Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I have not got Ghiriham yet, but can't you cancel out of most animations using dodge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

My favorite is Link forgetting to put the Master Sword back and going to have a nap which causes ganondorf to revive

I also liked that Midna being cursed by Cia is completely forgotten after a mission

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Bicyclops posted:

Every time I get a new character or weapon I'm like "What the heck?! This sucks!" and then I play through like two full scenarios with them and they become my new favorite. I'm still in the first stage with Darunia.

All the weapons needed to have a few combo strings unlocked to really click for me so far.

Also, Cia and Lana are basically Mary Sues and I am not sure how anyone else can think otherwise. Not that it is a bad thing; I think they kinda fit (Cias outfit notwithstanding) anyway, and it was a big silly crossover to begin with.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Squallege posted:

I haven't played this in forever but I loaded it up and played as Twii Midna, she destroys everything. :stare:

Me too. One of her combo enders is her summoning a giant fuckoff cannon. I love this stupid, stupid game.

Also, her victory animation is adorable :3:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Anime Curator posted:

That Hyrule Warriors 3DS better be N3DS only.

There's gotta be a reason why I invested into this new thing, right Nintendo? Bah. A new Zelda 3DS title weighted down by old hardware. God drat, to think the game would look better on the N3DS anyways but nope, I guess not. Here we are stuck with the original 3DS specs. I am so excited that the character encounter count is severely limited because some kid as a 2DS. Thanks a lot.

What makes it worse is that you can transfer Tetra and the Old King to your Wii U but I still wanted them to utilize the N3DS hardware.

Looking at the box art on that trailer and comparing it to the Xenoblade box art, I doubt that is the case.

That said, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate does run better on N3DS and I think Smash Bros does too, so I am willing to bet that running on N3DS will have it at the very least run smoother and may even allow more dudes on screen than if it was on OG 3DS.

What does the subtitle say?

EDIT: I am also hoping for a save transfer system too.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

ImpAtom posted:

I'm impressed you got this game running on a 3DS Nintendo but maybe you shouldn't have

On a New 3DS, it looks pretty good. On the OG 3DS, well...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y2J98CvVau4

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I played up till Linkle's first level. Playing on a New 3DS has the game running at a good clip, even if you can have a field day counting the shortcuts they have to make.

Game is still really fun. Character switching/commanding is a big game changer, and owl statues are real nice to have.

Really is a shame though that a hardware iteration upgrade is more or less required for it to run decently, and the fact that it plays better on a New 3DS really should have communicated more.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
The download DLC menu came with the 1.2 patch. Perhaps you need to update the game?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

SeANMcBAY posted:

My physical copy didn't include a code to get stuff in the Wii U version.:smith: If anyone has one they aren't using that would be cool if I could have it.

Where is the new Linkle/Wind Waker stuff integrated? Is it mixed into Legends mode or what?

Your copy did not include an insert for the download codes for the 3DS theme and the Wii U version characters? Maybe you should call up Nintendo about that.

The new Legend Mode stuff is integrated in. The first Linkle level appears after the third level.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Twelve by Pies posted:

When do the Cia levels from Legend Mode appear, do you have to unlock her from the Adventure map first?

I do not know yet, but I think you had to clear the campaign first in the Wii U version, so that may be the case here.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
EDIT: ehh, nevermind, it's a stupid thing to be pandemic about

Unlocking Kokiri sword 2 on Linkle and actually having bomb arrows takes her from "Very good" to "Holy poo poo".

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Mar 26, 2016

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I just realized that they made a change that I kinda hate.

They got rid of bomb flowers. No more Michael Bay explosions during fights in keeps :(

Seriously though, I really did love those useless things. It was just another one of those things that added to the "Zelda, but filtered through what a 10 year old would think is awesome" feel.

One thing I do feel is weird about the engine in Legends is that they seem to try to avoid any sort of closeups, even for Musou attacks. I guess it is to hide the resolution hit, but the character models are still very good.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Dizz posted:

Yeah I look forward to playing them on the first adventure map and then never touching them again because there's nothing to do.

I'm trying to appreciate the 3ds version but

There's just some parts that look okay like the map and hero face icons and stuff

but then I go into the bazaar and it just looks so muddy and messy, like what the gently caress!

The menus are the worst and laziest part of the port. It's like they took the HD assets and just scaled them down without thought to how it looks. The Bazaar and badge trees are the worst of it.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Dizz posted:

Boss battles were never lovely. owl statues are meaningless with character switching, and character switching could have been done on the console version.

Boss battles were a slog where you had to wait for weak point smashes to do any meaningful damage (Officer battles were too, for that matter), owl statues are legitimately more useful than you think, and you are just doing armchair programming/business planning.

Seriously, I was trying not to be hostile toward your opinion but at this point it feels like some sort of The Secret poo poo where if you complain long and hard enough, a cosmic switch will be flipped and Nintendo will put out all the Legends exclusive content in a patch tomorrow.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Bloodly posted:

It concluded the story...as initially presented. Bad guy dies, with a touching send off, your time-displaced allies go home, Triforce is safely split and in the hands of Good People. You even beat back Ganon, briefly. Everything's apparently cleaned up.

Then Ganon comes back again thanks to bad memories, basically goes 'Ganondorf will not be cast aside!' and ruins everything.

I love that the reason why Ganondorf comes back properly is basically the fantasy equivalent of "gently caress, I left the Iron on."

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Does Linkle have any weapon upgrades stashed away in her Legend Mode missions? I am up to her Epilogue mission and I am starting to feel like I may have missed it.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Realtalk, I never understood the confusion over the N64 controller.

Right hand grabs the side with the buttons. Does the game use the control stick? Left hand holds the middle handle. Otherwise, it holds the left handle. It really isn't that hard unless you are a sperg and absolutely positively MUST use all the buttans.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

many johnnys posted:

I don't think anyone is confused, it's just a silly design is all.

Less silly than the GameCube controller at least.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Rirse posted:

Still don't have a good solution to avoid Manhandla's spit attack. Is there a tell when he going to do it instead of his heads being valuable?

I think you are meant to just block that attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I do imagine that there was some awkward staring when Link and Zelda got back after Linkle's story mode ending.

• Locked thread