Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

NNID is Ometeotl

I made the fatal error of pursuing Cucco. I ended up beating the golden one, but one of the fodder cucco killed me a second or two later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Widestancer posted:

My NNID is WIDESTANCER please make sure that you do NOT report my miiverse posts

Looking forward to this poo poo

Impaired Casing
Jul 1, 2012

We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents.

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Anyone having trouble downloading the Ganondorf costumes? I get an error with Paper Mario every time. Luckily it doesn't use up the To Do List option.
Says something about site maintenance. Is Paper Mario trying to bullshit me???????????

When I did the thing last night, it took like 20 minutes after I finished to get the code under the "To Do List" option. But I know during that free pokemon game a few months ago it took hours to get it to go through. It'd give me errors, not load, and then would load, then clonk out at the very end.

Also, my ID is ImpairedCasing if anyone wants to add me.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
My NNID is Dionysian

I'm sure Widestancers miiverse posts are totally fine and normal

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm so drat salty, trying to get the level 3 ball n chain. I can beat it fast enough but the game bugged out and played the animation for argarok getting up when it had died which hit me and made me lose my damage score :argh:

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Er OK I'll rephrase to ask everyone . . . Are people finding the local co-op experience pleasant? I had heard about technical issues/framerate drops/resolution drops/etc. If it's only fun solo then I'll just wait for it to go on sale I think, I've got plenty of single player games in my backlog.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

HondaCivet posted:

Er OK I'll rephrase to ask everyone . . . Are people finding the local co-op experience pleasant? I had heard about technical issues/framerate drops/resolution drops/etc. If it's only fun solo then I'll just wait for it to go on sale I think, I've got plenty of single player games in my backlog.

I've noticed slight frame drops playing co-op, but nothing that has impacted my enjoyment of the game. I've played almost exclusively co-op since I got the game and have been having an absolute blast. I'm jealous of Player 2 being able to be any character in story missions even.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Hopping on the NNID train! Add Silver_Falcon for adventure mode stuff!

(I'll also be getting Smash Bros. for sure so you can also add me for that if you need some other reason.)

Anyway, this game is tons of fun! I'm actually surprised at how much I like it, considering I have never touched a Dynasty Warriors game in my life. It's just so drat satisfying to mow down hordes of mooks while doing silly anime poses.

I've got a question though. Anybody have the player's guide to this game? Is it worth getting? I'd like to have a handy list of all the combos and such for all the characters and I imagine online references will be incomplete for awhile.

HondaCivet posted:

I've been co-oping with my husband and we are both having a blast! The game is way easier with two people, and a hell of a lot more fun, in my opinion. There's framerate drops, but that's about it.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.

Eej posted:

He grows more features every time you fight him and when his final form is literally a Ganondorf crossed with Akuma and it's probably one of the coolest end boss fights in Zelda.

Yeah, from the research I did Demise seemed cool. The Imprisoned not so much.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Man I can't beat the Adventure Map where you have to play as Fi and fight the Imprison and his two kids. One hit from his stomp knocks 1/4 of your HP out, and Fi barely does decent damage to him.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Groose is also the best character in Skyward Sword and I wish he was DLC playable.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Rirse posted:

Man I can't beat the Adventure Map where you have to play as Fi and fight the Imprison and his two kids. One hit from his stomp knocks 1/4 of your HP out, and Fi barely does decent damage to him.

Do not listen to the threads lies, Y does nothing until the imprisoned as it just gives your attack a light element which only works on imprisoned. When you get to him just focus on saving your A attacks for when his feet start shooting lightning so you can instant down him. When you win you'll notice you probably don't have a A rank, just uh... save that for when you get a better goddess sword unlocked. It isn't worth the headache.

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

jivjov posted:

I've noticed slight frame drops playing co-op, but nothing that has impacted my enjoyment of the game. I've played almost exclusively co-op since I got the game and have been having an absolute blast. I'm jealous of Player 2 being able to be any character in story missions even.
Same here. There's infrequent slowdown but I'm having a lot of fun in co-op, more than I would be by myself.

Wish the game looked as pretty as it does in singleplayer, but it doesn't affect my enjoyment.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
What the hell, NNID is mlernerlam88, I dunno if it'll help because the Network Links seem wonky, but at least we'll most likely be SETTLING IT IN SMASH in a couple of months. I'll add people when I get back from work.

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

Eej posted:

Groose is also the best character in Skyward Sword and I wish he was DLC playable.
That reminds me, there hasn't been any news about what the DLC characters are going to be, right? The villains are free DLC, so that means the ones in the packs have to be new characters, doesn't it? It'd be cool if the Majora pack gave us the skull kid.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

Star Guarded posted:

That reminds me, there hasn't been any news about what the DLC characters are going to be, right? The villains are free DLC, so that means the ones in the packs have to be new characters, doesn't it? It'd be cool if the Majora pack gave us the skull kid.

I think Skull Kid is pretty much a guarantee. The second character though is up in the air. I'd like to see Deku Link or the Happy Mask Salesman. Maybe Majora's Incarnation, run around the map dancing on dudes?

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
If it's not Mikau or Zora Link shredding hordes of enemies to pieces with his fish-guitar this game is dead to me.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

There's also a character for the Twilight Princess DLC. I'm really curious as to who they could pull for that, Twilight Princess Midna seems like the obvious answer. Also the weapon so better be the Spinner.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

Oxyclean posted:

There's also a character for the Twilight Princess DLC. I'm really curious as to who they could pull for that, Twilight Princess Midna seems like the obvious answer.

Yeto-Yeta Ice Climbers style 2-in-1 character :colbert:

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Midna had two weapons during the e3 build so her true form as a weapon in the TP pack would make sense. There's a bunch of characters you could go with for a character, Hero's shade maybe?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
If Groose with a miniaturized groosenator /bazooka doesn't make it I will be disappointed so bad.

gecs
Oct 23, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

There's also a character for the Twilight Princess DLC. I'm really curious as to who they could pull for that, Twilight Princess Midna seems like the obvious answer. Also the weapon so better be the Spinner.

Everyone knows it needs to be Malo.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

gecs posted:

He doesn't even kill enemies, he charges em exorbitant prices for things then they starve to death.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

My NNID is mattcruea. I'm starting Adventure Mode proper tonight. Gotta get them gauntlets.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
My NNID is Riftling. I just beat Legend mode. Now I can play the real game! :toot:

Mayheim
Jun 15, 2006
Whoever designed the missions involving Lana and the deku spear deserves to be slapped.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

gecs posted:

Only if the Malo mart theme is playing all the time, or at least incorporated into a combo or his special.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD_N2bTGXEs

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

My NNID is Zaggitz. I finally unlocked great fairy and summoning gate, it's rank 2 hunting time.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Old Man and Shopkeeper for DLC.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

loving finally :negative:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's bad

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost
I am pleasantly surprised by how much fun this game is. NNID is Underwhelmed

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Are you kidding me.
I need to get those asap so give me tips on that mission

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
NNID = greenizdabest

I added everyone up yo this point.

This game loving owns but holy poo poo can adventure mode stuff it up your rear end.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Hello here's how to play Dorf: Never use his C4, use his C2 to hit weak points in one hit, use his C5 to hit huge monster hit points real quick, use his C6 to look cool, and use his fully charged Strong Attack to kill Captains in almost one hit.

The GIG fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Sep 30, 2014

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Is there a way to take screenshots on the WiiU?

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

NNID is mastajake

I love playing adventure mode, so add me! If I can pull away from the game long enough I'll work on adding people too.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Also NNID is Mister-Gig

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Emalde posted:

Is there a way to take screenshots on the WiiU?

Press the home button when you want to take a screen shot and post to miiverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Calaveron posted:

Are you kidding me.
I need to get those asap so give me tips on that mission

I just equipped the hardest hitting thing I could and went after Lana and her assload of poes and spammed the special attack whenever I got it. When all the ghosts were cleared and I had the nearby enemy keep I ran to Ruto ignoring everything else and repeated there. Cleared the last commanding ghost in the keep with the fairy and when enemies rushed my base I just let them while I got the boss key and beat up zelda.

Argarok comes flying in and I rush in there ignoring whatever dumb bullshit the map threw at me and waited for my chance to yyxxx him (the thunder punch combo) which instant crushed his meter and took off about 45% health each time. Finished it with a final world flip special and that's that.

• Locked thread