Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
You can't heal keeps. If your allied base is that low then you've already messed up and let it become that way. Give it some time and you'll be able to prioritize what's happening on the map, you can also always pause the game and check the battle log to see what's going on.
The first warning usually means you should check it out soon but there's still time to finish what you're currently doing. If a character is in danger then you need to book it as fast as you possibly can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Wow, the great fairy is absolutely awful except for having a wonky hitbox

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Midna had two weapons during the e3 build so her true form as a weapon in the TP pack would make sense. There's a bunch of characters you could go with for a character, Hero's shade maybe?

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Several of the costumes seems to be recolors for characters like Ghirahim and Agitha.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Now this is a recolor I was not expecting.
Spoilers so linking it.
http://imgur.com/70Ypeji

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

HondaCivet posted:

Just picked this up last night and played through the first level. Pretty fun although I'm looking forward to getting way more dudes/weapons/items, vanilla soldier Link isn't too exciting.

I kind of wish they didn't let Tecmo/Team Ninja/whoever add new characters though, they just look kind of weird with the gang because they're so anime-y. And yeah, didn't really need giant anti-gravity boobs in my Zelda thank you.

Pyramid tits are alright though.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Just tried the weapon swap bug. It doesn't seem to work with every combination since I couldn't do Zelda with naginata. Zelda sings her lullaby when she dances with the summoning gate instead of the main theme, that's weird.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Oxyclean posted:

I hope link gets a Ravio costume (LBW spoilers.) But that seems like it'd be more effort then some of those costumes. Or a LttP full upgrades costume.

Well he does get a purple tunic (this miiverse guy is amazing by the way). The dark Darunia is based on some concept artwork I think.

Dastardly fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Oct 1, 2014

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Ok I don't know what I'm doing wrong. It says I have to beat Ganondorf without letting his lightning recapture Hyrule Castle and without any of my allies fleeing while playing as Darunia to get the hard skulltula.
I've done all this twice now and it's still not appearing. They can't possibly mean that I have to guard all the unnamed soldiers that don't even appear on the gamepad. Even then I don't think I've seen any of them fall.

Dastardly fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Oct 1, 2014

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Prancer posted:

You have to beat Ganondorf before you recapture Hyrule Castle, while he still is powered up.

I suspected it was that but the text is really vague even in the guidebook. It really does make it sound like you need to beat it before HE recaptures it. Especially since the whole deal with his lightning attacks is that he's trying to recapture the keep.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

THE loving MOON posted:

Oh my. Whats going on there, did Darunia just happen to get whacked so that it looks like hes riding the wolf for the pic? Or did somebody find a way to swap movesets on characters who don't have multiple weapon types? :aaa:

I think the common thread is that the 1 weapon model swaps are all npc's and not played by anyone.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
4/5 illustrations completed. Tons easier getting those secondary skulltulas in adventure mode with decent weapons and levels.
I guess I'll add that my NNID is Dastardry.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Just like you can bug Zant if you enter a boss cutscene while spinning you can also do it while riding Argorok with Lana. The result is not nearly as interesting though and it doesn't really do anything.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

That stage sounds a lot like Zelda's level 3 Baton, Death Mountain, Bombchus, making up a morale deficit from the beginning, Summoner... et cetera. Kind of a pain.

But once you get the level 3 weapons most of the previous stages are a lot easier afterwards. After you get all the weapons it really is just cleanup.

The difference between trying to A-rank Zelda's baton 3 mission and coming back later with a good rank 3 weapon and some extra levels is like night and day.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Regy Rusty posted:

Well third time's the charm. That level is pretty ridiculous on Hard mode.

You can't kill the last Dark Link unless both you and Link (if you're not playing as him) is in Cia's room so she can spring the trap on you and trigger the Lana saves the day scene.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

The person playing seems to have missed that you can make Cia stomp several times for maximum mob clearing. :black101:

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

chumbler posted:

Kinda want a green costume unlock for Cia now.

Well, lucky you.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
The guy's pretty good.
http://setzeri.tumblr.com/post/99554966452/hurl-warriors-comics

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I hate how they managed to make the imprisoned just as terrible as in SS. You can't even bring his weak gauge past 50% because the moment you do he decides to become completely invincible until he stands up again.

Also I've lost count of how many times I've killed two imprisoned and Ghirahim and only gotten weapon drops even with +material and no weapon skills

Dastardly fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Oct 10, 2014

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Farming materials for badges is really bumming me out. So, has anyone checked to see what kind of materials the Evil trio are going to require? I hope it's not stuff like imprisoned scales and moblin spears.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Evil Mastermind posted:

I just watched someone try the "Boss Rush" reward map. :stare:

What are the other three reward maps? Does anyone know what they are/what the actual rewards are?

One is picking a waifu to ally with (no fishtits or witchtits though) and then killing the rest
One is killing Ruto, Sheik, Darunia and a mountain of Gorons
One is killing all the villain characters, Volga and Wizzro twice.
One is a boss rush and the last one I can't even remember besides fighting Ganondorf.
First one you beat gives you the blue tunic and beating all of them gives you the red goron tunic. They're great for materials and gaining levels.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

chumbler posted:

I wonder what the extra weapon icons are for. Between Epona, Volga, Cia, and Wizzro that should only be 8, or 12 if you have to unlock them from the map rather than them just coming with the dlc. That still leaves at minimum one weapon spot left over. Maybe I'm just forgetting something.

They're 8-bit weapons.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Oxxidation posted:

The mission difficulties are wildly unbalanced, it's true.

Speaking of which: Ruto, level 3.

Will leveling her up help her to take down these enemies quicker? If not, I think I'm done. This isn't even fun-frustrating, this is just atrocious design. Funneling every single enemy wave into my allied base in the first 2 minutes of the mission - funny. Making me run away from that meat grinder every 5 minutes to stop Cucco hordes, where two pecks can drop me to a B rank on damage - cute. Both of those things at once - gently caress you.

I didn't pay the cucco's a single visit when I did it and just spent the time killing the captains all nicely lined up outside of my base.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
The damage cutoff for rank 3 weapon missions is 10k damage.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Theswarms posted:

Its been a few days since I last tried but I'm pretty sure I've failed Links lv3 gauntlets with damage in the 5k to 6k range. Are you sure this applies to all lv3 weapons?

Might not be the case for all rank 3 weapons but it's definitely the case for every mission in the upper left corner.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Asimo posted:

Ahaha what? :stare: I'm too poo poo at video games to get this anytime soon, are there screenshots or videos anywhere?

Also this game is amazing.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

mastajake posted:

Ugh. I missed out on the hard mode skulltula on the last level today, and I have no idea why. I played as Darunia, all my allies were alive (confirmed by light arrows dialogue not mentioning lack of strength) and I beat ganondorf without him taking over the castle keep again. I drew him into the keep while defeating him. That could maybe be a factor I guess. The only other thing would be me trying over from a checkpoint.

You need to defeat him before you touch the castle keep. It's the mistake I did.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Cia's similar to Zant in the way that you stomp your way to victory. Keep on stomping, never stop putting keeps under your heel.
I've had some success against captains with Wizzro by using his XY to launch then using his kinda slow to reach out strong attack to grab the captain. It's a bit like Midna's XY, it can grab pretty much anything.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Dunban posted:

Link's horse is surprisingly slow, but seems pretty powerful otherwise. Can be a bit hard to control though. The rank 1 horse is Epona, so I'm curious what the other ranks will be called.

Check the gallery. Rank 1 is Hyrule Warriors Epona, rank 2 is Twilight Princess and rank 3 is Ocarina of Time

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I cut the recolors a lot of slack since they made them as a bonus and didn't even officially mention them until the release day trailer. I wonder if there's going to be more surprises like that in the two coming maps.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
The European Direct actually showed a tiny bit of spinner gameplay. It's around 24 minutes in.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Not enjoying the TP map much so far. If they want me to have fun with it then they shouldn't have made so many of them require me to play the absolute worst weapons out there.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Excels posted:

This happens infrequently, to the point where people were saying it would become a feature or something. You will occasionally see random characters using other weapons/movesets. I've seen numerous characters using Link's default moveset, almost always when this happens they are wielding 8-bit weapons.

I've seen Lana using Cia's staff and Cia using Lana's tome on several occasions.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Deceptive Thinker posted:

It did in the 1.4.0 patch - the special does wayyy more damage now too

Really? After Perona in pw2 I never expected them to actually buff something.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Every character must have been called bad at least once in this thread.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
The TP map is not very enjoyable

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Internet Kraken posted:

I will be really shocked if the two MM characters are anything other than Skull Kid and Tingle.

Apparently Aonuma said around release that he asked the developers to consider consider making other characters playable instead of Tingle but of course, this was around release and does not necessarily factor in dlc that exclusively cover his game of origin.
Also the fact that there's at least two files in the game hinting at Tingle. Skull Kid wearing Majora's Mask and Tingle seem like obvious choices to me. Either way I'm looking forward to what they'll reveal.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
The last thing I want is yet another weapon and costume for Link and if you want to use the helix sword then try out the master sword with full health, same thing.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Kaubocks posted:

I'm getting back into Hyrule Warriors and slowly working away at the Master Quest map.

What's the trick to these missions where you have to defend multiple keeps that have no health? I'm trying one for Zelda down near the bottom right and I feel like I can't keep up with all the areas I need to cover.

Never had a problem with any of those. You prioritize your objectives in the correct order while not being insanely underleveled. If I couldn't get it on the first try then I got it on the second time because I was now aware of the order they attacked my keeps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Nintendo Direct on wednesday so hopefully there will be some HW stuff in it.

• Locked thread