Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Wild Knight posted:

After playing this game, I really want Nintendo to trust Omega Force with one more of their franchises.

I've joked about it before but holy poo poo, Fire Emblem Warriors would make so much sense.

They should really stick with the formula and if you in story mode kill a general, they are dead for the rest of the story, the same applies for any minor general with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

I will get at all that dlc content years from now when they re-release this as GOTY edition for 20 bucks. I'm not going to pay another 20 a pop for some dorky 8-bit weapons.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Now this is a recolor I was not expecting.
Spoilers so linking it.
http://imgur.com/70Ypeji

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

5er posted:

I will get at all that dlc content years from now when they re-release this as GOTY edition for 20 bucks. I'm not going to pay another 20 a pop for some dorky 8-bit weapons.

See you then!

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

5er posted:

Nintendo hasn't embraced that model yet. They probably will once they also embrace yearly installments of the same game like it's Assassin's Creed.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

5er posted:

20 a pop? isn't it 20 dollars for all future (announced) dlc?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Mercury Crusader posted:

A giant 8-bit arrow like the one from classic old school video game The Legend of Zelda for the NES Minecraft

I get the 8-bit; but why an ARROW?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

20 a pop? isn't it 20 dollars for all future (announced) dlc?

Yeah, gets you everything announced up to like January next year, I think.

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Just picked this up last night and played through the first level. Pretty fun although I'm looking forward to getting way more dudes/weapons/items, vanilla soldier Link isn't too exciting.

I kind of wish they didn't let Tecmo/Team Ninja/whoever add new characters though, they just look kind of weird with the gang because they're so anime-y. And yeah, didn't really need giant anti-gravity boobs in my Zelda thank you.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

HondaCivet posted:

Just picked this up last night and played through the first level. Pretty fun although I'm looking forward to getting way more dudes/weapons/items, vanilla soldier Link isn't too exciting.

I kind of wish they didn't let Tecmo/Team Ninja/whoever add new characters though, they just look kind of weird with the gang because they're so anime-y. And yeah, didn't really need giant anti-gravity boobs in my Zelda thank you.

Pyramid tits are alright though.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I don't think Lana is too out of place. She reminds me of Nayru from Oracle of Ages

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
I'm having a hard time justifying DLC because there's already soooo much in the game. I just got to the playable Ganondorf, a couple missions after the first(?) split in the path. Only a quarter of the way through adventure. Still haven't A-ranked everything or gotten most of the t-2 weapons, much less t3?

I'm loving the game and want to support it, I'm just stuck looking at the purple 25k kills for the Master Sword unlock that's gated behind the rest of the game and doubtful I'll even finish that. Much less additional content beyond.
e:

HondaCivet posted:

Agreed.

JawnV6 fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Sep 30, 2014

Mayheim
Jun 15, 2006
Where does Hyrule Warriors fit into this timeline?

Mayheim
Jun 15, 2006

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

With the exception of Lana, it kinda feels like all the Tecmo characters take a backseat, what with them not being playable until the DLC. I think a worse developer would have thrown in Zelda, Link, Shiek and maybe one or two other Zelda characters and filled the rest of the roster with new characters rather then trying to think of clever ways to make existing Zelda characters work.

That said I like how Lana plays but boy do I hate her vocalizations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

How is it that in this glorious year of 2014 I cannot just shove phrases into Google and come out with a complete guide to Adventure Mode that lists the rewards for every square and the requirements for getting each of them? What is this, the Stone Age, where I have to look for cave walls that have Bradygames Strategy Guides scrawled on them?

I have Skulltulas and heart pieces to find that weren't obvious to me after playing a square two or three times here, Gamefaqs!

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

bonzibuddy64 posted:

I don't think Lana is too out of place. She reminds me of Nayru from Oracle of Ages

Yeah, kinda, but she does feel a little "Japanese Pop Idol"-ish to me too.

While Cia just seems like a stereotypical anime villain lady, like from that old anime Yatterman.

Though Cia's motivations and stuff are entertaining, at least.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

How is it that in this glorious year of 2014 I cannot just shove phrases into Google and come out with a complete guide to Adventure Mode that lists the rewards for every square and the requirements for getting each of them? What is this, the Stone Age, where I have to look for cave walls that have Bradygames Strategy Guides scrawled on them?

I have Skulltulas and heart pieces to find that weren't obvious to me after playing a square two or three times here, Gamefaqs!

The second Skulltula on an Adventure map will apparently only appear if you get 1200 kills on that map without losing more than 4 hearts. This is random Gamefaqs whispering, but it's worth a try.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Bicyclops posted:

How is it that in this glorious year of 2014 I cannot just shove phrases into Google and come out with a complete guide to Adventure Mode that lists the rewards for every square and the requirements for getting each of them?

I'd just like to point out that this is how the Manual recommends looking for tips to complete the game. I remember when that was a phone number :corsair:

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

Oxyclean posted:

With the exception of Lana, it kinda feels like all the Tecmo characters take a backseat, what with them not being playable until the DLC. I think a worse developer would have thrown in Zelda, Link, Shiek and maybe one or two other Zelda characters and filled the rest of the roster with new characters rather then trying to think of clever ways to make existing Zelda characters work.

That said I like how Lana plays but boy do I hate her vocalizations.

My favorite thing about Lana is how completely awkward her pose is after opening a chest.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Misandu posted:

My favorite thing about Lana is how completely awkward her pose is after opening a chest.

Speaking of chest opening animations, Ganondorf's is absolutely perfect for his character.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

The second Skulltula on an Adventure map will apparently only appear if you get 1200 kills on that map without losing more than 4 hearts. This is random Gamefaqs whispering, but it's worth a try.

Well, that's worth a go, at least!

I'd thought all the heart pieces in Adventure Mode were unlocked by taking keeps, but I took all of them in one scenario and definitely didn't get it, so some of them must be hidden in boulders on on hookshot ledges. The pace is too frantic for me to just wander like I would in a normal Zelda game.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Mayheim posted:

Where does Hyrule Warriors fit into this timeline?

The timeline where The Hero Fails Out of Hyschool and Joins the Army.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'm on the thought that Lana, Cia, and Agitha definitely feel a little out of place but it's less that they're ~anime~ (game's already hella anime) and more that they're just not Zelda characters and they stick out more than they should as a result.

I mean Impa's design in this game is mega anime but it doesn't really faze me because I just go "oh it's just good ol' Impa". Meanwhile Agitha kinda bugs me a bit (pun not intended) because I don't have that "oh it's just good ol' Agitha" connection with her.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

but... Agitha totally is a Zelda character?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Kaubocks posted:

I'm on the thought that Lana, Cia, and Agitha definitely feel a little out of place but it's less that they're ~anime~ (game's already hella anime) and more that they're just not Zelda characters and they stick out more than they should as a result.

I mean Impa's design in this game is mega anime but it doesn't really faze me because I just go "oh it's just good ol' Impa". Meanwhile Agitha kinda bugs me a bit (pun not intended) because I don't have that "oh it's just good ol' Agitha" connection with her.

Agitha is literally a Zelda character though :confused:

I mean, she wouldn't have been my first choice of TP characters to include either, but she's very definitely a Zelda character.

e: dammit Endorph

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
To be fair, Agitha was like the least important character in Twilight Princess

EDIT - I hope that the Cucco Lady from OoT is one of the characters added in DLC!!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Oh poo poo she's a Zelda character?

I gave up on Twilight Princess an hour in without ever hitting the first dungeon. My bad.

I know about Zant though at least. :shobon:

edit: wait maybe zant is a skyward sword character I don't even loving know anymore

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

zant is the villain of twilight princess, ghirahim is the villain of skyward sword

you can tell because zant's design is completely grey/black while ghirahim's actually has color

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The thing that doesn't make sense to me about Cia as a character, is if she wants Link so bad why not just show him those bomb rear end titties?

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog
Mind if I add my NNID into the OP? It's Krakatoah (I have a habit of using that name too much.)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

HJE-Cobra posted:

To be fair, Agitha was like the least important character in Twilight Princess

Hell, she was barely a character; she was just a collection quest turn-in.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Agitha is very Zelda in that she is a collectible sidequest character who seems vaguely insane and off-putting but somehow has tons of rewards to offer you for helping her with her weird, obsessive hobby. She's very Twilight Princess in that her design seems like Nintendo hired American McGee.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Why are you guys talking about rumors and gamefaqs whispers regarding skulltullas? The game specifically tells you exactly what the requirements are for each skulltulla in every level.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

greatn posted:

The thing that doesn't make sense to me about Cia as a character, is if she wants Link so bad why not just show him those bomb rear end titties?

Link is already engaged to Ruto. He's into the fishes.

Also I can't help but think a relationship with Link would be the shittiest thing imaginable. Everytime you tried to talk he'd be like "SKRAAAAAAAAAAAAH". The fairy would be buzzing around while you had sex. He never changes clothes more than once a game. Cia, seriously, you can probably do better. Like Groose.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

HJE-Cobra posted:

EDIT - I hope that the Cucco Lady from OoT is one of the characters added in DLC!!

The OoT (Master Quest) DLC doesn't have any bonus characters, so unless there's a version of her from MM or TP...

But for some reason I totally thought I remember hearing she was a character alongside Agitha - as they were both very unlikely inclusions - before the game came out.

quote:

He never changes clothes more than once a game. Cia, seriously, you can probably do better. Like Groose.

But most Zelda games have two tunics/armour upgrades :v:

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
I'm not even sold on this game and I'm mad that Groose isn't playable in it. :argh:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

Why are you guys talking about rumors and gamefaqs whispers regarding skulltullas? The game specifically tells you exactly what the requirements are for each skulltulla in every level.

To clarify, go to "Warrior Info" (I think) in the preparations menu.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLzxX_c1RJs

peak video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Metrohunter posted:

I'm not even sold on this game and I'm mad that Groose isn't playable in it. :argh:
He might be DLC?

• Locked thread