Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
Man I can already tell Adventure Mode is going to steal away a full month of my time, even with the third or so of it I've already done.

NNID should be IndigoBlooper, but I don't have access to my 3ds or WiiU right at the moment to check so if I'm wrong I'll edit this later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

THE loving MOON posted:

Hurray, my title! :neckbeard:

Just unlocked Ruto about an hour ago, whats the deal with that water gauge? It seems like she might be pretty good, but I think I'm missing something critical. Seems like shes pretty good at killing weak points, but I haven't played her enough yet to be sure.

the water gauge is for her X attack. she shoots waves at people that each take about a fourth of the gauge. And I think if it's full when you start the attack, she fires off a really large wave at the end.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

If I go into a map that's offering say, Ghirham's level 2 sword and I clear it with Link do I still get the weapon?

I ask because his level 2 has a chicken that spawns in and follows you around and Gigglefits has no idea what control is and blows the chicken up with any of his combos

Glad to know I'm not the only one having issues with that particular cucco.

Speaking of Gear-Ham, what does his strong attack even do? Does the little red laser do anything besides a tiny amount of damage on first contact with the enemy?

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

Unlucky7 posted:

I have not got Ghiriham yet, but can't you cancel out of most animations using dodge?

Yes, you can. He's still pretty dumb though.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

Alteisen posted:

How do I get the gauntlets? I think I'm in the right square for them but don't know where to use my search item.

Use a compass, it'll tell you the exact square to use the item on.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

Oxyclean posted:

There's also a character for the Twilight Princess DLC. I'm really curious as to who they could pull for that, Twilight Princess Midna seems like the obvious answer.

Yeto-Yeta Ice Climbers style 2-in-1 character :colbert:

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

gecs posted:

Everyone knows it needs to be Malo.

He doesn't even kill enemies, he charges em exorbitant prices for things then they starve to death.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

Evil Mastermind posted:

Huh, that's strange. I just did a Network Link quest that looked like it was going to give me the level 1 8-Bit Sword, but I completed the mission and didn't get it.

You get the 8-bit sword in Legend Mode, the final battle with Cia right before the one where you first play as Ganondorf

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

Ometeotl posted:

Can someone explain how to use the fairies that protect you from damaging keeps after you save them?

They're items just like bombs, arrows, potions, etc. Use em once you get to the keep with the barrier that corresponds with the fairy

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

THE loving MOON posted:

Oh ganondorf, it doesn't rain indoors :allears:

Well, it is the Water Temple after all.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
I doubt they're going to bring wind waker into the game in any capacity other than the actual wind waker being in the game, which can be explained away with the object being old enough to always exist regardless of which timeline you're in (Majora's Mask was in Link Between Worlds possibly by the same logic).

Like, they seem to be settled into the Child Era timeline for this game, considering the games that the only games after the timeline split that're involved in this game both come from that timeline.

I'm not trying to say they won't make dlc for the games for the other timelines in the future. What I'm trying to say is that it is entirely possible that the Four Sword could be added to the game and we could have glorious quadrilateral mook-murdering :black101:

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
I'm pretty sure the water shield always did that. I remember it doing it before even the master quest dlc, at least.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
Linkle confirmed for Hyrule Warriors 3DS

Indigo Cephalopods fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Nov 12, 2015

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

Looks like Twili Midna and Skull Kid will be involved in Linkle's story.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
I was all for Legends from the moment they said "Wind Waker Buttrock" :rock:

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

mabels big day posted:

gamexplain with the deets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82xDsqBW2fc

the new costumes are gonna rule. i dont know wtf lana's is supposed to be

my best guess is majora's mask deku princess?

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
The important thing is that it still has the idol animations and the cucco. That's all I need.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

mabels big day posted:

I actually cannot even imagine this. I don't know how it would be possible. I don't know if there are even that many other characters in this series.

remember that Agitha of all people is in the original game. Any thing is possible.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
They said the Ganon skin that you get with the Legends Season Pass will transfer, so I'm assuming all the skins and characters will transfer.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'm pretty sure they just said that Ganondorf's new trident weapon would transfer with the characters and not the skin.

you are correct and I am dumb. So yes, the answer is "We don't know"

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
I already bought an old thing, so why should I ever have to pay for a new thing?

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

Kin posted:

It would have been nice to get a discount or something for already having the game (and DLC).

I can agree with you on this. I would have preferred if the maps and adventure maps and the DLC were able to be purchased as DLC for the Wii U game in addition to characters.

But as stated earlier, this is pretty much just how K-T do.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
So apparently you don't even need to buy legends to get the characters. When Legends releases, there will be the option to buy a season pass that gets the DLC in both games for $20. Then at some unannounced time this Summer, likely around the drop of the first DLC, there will be the option to buy a season pass for the new characters (and weapons) just for the Wii U Version. The Wii U season pass is only $10 . Medli is free, and you can buy Linkle, Toon Link, Tetra, the King, and Skull Kid for 13 dollars as DLC for the Wii U version.

The only things you need to buy Legends for are the maps, character switching, and fairy raising.

E:
Also, On the subject of "it's a different game so the maps can't be transferred over".

Now, I have not played the game or demo myself, but I can't imagine the gameplay is so different that it drastically affects the maps to the point that they could never be transferred. With few exceptions, level design is rather similar between most Warriors games.

I'm more willing to accept that the maps aren't transferrable because a.) they're designed with the 3ds' graphical capabilities in mind, so they'd look like poo poo on the Wii U or b.) what is probably the real reason: they need exclusive content to get people to give them more money.

Indigo Cephalopods fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Mar 24, 2016

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

FirstAidKite posted:

Does the second season pass include the new characters for Hyrule Warriors Legends or are they only obtainable via the code?

If so, if someone is getting the 3ds version for whatever reason and doesn't want their code and is willing to part with it, it'd be cool if you could hit me up and we could work something out maybe

The season pass seems to only cover the DLC Characters and weapons. If you want the Legends Characters you either need to buy Legends, or the Legends Character Pack for the Wii U game

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
I'd honestly be absolutely shocked if there isn't a lobster-pajamas costume for toon link. SHOCKED.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
The Wii U game will be able to buy the Legends characters and the Trident as standalone DLC in "Summer 2016" which is also when the Link's Awakening DLC is supposed to come.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
Her attacks will probably be singing-related. Probably will summon animals with it. I hope her super is summoning the wind fish

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

Dizz posted:

Marin is cool and all but it's still too bad that all the DLC characters are meaningless for WiiU

All the Legends DLC characters and weapons are going to be able to transfer to the Wii U. You can even buy them just for the Wii U at half the price at a later date than when they come out for Legends.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Wait, was that supposed to be a twist and not completely obviously what was going to happen?

Also, since the only Amiibo I have is Ryu(I just got my New3DS a couple weeks ago), I scanned it for a generic Amiibo reward. I got 1 rupee. Are all the generic Amiibo rewards that godawful?

At least in the Wii U game, Non-zelda amiibos always give 1 rupee the first time you use them. Most of the time they give you a drop item, decent rupees, or a weapon for a random character.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

ImpAtom posted:

Zelda already has a Phantom Zelda thing in her attacks, right?

I don't think so. You might be confusing Phantom Zelda with the statues in the Dominion Rod moveset.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

Dizz posted:

Medli reminds me more of Ruto and Fi :barf:

so she's gonna be great :colbert:

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
Ruto and Fi are both great. Great Fairy is great. Everyone is great except Agitha

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Should I start jacking up my character levels in the Dojo at this point? I feel like my damage output has been underwhelming.

leveling is generally the main thing you want to use rupees for, so yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

God, the nostalgia I got when the LA overworld theme started playing. My first Zelda game and it still get to me

EDIT: holy poo poo I just noticed the two Cuccos in the Pegasus Boots' Musou Attack :allears:

• Locked thread