Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Oxyclean posted:

Press the home button when you want to take a screen shot and post to miiverse.

:aaa:

Fantastic, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strenots
Jun 21, 2005

'Course it's a good idea!

I'm having an absolute blast with this game. NNID is Strenots.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Goddamnit 5 loving seconds too long to get the level 2 Nagitana. :argh:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

This is a good game. timg'd for story spoilers.

Cia is more or less the Zelda fanbase.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
hey dudes add me NNID: bonzibuddy64

I just got the first Rewards map from completing the first Skulltula illustration and it's insanely good for grinding out rupees, EXP, materials and weapon drops. The objective of the map is to "recruit" one of six neutral characters, then fight against the other 5 characters and finish the map. But you can just run around and kill about 1000 'red' monsters, without recruiting anybody, and the hostile monsters will get all of the neutral characters down to 1%, so you can run around and pick them off and collect their weapons/materials. It's super good for grinding out seals on weapons, and really useful if you have a good weapon with Slots+ and Stars+ on it. If I'm bored it's my go-to mission to just gently caress around, kill poo poo and get a ton of goodies for it. You also get a 40k rupee bonus every time you clear it. It owns

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

My nintendo ID is 'conceitedguy.' I still have no idea what the online functionality in this game is though, lol.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

conceitedguy posted:

My nintendo ID is 'conceitedguy.' I still have no idea what the online functionality in this game is though, lol.

It's all for adventure mode - basically people will pop up on your adventure mode map, and they'll have a li'l mission for ya, and they give out really really good weapon rewards. I think Oxyclean got a 5-star rank 3 flame rod from doing one of my missions. It says the person you complete the mission for gets a bonus too, but I haven't had anything like that come up for me.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

bonzibuddy64 posted:

It's all for adventure mode - basically people will pop up on your adventure mode map, and they'll have a li'l mission for ya, and they give out really really good weapon rewards. I think Oxyclean got a 5-star rank 3 flame rod from doing one of my missions. It says the person you complete the mission for gets a bonus too, but I haven't had anything like that come up for me.

I got a message the other day that a friend helped me and I think I got 50k Rupees + an "experience bonus" or something.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Do random people show up too or just friends?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

I just thought it was really strange how much they made her obsess over Link.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Emalde posted:

Fantastic, thank you.

If you want full res images, do the HOME menu thing, but instead of going to Miiverse, click the browser and go to an image uploading website and upload as if you were uploading from your computer's harddrive.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

SeANMcBAY posted:

Do random people show up too or just friends?

Random people will show up, but you get better rewards from friends.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Mr E posted:

She's pretty creepy but I couldn't stop laughing anyway when I entered her boss room.

Junubee
Feb 24, 2004

Cut it out, the players don't want to hear my problems.
Please add my NNID: Junubee

I need more weapons!

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Mr E posted:

From what I understand of the average Zelda fan it seemed pretty appropriate to me.

Also my NNID is EvilCanadian.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

NNID is kr0jar, add me please!

Not sure if capitalization is required so if that doesn't work try all caps.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
Sheik is SO much fun to play with. She is totally OP. I am able to take keeps quick now.

I always have my water shield up. Now I take no damage. If my shield is broken cast another one right away.

When you see a bunch of enemies, trap them in the Nocturne of Shadow Black Hole, then drop a Bolero of Fire on them. Run around with a Song of Storms lightning shield, and man.

I just beat the Water Temple Zelda boss battle and it felt so good using Sheik's elemental attacks. I'm playing the game how it is meant to be played now. Thank you goons for all the suggestions and the great original posting on how to fight properly.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

Ometeotl posted:

If you want full res images, do the HOME menu thing, but instead of going to Miiverse, click the browser and go to an image uploading website and upload as if you were uploading from your computer's harddrive.

I had been wanting high resolution screen captures. If only I knew this earlier. Thank you for letting me know about this though. So, a website like imgur dot com would work for this? That's pretty sweet.

edit: Sorry for the double post.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My NNID is AchyHippo, feel free to add me.

You guys where right about the gauntlets, shits fun.

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

Oh my god, Impa's naginata weapon.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Spectacle Rock posted:

I had been wanting high resolution screen captures. If only I knew this earlier. Thank you for letting me know about this though. So, a website like imgur dot com would work for this? That's pretty sweet.

edit: Sorry for the double post.

Technically yes, but imgur's kind of bad about compression, so I'd suggest a site like minus

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

Ometeotl posted:

Technically yes, but imgur's kind of bad about compression, so I'd suggest a site like minus

Thanks for the tip.

I'm glad that this can be done, but why can't Nintendo just give us an option to "save screen capture in a loss-less format to an SD Card or something."

Nintendo seems to try to embrace new ideas, but they always stop just short of making it really good; the exception being the quality of the games themselves.

Cross Virtual Console on 3DS/WiiU for free? Nope.
Nintendo 64 VC games being made to natively work in Wii U mode? Nope.
Replays in Smash Bros Brawl for the Wii? Only if they are about 2 minutes in length.
Boot up certain Wii U games that don't require the Gamepad without the Gamepad being turned on? Nope.
Use the Youtube App using something other than the Gamepad? Nope.

To their credit, they have done a few things very right lately. They patched Mario Kart 8 which was already great and fixed some minor issues. Great DLC coming soon for it. They are giving us a Gamecube Controller adapter for Smash Bros. In short, they are making much better decisions, but still have their loveable flaws.

Also, I miss SwapNote and that 3D Art Studio thing that we'll never get now. Why didn't Nintendo just patch the software to ban the sending of photographs? Shutting down all messages was overkill and killed the best 3DS app there was :(

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Star Guarded posted:

Oh my god, Impa's naginata weapon.

Never stop comboing.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

Evil Eagle posted:

Temple of Souls is creepy as hell. It looks cool, there's Link statues and Zelda memorabilia everywhere (King Zora fountains :allears:).

But then it slowly dawns on you that you're inside Cia's weird stalker fantasy palace and she's been making shrines to all these Links through all these eras for all eternity.:ohdear:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
But all those images are off HW Link. :confused:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I like Fi, Darunia, and Link the best so far. I also only just discovered that I can block attacks, but I still prefer spamming A.

NNID is ConstabLemon also. I'd like to see one of these adventure map things

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

LordHippoman posted:

Temple of Souls is creepy as hell. It looks cool, there's Link statues and Zelda memorabilia everywhere (King Zora fountains :allears:).

But then it slowly dawns on you that you're inside Cia's weird stalker fantasy palace and she's been making shrines to all these Links through all these eras for all eternity.:ohdear:

Yeah. It's a shame the actual cutscenes don't play up this element of Cia's personality more, because she's potentially one of the most interesting (and creepiest) villains in Zelda history.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

Alteisen posted:

But all those images are off HW Link. :confused:

The pictures are, I meant the statue of Wolf Link and OOT Link with the Ocaraina in the garden.

FighterKnuckles
Apr 17, 2010

The truth is in sight!
I am down for mutual benefiting goons to better beat up poo poo. My NNID is FighterK.

I have a question. I am just having a bastard's time trying to beat the mission in Adventure mode to get Zelda's level 2 baton. Every time I try, I do really well, but Wizro just hits me for too much damage at once, and I get a B for damage taken. I think the problem is its just too difficult to get in on him to whack down his Weak Spot meter. Any ideas?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Rocketlex posted:

Yeah. It's a shame the actual cutscenes don't play up this element of Cia's personality more, because she's potentially one of the most interesting (and creepiest) villains in Zelda history.

As lol as her design is, I actually like her alright. She's appropriately creepy. :shrug:

She also looks like a lot of fun to play, so do Volga and Wizro. Really there haven't been any characters so far that I don't like- I haven't been able to say that about any other Warriors game I've played. Honestly I think that the game benefits a lot from having a relatively small, tightly focused cast.

The special attack with Link's Gauntlets is the greatest ever, I can't use Seismic Toss enough. :v:

^edit: Never stop dodging until he uses the beam or the 360 bullet hell spam. His weak gauge after using either lasts a decently long time. Don't rely on blocking too much, he throws out a whole lot of hits.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Sep 30, 2014

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

THE loving MOON posted:

As lol as her design is, I actually like her alright. She's appropriately creepy. :shrug:

It works if you imagine she dresses like that because she's hoping ~*Link*~ will notice her.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

My brain had tricked me into thinking one of the DLC packs was a Skyward Sword pack that included a new character. I was absolutely sure they were adding Groose, but they're just doing a Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask pack? I can't believe this.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Tecmo-Koei said they wanted to support the game for the long haul. Doubtful but maybe they'll do a second season pass or something.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Okay, I still don't loving get the elemental keeps in adventure mode! I go to the keep with the fairy in it, clear out the enemies, beat the Keep Boss, get the little "You've rescued the elemental fairy of [element]!" message, and I still take constant damage in the protected keeps! There are two different maps it's given me trouble on. Right now I'm in the bottom row, it's a forest stage you have to use a candle on and there's an A reward for Sheik, but besides the fact that the Mom Cucco is following me around and the end boss is the Dragon Knight himself, I take too much damage just tanking the keep and always get a B on that metric. :(

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
I didn't get the hype for Sheik until I started Adventure Mode. On Legend Mode/Hard, her lightning AoE was piss-weak and did more to piss me off with the knockback than it helped. On the early Adventure Mode stages, you can just cast it and run through everything and watch entire screens die.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm looking at the characters in Twilight Princess, and the only one I can see them doing aside from the lame option of wolf link or humanoid midna, is Mayor Bo. He'd wear the iron boots and sumo wrestle everything.

Bicyclops posted:

Okay, I still don't loving get the elemental keeps in adventure mode! I go to the keep with the fairy in it, clear out the enemies, beat the Keep Boss, get the little "You've rescued the elemental fairy of [element]!" message, and I still take constant damage in the protected keeps! There are two different maps it's given me trouble on. Right now I'm in the bottom row, it's a forest stage you have to use a candle on and there's an A reward for Sheik, but besides the fact that the Mom Cucco is following me around and the end boss is the Dragon Knight himself, I take too much damage just tanking the keep and always get a B on that metric. :(

The fairy becomes an item that you have to actually use whilst in the keep.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

I just unlocked Great Fairy and oh my gosh she is the most overpowered weapon in the game. Full invulnerability during any Y move, insane damage, 0 knockback no matter what. Gee whiz.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Tecmo-Koei said they wanted to support the game for the long haul. Doubtful but maybe they'll do a second season pass or something.

"Season Pass" is kind of a misleading term, I don't think I've ever seen any game get more than one. Every game gets cancelled after one season like a FOX show. :v:

The boss update is supposed to be dropping tomorrow in Japan, but I haven't seen anything yet about when it's coming stateside. Anyone else know different?

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

I got to take the multiplayer for a spin today. Unfortunately, I accidentally left the Pro controller at home, so my co-op partner had to use the Wiimote. It's a good thing I got help, too, because the mission I was trying to do was beating my rear end when I tried it solo. We got A rank in kills and time on the first go, but a C on damage because he got his poo poo wrecked by Wizzro the first time. The second and third times, we only got a B on kills, so after that I said three tries was plenty.

Also my NNID is MechaCrash, and I will go on an adding spree in the morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

The fairy is an item you have to use (it's in a bottle, naturally). This is still a Zelda game :cmon:.

mabels big day posted:

I'm looking at the characters in Twilight Princess, and the only one I can see them doing aside from the lame option of wolf link or humanoid midna, is Mayor Bo. He'd wear the iron boots and sumo wrestle everything.

That one female knight whose name I can't remember would be cool. Or perhaps the regal King Bulblin on his boar.

• Locked thread