, 2014

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
I just signed up after seeing an email at work about this.
http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=116374

I'll need to setup streaming stuff on my computer and see if it works fine with a 5mb up speed, but I do have a PS4 that I can stream random Playstation games. At the moment I will probably just be playing Civilization Beyond Earth on the 25th. Who knows? We'll see when we get there!

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Does anyone have any experience with including another live stream in their stream? I'm trying to avoid stopping and starting my stream over and over every time I switch games (PS4 interrupts Twitch streaming to do so and I'd have to do it again if I moved to my PC). I've got my twitch stream integrated into a hitbox stream via OBS but the delay on the twitch feed is like 12 seconds and I can only get OBS to delay my webcam by 8.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

Pleads posted:

Does anyone have any experience with including another live stream in their stream? I'm trying to avoid stopping and starting my stream over and over every time I switch games (PS4 interrupts Twitch streaming to do so and I'd have to do it again if I moved to my PC). I've got my twitch stream integrated into a hitbox stream via OBS but the delay on the twitch feed is like 12 seconds and I can only get OBS to delay my webcam by 8.

Have you considered getting something like an Elgato for the PS4 streaming? I think it's pretty worth it, especially if you decide you might want to stream PS3/Wii U or even 360 games with an HDMI model, and it would let you keep streaming while you switch platforms. The only issue is that there's a noticeable delay where your mic will be ahead of the game content, so you have to throw a buffer in front of both your mic and webcam if using them, but it's not more than a second and a half at least.

Otherwise I'm not sure, honestly.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I've looked at them before, and was considering a capture card when I eventually build a new computer, but I don't think I'll have a hardware solution in time for the 24th. Definitely not gonna go out and grab a $200 piece in the next two weeks, sadly. This would all be a non-issue if NHL15 wasn't a piece of trash on the PS4, I'd have figured things out by September :(

I'll futz with OBS some more and see if I can get the delay sorted out. It does a decent job of taking in my Twitch feed and outputting it to hitbox along with webcam, there just seems to be about a 4 second difference between webcam + twitch even after adjusting the settings in OBS to delay my webcam feed.

I was thinking about grabbing the PS4 camera which would fix my PS4 streaming sync issues but doesn't do anything for stopping/starting whenever I change games.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)
I have done the thing. http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=118480

I'm planning on streaming this, it will be at twitch.tv/mcpeanuts. Probably just streaming PC games although I do have the stuff to stream PS3 and I have done that before so that may be a thing at some point as well. I'll be streaming this with my good pal Coolcab who is also a goon even though he never posts. Uh playing games for 24 hours straight seemed bad to me so I'm splitting it up as 12 hours Saturday 12 hours Sunday, 10am-10pm both days. Game we'll be playing in some sort of order at some sort of time are Team Fortress 2, Orcs Must Die 2, Broforce, Skullgirls, Sanctum, possibly Dead Space 3 although hopefully not since we both hate it, and if we run out of all that then I dunno a different game.

may contain peanuts fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Oct 10, 2014

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

may contain peanuts posted:

I have done the thing. http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=118480

I'm planning on streaming this, it will be at twitch.tv/mcpeanuts. Probably just streaming PC games although I do have the stuff to stream PS3 and I have done that before so that may be a thing at some point as well. I'll be streaming this with my good pal Coolcab who is also a goon even though he never posts. Uh playing games for 24 hours straight seemed bad to me so I'm splitting it up as 12 hours Saturday 12 hours Sunday, 10am-10pm both days. Game we'll be playing in some sort of order at some sort of time are Team Fortress 2, Orcs Must Die 2, Broforce, Skullgirls, possibly Dead Space 3 although hopefully not since we both hate it, and if we run out of all that then I dunno a different game.

Yeah, should be a blast. Still working out some of the format details, but I'm very excited about one I'm working on now. May Contain Peanuts is a pro Skullgirls player and I, despite hating fighting games, own it. So he's going to get a bunch of the Skullgirls pros out to play me (watch this space) as MCP tells me what buttons to press over skype. I predict I will do really well.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

I'm doing some schedule planning, and right now I have Divekick scheduled for 2 hours. However, I think people would get sick of that, so I want to split its time. That makes a one-hour block that I need to fill with... something. What kind of head-to-head or short co-op game can I shove in there to fill that time?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Broforce or Monaco come to my mind first.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Pleads posted:

Broforce or Monaco come to my mind first.

Yeah we're going to run through Broforce, it's my favorite co-op game this year. Obscenely fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Well, drat. I wanted to stream to twitch, but OBS will not work on my laptop. I'm trying to figure out some way to generate live content, because "hey guys I'm sitting here playing poo poo give me cash" isn't the fun way to do this.

• Locked thread