Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

Okay, I still don't loving get the elemental keeps in adventure mode! I go to the keep with the fairy in it, clear out the enemies, beat the Keep Boss, get the little "You've rescued the elemental fairy of [element]!" message, and I still take constant damage in the protected keeps! There are two different maps it's given me trouble on. Right now I'm in the bottom row, it's a forest stage you have to use a candle on and there's an A reward for Sheik, but besides the fact that the Mom Cucco is following me around and the end boss is the Dragon Knight himself, I take too much damage just tanking the keep and always get a B on that metric. :(

Pick up the fairy, it shows up on your item list along with your bow/bombs etc. Use it while you are inside the elemental fort.

edit: beaten :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wow gently caress Manhandla in the Adventure Mode map where they keep spawning while trying to get 700 kills. Dunno if it because of Lana and Impa empowering the enemies, but one shot from their laserbeam knocked Zelda from full health to near death.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
It's a lot easier to guess what characters/weapons we'll get in the Majora's Mask pack. If the TP one isn't humanoid Midna it's probably going to end up being somebody I'll only remember after I see a picture. :v:

edit: I actually thought that Agitha was also a HW original character until I looked it up. :downs:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ALL THIS TIME ALL I HAD TO DO WAS PRESS THE drat ARROW KEY AND A SHOULDER BUTTON?!

I'm hurling myself into the Zora River. Please pick up my corpse before it runs into Gerudo valley and they defile it.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

THE loving MOON posted:

It's a lot easier to guess what characters/weapons we'll get in the Majora's Mask pack. If the TP one isn't humanoid Midna it's probably going to end up being somebody I'll only remember after I see a picture. :v:

edit: I actually thought that Agitha was also a HW original character until I looked it up. :downs:

It's okay, I saw her and was like "Wow, young Zelda has a WEIRD design in this game." Then I saw the screenshots and remembered "Oh, the bug girl! Really?"

I like Agitha being in the game, though. (Even though I haven't unlocked her) Opens the doors for all kinds of ridiculous minor characters for DLC. Speaking of which, my initial bets for the 3 unknowns are King Bulbin from TP (or Wolf Link if they decide to go :effort:) and Skull Kid/Tingle for MM.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I hope the TP DLC character is the cool skeleton guy, well that's my post.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
No... no :negative:

I just tried Midna's tier 2 weapon mission like 4 times. First time I got the skulltulla and heart pieces and failed. Second time, I got all that, won, but was a few second over. Third time I took too much damage from rushing.

Finally, finally I rocked the mission. And my Wii U crashes before the score screen. I hate this level and its stupid overpowered Dinolfos.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

LordHippoman posted:

It's okay, I saw her and was like "Wow, young Zelda has a WEIRD design in this game." Then I saw the screenshots and remembered "Oh, the bug girl! Really?"

I like Agitha being in the game, though. (Even though I haven't unlocked her) Opens the doors for all kinds of ridiculous minor characters for DLC. Speaking of which, my initial bets for the 3 unknowns are King Bulbin from TP (or Wolf Link if they decide to go :effort:) and Skull Kid/Tingle for MM.

I'd be cool with Tingle, but my heart lies with the Happy Mask Salesman. :allears:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I hope the TP DLC character is the cool skeleton guy, well that's my post.

I wouldn't mind Skeleton Link as well. But odds are likely someone random like one of the resistance group members or humaonid Midna.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

You know what I love about this game? Remember all the artwork from Ocarina of Time of Link and Shiek fighting hordes of skeletons and lizalfos? This game is basically that artwork.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

THE loving MOON posted:

As lol as her design is, I actually like her alright. She's appropriately creepy. :shrug:

She also looks like a lot of fun to play, so do Volga and Wizro. Really there haven't been any characters so far that I don't like- I haven't been able to say that about any other Warriors game I've played. Honestly I think that the game benefits a lot from having a relatively small, tightly focused cast.

The special attack with Link's Gauntlets is the greatest ever, I can't use Seismic Toss enough. :v:

^edit: Never stop dodging until he uses the beam or the 360 bullet hell spam. His weak gauge after using either lasts a decently long time. Don't rely on blocking too much, he throws out a whole lot of hits.

designs no more weird than some other female villains in the series, like Twinrova and Veran.

she's a cool and powerful female character and I can't wait to play her

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Is there something I'm not getting about Ruto or does she just really suck? Everything she does is so drat slow and leaves her wide open. Like she seems deku spear bad.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I posted how to play her before. She's not awful and neither is the deku spear. i swear to god not having a custom av is like a curse.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

DrPaper posted:

designs no more weird than some other female villains in the series, like Twinrova and Veran.

Or the Great Fairy. Huh. I guess I'm just blinded by nostalgia.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

chumbler posted:

Is there something I'm not getting about Ruto or does she just really suck? Everything she does is so drat slow and leaves her wide open. Like she seems deku spear bad.

She's total poo poo if your just mashing light attack, build up her meter via her finishers (more enemies she hits more she charges) then just use her normal heavy attack to fire devastating waves that deal absurd damage and knock back. It's nuts.

Also why is everything with the ball and chain brutal? Fighting another character like Lana who's text box is "Let's have a fun sparring match :)" and Link hefts a boulder up and loving smashes it over her head, Zelda is talking about bringing light to Hyrule and nope Link just punches a spiked ball into her head with his fist. I can't stop laughing at how over the top it is.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
You should also just mash Y with Ruto for the easiest Giant Boss weakness gauge killer in the game. She's extremely good.

Henker
May 5, 2009

Is it just me or is Fi completely awful against bosses and mini-bosses?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

She's total poo poo if your just mashing light attack, build up her meter via her finishers (more enemies she hits more she charges) then just use her normal heavy attack to fire devastating waves that deal absurd damage and knock back. It's nuts.

Also why is everything with the ball and chain brutal? Fighting another character like Lana who's text box is "Let's have a fun sparring match :)" and Link hefts a boulder up and loving smashes it over her head, Zelda is talking about bringing light to Hyrule and nope Link just punches a spiked ball into her head with his fist. I can't stop laughing at how over the top it is.

I will have to try that, but man her strong attack leaves her wide open and it's hard to get used to that after Impa.

Also the best animation in the game is Darunia riding a hot beat back to his home planet.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

For them, it IS a sparring match.

You kinda get the tone of the whole piece from the intro. Link causes an energy boom as a cadet, and no one gives a damm.

gecs
Oct 23, 2010
Whoever thought of combining the gauntlets with the ball and chain was a loving genius. Are the lightning fists a reference to something that I'm forgetting, or are they there because crashing a loving stone pillar into your enemies just isn't :black101: enough?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Hey my NNID is New_Red_Comet. Not quite sure what the network component of this game is though.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
I find it hilarious that I love pretty much all the DW spinoff games, and HATE dynasty warriors. This game is great, by the way.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Bloodly posted:

For them, it IS a sparring match.

You kinda get the tone of the whole piece from the intro. Link causes an energy boom as a cadet, and no one gives a damm.

To be fair he was using a training sword and he bopped a guy on the head who was wearing a helmet, dude didn't even fall over.

Slighty teeny tiny difference when you have a golden spike death ball.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

I posted how to play her before. She's not awful and neither is the deku spear. i swear to god not having a custom av is like a curse.

I call foul sir! The little ? next to your post tells me you've only posted 5 times, and none of those posts have mentioned either her or the Deku spear outside of this one.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76MAZVdo3OU

New Trailer for Cia is out, plus a peek at the DLC stuff. The new costumes are outfits for Cia and Lana based on their look before poo poo went south.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdbGOOn9nsI

Huh. Moveset's here, if you care.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Sep 30, 2014

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cia and both of those costumes look cool, particularly because it gives an option to replace Lana's dumb costume with. And I really want to see how they're going to make the horse work. I mean it's not as weird as the great fairy, but still.

More importantly though, where the hell is the Volga trailer?

vvvv That's like asking Ganondorf not to laugh. Rude.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Sep 30, 2014

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I really really really hope Cia doesn't laugh quite that much in actual play...that sounds hideously annoying.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

chumbler posted:

Cia and both of those costumes look cool, particularly because it gives an option to replace Lana's dumb costume with. And I really want to see how they're going to make the horse work. I mean it's not as weird as the great fairy, but still.

More importantly though, where the hell is the Volga trailer?

Given that all three are coming in the same patch...give it a few days?

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Very cute costumes, however looks weird on Cia. Nice all around though.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Gamecity has more info plus renders in the characters area, but it's all in Japanese.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

You're getting a side campaign along with the characters. Nice.

(Google translate; I don't know Japanese.)

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

This may be a stupid question, but does anyone know if Hyrule Warriors allows you to download the DLC before you get the game? I know with most games it doesn't matter, but sometimes games need to create save data before you can install DLC data, so I figured I'd ask before putting in my Amazon code tonight.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

THE loving MOON posted:

"Season Pass" is kind of a misleading term, I don't think I've ever seen any game get more than one. Every game gets cancelled after one season like a FOX show. :v:

Didn't Gearbox do multiple season passes for Borderlands 2? I remember it being a big point of contention because they implied the original season pass would give you all the DLC but then they randomly decided the "season" was over and released a bunch more DLC that required a second pass.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Didn't Gearbox do multiple season passes for Borderlands 2? I remember it being a big point of contention because they implied the original season pass would give you all the DLC but then they randomly decided the "season" was over and released a bunch more DLC that required a second pass.

Nope. The Season pass included all the campaign DLC, but the 2 bonus characters and the costume stuff was always separate.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Season Passes get you a season of DLC

Injustice had a season pass and then had more DLC after the season. Dunno about BL2, but with Injustice they were upfront about the amount of content the pack would contain, and people were still mad that DLC released long after the pass was fully honored weren't included.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

jivjov posted:

Nope. The Season pass included all the campaign DLC, but the 2 bonus characters and the costume stuff was always separate.

Maybe it was some other game then, I can't help but associate all that idiotic bullshit with Gearbox.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I've never understood the disdain for "season passes". Its kinda an nonsensical term, given that video games don't have seasons like sports or tv shows or something, but all the season passes I've seen clearly outline what is and isn't included, and anyone getting upset about not every single piece of content ever released for a game is just someone who failed to read the fine print of they purchased.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

jivjov posted:

I've never understood the disdain for "season passes". Its kinda an nonsensical term, given that video games don't have seasons like sports or tv shows or something, but all the season passes I've seen clearly outline what is and isn't included, and anyone getting upset about not every single piece of content ever released for a game is just someone who failed to read the fine print of they purchased.

bioshocks infinite didn't really, was very vague and people got a challenge mode (when they were expecting story) and then the story one was broken into two parts in what seemed like just an attempt to fill out the promise of 3 DLC packs.

Outside of that it's pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Master Quest DLC is already available in Japan, so go check out Miiverse if you want a look at the new content.

• Locked thread