Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

This may be a stupid question, but does anyone know if Hyrule Warriors allows you to download the DLC before you get the game? I know with most games it doesn't matter, but sometimes games need to create save data before you can install DLC data, so I figured I'd ask before putting in my Amazon code tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

A friend of mine had some time to hang out today so we started up Hyrule Warriors. Co-op is a lot of fun, although I don't yet have a Wii U Pro controller so I was stuck with Wiimote+nunchuck. Weak Attack being mapped to waggle seems like a really silly design decision.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I seem to remember someone recommending a level to play first when you get to the first three-way split in story mode. Can anyone tell me which level that was real quick?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Vanrushal posted:

Go Twilight Princess path so you get the Hookshot, which you'll need for Heart Pieces/Skulltulas in the other paths.

Awesome, thank you.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Now that I'm pretty close to done with the single player content of Smash 3DS, I'm starting to play through this game in earnest. I went ahead and added everyone in the second post, and my NNID is ShadowNinja64 in case anyone not in the second post wants to add me.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

GameXplain is streaming stuff from the new DLC, in case you want to see it in action first: http://www.twitch.tv/gamexplain

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I finally got around to beating Legend Mode today, but the paid DLC content still isn't showing up. Do I need to play a certain amount of Adventure Mode for it to appear or do I need to redownload the DLC?

Edit: Oh, you have to reboot the WiiU afterwards or something I guess.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Oct 18, 2014

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

At some point I got a rank 2 Epona drop with 4 stars, Strong Attack+, Strength V, and Materials+. It is amazing just running through hundreds of enemies and tearing them apart, and a lot of Captains just get infinite juggled by that YYYYX combo.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I'm going to offer what I know is a controversial opinion: Ganondorf sucks and is unfun.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Kaubocks posted:

I'm going to poo poo on the floor and rub your face in it.

Not that this post deserves it, but I decided I should at least explain why I don't like the Dorf so far. I want to like him, but things bother me, including

- The linearity and slow speed of his weak combo.
- How punishable he is while charging his meter, especially compared to pretty much every other meter character in the game.
- His Strong Attack is strong and cool but also slow and entirely vulnerable, which is rough when the move is a point blank AoE thing.
- His YYYX feels like it has less range than the animation.
- His YYYYX takes forever to drop the ball down.

I do like his special and his weak point smash a lot, both have pretty huge coverage.

As far as Zant goes, his meter gimmick is probably worse but it feels like it's safer to charge it, use it, and recharge it while in the thick of battle. His weak combo also has better coverage around him than Ganondorf's. For Agitha, her weak combo is really slow and immobile but her beetle enders are really strong and I like both the YYX and YYYYX combos for taking out The Imprisoned's toes without being in range of the stomp damage.

Edit: Someone mentioned Zelda, she seems pretty okay to me. The Wind Waker is a lot of fun and pretty different from a lot of the other weapons. I guess the Rapier is a bit boring but they can't all be super unique I guess, and it does at least have the charges that make her strong finishers sorta variable going for it.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I thought I recalled his C6 combo being relatively vulnerable just like his Strong Attack, but I'll have to try using it more given the recommendations in here.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I've played several more missions with Ganondorf, gained him 15-20 levels, and earned his third tier of weapon, and I still feel about the same as I expressed earlier. However, I'm starting to think that has less to do with anything related to the Dorf himself and more to do with half the map spots on the second row requiring him and most of those being annoying missions.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Aladdin posted:

I used the baton around level 40 and just spammed her guitar hero musical notes attack nonstop for the most part. It keeps you a healthy distance away from your target and basically juggles them forever until you can use a special.

Absolutely this. When I did Zelda's level 2 Baton mission, this combo was vital. I also already had her third special bar and I think her third level of "captures keeps faster", which helped. From there, my plan was something like:

- Go south and kill the yellow captain that spawns there
- Intercept Volga and his huge entourage of cronies outside of the allied base. Wait for him to do the dragon fireball into nosedive, stay out of range of the dive, then bow shot into dodge cancel forward into combo for the weakpoint smash. Use a ton of specials on him from beating up the other surrounding assholes.
- Ignore Wizzro because he's a jerk and also because he's usually busy fighting five yellow Gibdos anyway.
- Take keeps, rack up kills, then go win.

It took me a few tries, one to get the general plan down and another couple to decide not to even gently caress with Wizzro. I think in my successful attempt I eventually did have to double back and kill Wizzro in the Allied Base, but he had been almost killed by everything else in his way by then so it wasn't an issue to take him down at that point.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

bobjr posted:

Well, I finally figured out Zelda's rank 3 baton mission. I'm not good with that weapon in the first place, but turns out doing nothing but guarding the base until you have the 1200 kills and then beelining for the boss works for an A rank.

I just did this one, too. The key for me was not rushing directly to the bombchus, and instead racking up some captain kills until I had to go to a base to disarm a bombchu. This was another mission where I was extremely thankful that I already have the third special bar for Zelda, and I also have Special+ on the baton I used for the mission.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

For characters like that, you might also try going through the "Defeat all the enemies" missions and seeing if any of them have that character (or a dark version of them) pop up more than once. For instance, I know of one square where Agitha/Dark Agitha pop up 3 times in the course of the three room fight.

Now that I mention it, I think I might go back through those squares for my own reference.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Bicyclops posted:

Well, I managed to get two more level 3 weapons last night, Impa's non giant sword and Midna's. I cannot get through Darunia's or Sheik's though. With Sheik's, the people I'm trying to rescue always seem to get murdered before I can get over there to help them. With Darunia's, I find ignorning Ganondorf helps, but at some point, Zelda always piles into the Allied Base with a horde of moblins and I have to just sit there wasting time instead of taking keeps, plus Darunia is just too slow not to take damage when he's surrounded by that many. It's not even Zelda, who I usually crush before she can do much damage, it's just the moblins; four or five them is enough to basically take up the entire screen.

I want my better hammer and harp!

e: I only have two level 50 characters (Link and Midna), although everyone else is between 40 and 50. I have no idea how you guys are getting people to level 60 and above.

Darunia's level 3 took me several tries. One thing that was a huge help was having a 5 star level 2 weapon with Strength IV and Fire+ on it, because his C4 combo is a ridiculous crowd clearer that just gets even better with those two abilities. I think the path I eventually followed was something like:

- At the start, run forward and use C4 on Ganondorf's group of dudes once or twice.
- Go to the objective keep just south of there and lower its health but don't capture it.
- Head south while quickly killing the two Siege Captains that spawn.
- Take out the two objective keeps in the far south.
- Ignore the objective Shield Moblin that spawns in your keep until he moves to your Allied Base. Instead, finish taking the keep you weakened at the start and then take the final objective keep.
- Clear your base out. If you have to use Magic, do it. Otherwise, use the C4 combo a lot, use specials when they're stocked up, and weak point smashes when convenient. Also, it seemed like getting a Shield Moblin to block exactly two attacks made them belly flop often, so you can try to exploit that to help out.
- Finally, murder Link. This is the easy part of the scenario.

I wouldn't try to get the extra heart container and piece of heart in the same run; there's just too much stuff to do to spare the time to take those two extra keeps unless you're already overleveled.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

THE loving MOON posted:

That's pretty much what I did, except I only used C4 to clear objective keeps. When I was back at the base running defense, I mostly used c2 and went fir weakpoints and spammed specials.

Also while ignoring the captain that disappears and reappears in your base is probably the way to go, I'd spare the time after taking the two south keeps to go kill the two siege captains that cut your base health in half if you leave them alone. It'll let your base hold out longer when you're fighting link. They have much, much less hp than the one that disappears.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that C2 is good for weakpoints as long as you get the juggle hit off before the weakness meter goes away, since you can then just weak combo to take out the meter in one go. I did mention the Siege Captains, though. I took them out ASAP while moving to take the two southernmost keeps.

Bicyclops posted:

Thanks, that's helpful. Is the Strength 4 combo the lava boulder chuckAre there really only three objective keeps? My god, I could have sworn there were at least five, but it may just be that I had to keep recapturing them. I did miss one of the seige captains.

edit: Darunia is one of the few people I have three SP meters for, so spamming his special definitely helps, but those Moblins have some drat hit points on them!

C4 is the thing where he makes fire shoot along the ground and it fans out as it moves forward.

There are four objective keeps, the top right, the top middle, and the southwest and southeast ones. In my route I weaken the top middle one, then take the two southernmost ones (which spawns the invade Shield Moblin in the keep near your base). Then you want to quickly take the other two keeps before you have to go rescue your base.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I failed the Rank 3 Great Fairy mission a half dozen or so times, then when I finally pulled it off it was in just over ten minutes. That was partly due to getting the route down and partly due to the Allied Forces being loving champions that turn and wiping out Ghirahim early and Zant a bit later. Granted, I had weakened Zant some on the way to the southern keeps, but still, gotta salute those Allied Forces.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

THE loving MOON posted:

That's pretty much how it went down for me. Looking back, you're probably best off taking the northeast keeps, including the unmarked one pretty early so that when you take the last marked one, all of the Manhandala Stalks spawn in your path on the way to the enemy base. I might be thinking about Agitha's level 3 though, those missions are almost exactly the same.

Rank 3 Great Fairy doesn't have Manhandla stalks, but it does have Fortifier Captains and Siege Captains, both of which spawn in the far northeast. My strategy was to go up there, kill the Fortifier Captains before they could separate from each other, then take all the keeps, ignoring the Siege Captains. After that, I'd go up to the Allied Base and kill most of the lesser captains threatening it, except on the run I was successful on none of them had even made it into the base yet so I was killing them outside of it.

Unrelated question: has anyone tried using the "Kill X enemies in 10 minutes" missions for materials farming? I've noticed that, now that some of my characters are getting into the 50s and 60s, I'm able to kill the named characters pretty quickly in them now, and the giant bosses can still either be avoided or potentially just taken out with a good use of magic harvested from grass cutting.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

RyokoTK posted:

Do fortifier captains do anything other than give keeps extra HP? Because if that's all they do then it is in no way worth it to go out of your way to kill them.

In that particular mission, they're really close to the northern keeps you have to take and also near a ton of grass, and they also spawn almost immediately, so it's pretty worth taking them out in that case.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

That move doesn't hit by its feet, so just run in there and take the opportunity to wail on its toes.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

BioTech posted:

Had ShadowNinja's L74 Link show up in the Adventure map yesterday. I was way underlevelled. Tried and failed that mission 6 times, but every time I killed a Dinolfos it gave me 2 full levels so I kept playing.

I've had level 99 Network Links show up and not even tried, but maybe I should if killing a captain could be two levels like that. What level was the character you tried my L74 with?

Zertoss posted:

I tried Agitha's level 3 mission last night. It only took me 20 minutes and 30k damage to finish it after failing twice, so I've got a good feeling about it! :shepicide:

You need to get really comfortable with dancing around the edge of a pack of enemies while doing the C3 beetle summon and dodge cancelling the dance animation. You want to do it in such a way that you're never close enough to a Dinolfos for them to jump slash you, so the only attacks you have to worry about are fireballs and charges. A 5 star rank 2 parasol also helps, especially if you get Strength III, Lightning+, and VS Dragon on it.

Dunban posted:

Make sure to kill all the poes in that northeastern area before Argorok spawns. By himself, Argorok is probably the easiest of the giant bosses and you should never get hit by his attacks.

Yeah, every time I fight an Argorok I just run around it in circles and nothing it does can ever touch me, so as long as the captains are gone from the area he should basically never be a threat.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I was looking for lists like this for awhile and didn't see anything, so I decided to make these myself. The following lists tell you what captains/bosses/unique characters appear in the shorter levels of Adventure mode, separated by type: defeat the giant bosses, defeat all enemies, kill X enemies in Y minutes, and quizzes. All of these are doable in less than 10 minutes, and in many cases much less than that. They follow the labeling convention in the Prima Guide where the rows are A through H starting with A at the top and the columns are 1 through 16 with 1 being on the left, so A1 is the top left square.

- Defeat Giant Bosses:

Adventure:
Argorok - B11 (+1 Manhandla)
Manhandla - C10, E2
Imprisoned - H3
King Dodongo - C6, F4, F14, G7, H13 (this one has 3 of them)
Gohma - B12, G10
Ganon - B6 (with Gohma and King Dodongo)
There was another one I didn't note down because it was just one each of Gohma, Imprisoned, and Argorok, it's somewhere on the far right.

- Defeat All Enemies:

Adventure:
A13 - Imprisoned + 2x mini-Imprisoned, 2x Shield Moblin + 2x Dinolfos, Fiery Aeralfos + Ruto + Lana
C4 - Darknut + Stalmaster, 2x Dark Agitha, Icy Big Poe + Agitha + Midna
C8 - Moblin + Icy Big Poe, Stalmaster + Dark Agitha, Stalmaster + Volga + Dark Agitha
D2 - Big Poe + Icy Big Poe, 2x Icy Big Poe, Stalmaster + Big Poe + Icy Big Poe
D10 - Dinolfos + Darknut, Dinolfos + Dark Ruto, Dinolfos + Aeralfos + Ruto
D12 - 2x ReDead Knights, Wizzro + Big Poe, ReDead Knight + Fiery Aeralfos + Volga
E16 - 2x ReDead Knights + Fiery Aeralfos, Wizzro + ReDead Knight, Fiery Aeralfos + Volga + Argorok
F13 - ReDead Knight, ReDead Knight + Big Poe, 2x Lizalfos + ReDead Knight
G1 - 2x ReDead Knight + Fiery Aeralfos, Volga + ReDead Knight, King Dodongo + Fiery Aeralfos + ReDead Knight
G6 - 2x Dinolfos + Darknut, 2x Aeralfos, Imprisoned + 2x mini-Imprisoned
G13 - 2x mini-Imprisoned + ReDead Knight, Volga + ReDead Knight, Imprisoned + 2x mini-Imprisoned

- Kill X enemies in Y minutes / Rack KO Count maps:
Note: These are pretty good for murdering the playable cast since they all seem to have significantly lower health than they would in any other mission. Giant bosses tend to go down easy, too, or can just be ignored if you're feeling pressured for time.

Adventure:
A1 - 4x Imprisoned, Lizalfos, Cia, Zelda, Ganondorf, Link
C12 - 2x Manhandla, Icy Big Poes, Darunia, Sheik, Ruto
D3 - 2x Manhandla, ReDead Knights, Midna, Agitha, Lana
D6 - 2x Gohma, Moblins, Zant, Volga, Wizzro
D14 - 2x King Dodongo, Gibdos, Link, Lana, Impa
E4 - 3x King Dodongo, Aeralfos, Lana, Sheik, Fi, Link
E8 - 2x Gohma, Lizalfos, Darknut, Moblin
E11 - 2x Gohma, Stalmasters, Ruto, Darunia, Sheik
F11 - 2x King Dodongo, Darknuts, Dinolfos, Lana
G2 - 3x Gohma, Fiery Aeralfos, Ghirahim, Fi, Link, Zelda
G4 - 3x Manhandla, Dinolfos, Lana, Impa, Link, Zelda
G12 - 3x Manhandla, Stalmasters, Dark Impa, Dark Sheik, Dark Zelda, Cia
H8 - King Dodongo, Big Poe, Lizalfos, Darknut

- Quizzes:
Notes: The correct answer is listed first in each pair, barring any screwups. In quizzes, it is possible to get the drop from the incorrect enemy, but only if they're a playable character, not a captain. I assume this is because the PCs are flagged to drop items both when killed and when retreating, like they do in some Legend Mode maps, whereas captains are never flagged to drop items when retreating. For the incorrect enemy to drop their item, it seems to work best if you are near them when the correct enemy dies and if the incorrect enemy is on screen when the correct enemy dies. The easiest way to ensure this is to weaken the correct enemy, then switch lock-on to the incorrect one and then finish the job.

Adventure:
A5 - Ganondorf/Ghirahim, Zelda/Lana, Link/Impa
A15 - Ruto/Fi, Agitha/Ruto, Ganondorf/Midna
B2 - Zant/Ganondorf, Impa/Agitha, Zelda/Darunia
B10 - Lana/Midna, Lana/Wizzro, Midna/Lana
B13 - Darunia/Impa, Sheik/Ghirahim, Ruto/Sheik
C5 - Aeralfos/Big Poe, Moblin/Lizalfos, Lizalfos/Aeralfos
C11 - Big Poe/Aeralfos, ReDead Knight/Shield Moblin, Sheik/Link
E13 - Ruto/Darunia, Impa/Sheik, Darunia/Ruto
F6 - Agitha/Zelda, Agitha/Ghirahim, Midna/Zelda
F8 - Darknut/Moblin, Stalmaster/Darknut, Moblin/Darknut
F9 - Moblin/Darknut, Big Poe/Darknut, Shield Moblin/Moblin
G15 - Lizalfos/Aeralfos, Wizzro/Volga, Cia/Lana
H4 - Aeralfos/Lizalfos, Shield Moblin/Fiery Aeralfos, Big Poe/Moblin
H6 - Ghirahim/Midna, Moblin/Stalmaster, Fi/Ruto

Master Quest:
G12 - Lana/Midna, Lana/Wizzro, Midna/Lana
F14 - Aeralfos/Big Poe, Moblin/Lizalfos, Lizalfos/Aeralfos

I'll probably do the same thing for the Master Quest map, but it's gonna take me longer to complete that since I'm only like 10 squares into it.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

CatsPajamas posted:

Does anyone else have a better strategy than this? Just between Fi and Agitha you need ~40 of them for all badges, and I can't recall off the top of my head if any other characters need them as well.

As far as killing Imprisoned quickly goes, it's probably best to use a character that can destroy the toes immediately and from a distance. You have plenty of options for that, including Ruto's strong attack waves, Ganondorf's C6 combo, Agitha's C3 beetle summon, etc. With Ganondorf especially, it's pretty easy to time it so that the combo knocks out all the toes as soon as they're vulnerable again (which seems to be after the 6th red pulse from when it stands up), instantly knocking it down again.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

loving Impa's lv 3 Nagitana(sp?) mission. I wanted the heart container really badly but couldn't find it. Turns out it appeared in a Keep that my AI allies captured so I never saw it appear. And there were so many soldiers in the keep I couldn't see the chest. loving hell.

Actually I don't think things like chests appear if you're not the one to capture the keep. I know enemy drops don't happen if your allies land the killing blow, and I assume this is the same.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Kurui Reiten posted:

Chests WILL appear if you don't capture the keep. I've had it happen a few times.

Okay, well, certainly isn't the first time I've been wrong about something. Oh well.

Evil Mastermind posted:

You know, one of my biggest regrets in life is that the person who designed Zelda's level 2 baton mission will never know how much I hate him.

"Nice, I manage to take out Volga without taking too much damage!"
(Eats two offscreen Wizzro beams)
:tizzy:

This is why the route I made intercepts Volga real early, just outside the Allied Base. At that point, Wizzro is still busy far enough to the northwest of that huge middle area that he won't break off to come mess you up, and then you can pick him off later if he's been weakened enough by Rogue Forces or just ignore him instead.

liquidypoo posted:

So while trying to find my best option for getting Ganon's Fang, I found this here page that seemingly lists out all materials, what they come from, and suggested farming stages. Figured I'd share with the class.

Sorry if some of the formatting in this post is weird, mobile posting sucks.

edit: yep totally botched that and had to fix it

This is cool, but I don't agree with the recommendations for the "All Attacks are Devastating" maps. Even though those maps are super fast, most of the time the captains in them don't drop materials, so you're only going to get a couple materials for each run anyway.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Evil Mastermind posted:

That's what I did. I took out Volga, went to fight Wizzro and ended up getting beamed twice in row, once when I was trying to back up and get away from the melee.

Then just ignore him. Even if he starts to threaten the Allied Base later, he should be so weakened from battling Rogue Forces and your own guys that he'll be a lot easier to pick off at that later point.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Speaking of unlocking weapons, you people weren't kidding about Volga's level 3 weapon unlock being super easy to get, especially considering how easy it is to get to that square on the map. I guess I'll be putting off getting the level 2 weapon as long as possible now.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Cobalt Chloride posted:

So I did one of those quiz-style trial missions today in adventure mode, and I can officially confirm that it doesn't matter whether or not the camera is on the wrong target when the correct one goes down. In one of them I got a drop from someone halfway across the room, and in another the camera was facing both of them dead on and the wrong one just disappeared when I beat the right one.

So I guess it's just random? I dunno. :shrug:

It's probably because things get a little weird if you get a kill that causes the camera to suddenly swing to a different, dynamic viewpoint. Sometimes it acts like the camera is still in the position you had it in beforehand but sometimes it acts like the camera is in the new position. The best way around this is doing what Alacron suggested and hitting both enemies with the killing blow, even though that is not strictly necessary for getting a drop from the incorrect target.

Also, like I mentioned in my huge list post from before, normal captains don't drop items when they're the incorrect target most likely because they're never flagged to drop items when they retreat, only when they are killed. Playable characters can drop items in either situation, which is why this tends to work.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Bruceski posted:

Summoning Gate down! Now I just have Darunia's Lv 3 and I'll have everything. Anyone have a good approach for it?

Here's what I posted before, good luck:

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Darunia's level 3 took me several tries. One thing that was a huge help was having a 5 star level 2 weapon with Strength IV and Fire+ on it, because his C4 combo (that's the hammer pound that makes the fire spread forward across the ground in a cone shape) is a ridiculous crowd clearer that just gets even better with those two abilities. I think the path I eventually followed was something like:

- At the start, run forward and use C4 on Ganondorf's group of dudes once or twice.
- Go to the objective keep just south of there and lower its health but don't capture it.
- Head south while quickly killing the two Siege Captains that spawn.
- Take out the two objective keeps in the far south.
- Ignore the objective Shield Moblin that spawns in your keep until he moves to your Allied Base. Instead, finish taking the keep you weakened at the start and then take the final objective keep.
- Clear your base out. If you have to use Magic, do it. Otherwise, use the C4 combo a lot, use specials when they're stocked up, and weak point smashes when convenient. Also, it seemed like getting a Shield Moblin to block exactly two attacks made them belly flop often, so you can try to exploit that to help out.
- Finally, murder Link. This is the easy part of the scenario.

I wouldn't try to get the extra heart container and piece of heart in the same run; there's just too much stuff to do to spare the time to take those two extra keeps unless you're already overleveled.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Is there a guide for how to get there? I haven't bothered with the Master Quest map all that much since it seemed way more difficult and I'm still missing loads on the Adventure map. But you say it's a piece of cake?

You can move the cursor over any space and see what the rewards are, although for pieces of heart or heart containers they'll just be question marks. Volga's level 3 is in the second row from the bottom and over toward the right, something like the 10th column from the left. If I'm remembering right, you'll need a harp to reveal enemies and a candle to burn a particular bush.

As for people asking about Fi, when it comes to captains and playable characters, the best way to reduce weak point might be her C2. You want to whiff the weak attack before the launcher, though, because a lot of PCs can recover out of it and punish her as she floats down. After the launch, you can time another strong attack dive to hit them for a bit more damage. If you have special meter built up, you can instead just wait for the weak point to appear and pop a special, then chase them down to get the weak point smash. There are very few captains and PCs where this kind of approach doesn't work. Stalmasters, for instance, recover from being weak point smashable almost immediately after getting up from a special like that.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

ImpAtom posted:

it is unlocked but you won't get Level 2 item drops. Same goes for if you unlock Level 2 or 3 before unlocking level 1.

Actually I got a level 2 Volga Spear despite not unlocking that tier a short while after unlocking his level 3.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Bicyclops posted:

I wish I had been. I'm five squares away from filling out my "What rewards are in this map square" thing, but I gave up on even filling out which enemies are where. Trying to create a guide for this game would be a full time job!

It isn't every map, only some of the faster and potentially more lucrative ones, but I did make and post this list of enemies for things like Defeat All Enemies and the quizzes in Adventure mode: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3668508&pagenumber=74&perpage=40#post436980171

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

You can charge Ganondorf's moves?????

Someone needs to post what each character's best moves are for weak point smashes (obviously distinguishing between big boss and regular sized dudes) because I really suck at smashing weak point with Ruto somehow.

This is actually a really good resource that covers what you're asking for: http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii-u/745183-hyrule-warriors/faqs/70316

mastajake posted:

Any advice for maps to do for weapon skill unlocks? I've been doing the Master Quest one near the bottom left that is All Attacks Are Devastating and has a Midna heart container reward, though it's a little annoying with the no healing thing.

I would imagine Rack Up the KOs maps would be best, since they constantly respawn Transport Captains with full magic drops and the captains and bosses all drop magic, too.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Oxxidation posted:

He's probably the single worst character in the game play-wise. He looks hilarious but he can't do anything as well as anyone else.

He's bad but he does some things pretty well, mostly involving wrecking groups of trash mobs with the giant stomp combo and building 2-3 bars of special near instantly if he catches a couple captains with it, too. He does have the possibly unique distinction of being pretty awful at taking out any weak point gauges, though.

On that topic, Zant does at least have a couple options against officer weakpoints, including C2 to launch and mashed strong attack, Fully charged crazy bar hurricane spin, and his special. The first option is pretty inconsistent against playable characters, though, and the hurricane spin is time consuming.

Also, Zant is the best at partying hard like a crazy person and falling drunk off the top of a totem pole.

Edit: The one thing that bothers me the most about Zant is I saw people really talking up the invincibility on him when he grows to giant size in the stomp combo but it turns out that was a huge lie.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Nov 3, 2014

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Bicyclops posted:

Man, I tried using the crazy meter to activate woo-hee spinning and he's complicated and interesting but he still gets trashed when there are hordes of officers.

If you're going into a horde of officers with Zant, you need to do it with a full stock of crazy and preferably a full stock of special meters. Build both up on some trash mobs with the supersize stomps, then use the spin2win mash slashes and his special to thin out the officer groups.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Bicyclops posted:

His level 3 is all mobs all the time!!

If you have to approach a bunch of officers without crazy, you need to space it so you start growing giant for the stomps before they do too much damage to you so you can get some crazy and also some special. Your other, safer but less damaging option is doing his C3 real quick. You won't do near as much damage, but Zant seems to be actually invincible when he's up on his totem pole, and that combo charges the crazy really fast so you can get back to spinning.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

The_Frag_Man posted:

What's the best way to take down the Imprisoned as Sheik on the map that leads to the level 1 gate?

Always have special built up, use it to take out all the toes ASAP after the 6th pulse from the Imprisoned standing back up. Use the light song while waiting out those pulses to get more meter.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I've sunk a lot of time into this game, so I feel like a dumbass for not realizing something. Until yesterday, I didn't notice that the game shows you which keep the chest for the boss key will be in when the message for "search for the key to the enemy base" pops up. I also did not know that you could then check the Battle Log in the pause menu and look at that message and the highlighted keep again, just in case you didn't see it due to some hectic fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Agitha's level 3 map comes down almost entirely to how good you are at doing her C3 beetle summon into dodge cancel while skirting around the edge of big groups of rear end in a top hat Dinolfos. Past that, I don't recall the actual objectives being hard at all.

• Locked thread