Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Brady Hoke is about to give a press conference, here's an entertaining link:

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/09/video_watch_a_live_stream_of_b.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Brady Hoke will "never, ever, put a player on the field who has the possibility of brain trauma"

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Brady Hoke will "never, ever, put a player on the field who has the possibility of brain trauma"

We've always been at war with Eastasia. :colbert:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
"Shouldn't the head coach oversee"

"I THINK YOU'RE WRONG THERE, if the trainer says one thing if the doctor says one thing you're not going to override that"

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
"Shouldn't the head coach be aware of the possibility of-"
"That's your perception, not my perception."

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Brady Hoke to reporter: "You're being hypothetical and we're not going to work in hypotheticals."

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

god drat he's salt rightnow

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Brady Hoke so far has blamed

The referee who apparently told him Gardner couldn't come back into the game even with a timeout (??? I dunno exactly he can't put together coherent sentences)
Shane Morris for playing through the injuries
Medical staff
medical staff
medical staff
the medical staff

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

hoke just said that morris waved off the trainer and "that tells you something"

and everyone was so stunned no one asked a question for a few seconds

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
"Did you the video of him stumbling?"
"The video of.....?"
"Him stumbling and his offensive lineman holding him up"
"It was his ankle"
"It was his ankle he said it was his ankle?"
"I didn't see the hit either"

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Hoke on whether the athletic trainers did tests on the sideline, “I assume so.”

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
"Having missed the hit, Is there a way in the future that you can fix it, maybe with a headset there's been a lot of attention about the lack of a headset"

"No."

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
"I've never had a problem, never had a problem." - Brady Hoke on his medical staff alerting him to injuries

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

he doesn't wear a headset on the sideline....?

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

pillsburysoldier posted:

he doesn't wear a headset on the sideline....?
No but you should see his clapping!!!

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Well that was a whole lot of nonsense, can't wait to see the transcript

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Drew Sharp ‏@drewsharp 1m
This press conference was Brady Hoke's fourth loss of the season.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

"Did you the video of him stumbling?"
"The video of.....?"
"Him stumbling and his offensive lineman holding him up"
"It was his ankle"
"It was his ankle he said it was his ankle?"
"I didn't see the hit either"

I'm ok coach, I don't remember what hit me anyway.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Sirotan posted:

Where did you find this video of me on Saturday night?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
These Hoke quotes are giving me a concussion.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Do The Shane Morris
Do The Shane Morris
Stumble 'round staggeringly
Do The Shane Morris
Wave bye to the haters
wave bye to the haters
Do The Shane Morris

Action Saxxon
Dec 21, 2004

Please be Baaaaack.
If you're going to deflect every important question regarding concussions, have your statement from the medical department ready to go at the beginning of the presser. How do they not have the statement ready to go 36+ hours after the incident occurred? Hoke is even more reprehensible in my view now.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Seriously though, if I saw that video in a vacuum I would say those mannerisms were from a man that was absurdly drunk.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Sirotan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GOuseeGK3w

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Is this real? I mean, really real?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

kayakyakr posted:

Is this real? I mean, really real?

No. They haven't released an official statement yet.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

#BHK5H

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

"I'm ok," Morris said. "I don't even remember what you were asking"

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Nussmeier in the press conference now

quote:

@MaxACohen 1:20 PM
Nussmeier says he didn't see the hit on Morris.

quote:

@MaxACohen 1:25 PM
"Everything happens so fast down there," Nussmeier when asked if he motioned for Shane to stay down after hit.

So like, none of the coaching staff was looking in the general direction of the QB? Or on the giant televisions when it got replayed?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
MGoBlog's first impression of Brady Hoke, from the 2007 "coaching search"

http://mgoblog.com/content/profiles-cronyism-brady-hoke

quote:

For those of you who are not Jason Whitlock and thus know nothing about the Ball State football program, like all red-blooded Americans should, Brady Hoke is its head coach.

quote:

Potential Catches: Potential "catches"? The whole drat thing is one big catch! Even in the realm of people who Michigan would approach after getting turned down by everyone -- EVERYONE -- there are vastly preferable candidates: Ron English. Mike Trgovic. Glen Mason. Jon Chait. Me. The Golden Retriever from "Air Bud: Golden Receiver." Mussolini, who is dead. Dick Vitale. Sigourney Weaver. Richard Nixon's penis. Sigourney Weaver's penis. All of these people and organs don't have a track record that suggests they are a below average MAC coach. It is in this way they are superior to Brady Hoke.

Would He Take The Job? Yes.

Overall Attractiveness: Awful. Awful, awful, awful. The worst possible candidate. The mere idea this guy -- who's never even been a coordinator anywhere and has his MAC team performing at a level well below the program's historical baseline -- could get the job is infuriating. Only at Michigan could this happen, and if it does I guarantee you that Bo is going to haunt the mofo that signs the contract.

a comment from December 2010 posted:

This Brady Hoke thing is starting to pick up a alot of steam on the premium boards. He seems to be a legit candidate to the throne, if a change is made. I honestly hope this isn't the case, but it does make a little sense. I heard a couple of months ago from an employee in the AD that Dave Brandon has a mancrush on Brady Hoke. At first I thought she was out of her mind and laughed it off until it started picking up steam on the premiums. I really do not know what to think anymore.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

look man, tv is expensive. you think we can afford to watch the game?? what are we millionaires?? not our problem.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Hashtag HireRonEnglish

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

This would never have happened if Jim Harbaugh was head coach. Jim would have yelled at Morris to get up you pussy and then he would have screamed at the officials and thrown his headset and then grimaced for 15 seconds

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Drew Sharp ‏@drewsharp 1m
This press conference was Brady Hoke's fourth loss of the season.

gently caress Drew Sharp but this tweet owns.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
So have they made any comment about whether he actually has a concussion or not? I mean, I assume that after the game somebody took a look at him. Right?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
"Everything I know of, no"

then he passed the buck to the medical staff

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Detroit_Dogg posted:

"Everything I know of, no"

then he passed the buck to the medical staff

Does this mean "I don't know anything"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Hashtag HireRonEnglish

• Locked thread