Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
That's a lot of deals. Anything I should pick up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Tane Live

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

looking over the sale i enjoyed dragon age origins and crysis 2, but nothing else really caught my eye.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
The Dragon Age GOTY edition costs as much as the base game for some raisin. :confused:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
ge t the goty edition if youre getting it. dlc is worth it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
dont

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
And just like that I own Mark Ecko's Getting Up

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
Is Luftrausers on sale? Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning for under $10? Any XCOM game, new or old?

All of these are good choices.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

poo poo i'm going to have to take a look when I get home.

LordVonEarlDuke
Jun 24, 2011

I love this PC golden age we live in when I may purchase My Ex-Boyfriend the Space Tyrant for 11 dollars 24!

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Gonna sell some cards and buy pool nation with it for 99 cents lol

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Cyra posted:

Gonna sell some cards and buy pool nation with it for 99 cents lol

Pool nation is really cool cause everyone just talks about how good it's pool physics are but no one actually plays it.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

How many of them suck or are a part of the Orange Box that every real gamer should have had when it came out?

LordVonEarlDuke
Jun 24, 2011

Widestancer posted:

How many of them suck or are a part of the Orange Box that every real gamer should have had when it came out?

All except Kingpin: Life of Crime

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

pool nation is good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FartRomancer.EXE posted:

pool nation is good

how does it compare to actual swimming

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Someone screwed up

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

SeXReX posted:

Someone screwed up

Torchlight 2 is grindy unfun garbage that is, by all metrics, inferior to the first game.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Dexters Secret posted:

Torchlight 2 is grindy unfun garbage that is, by all metrics, inferior to the first game.

Agreeing with dexters secret, are video games that hosed up

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Dexters Secret posted:

unless your most important metric is sharing the grindy unfun experience with friends.

People who bitch about no respec potions need to get a reality check. Took a bunch of classes you don't need anymore because you changed major? guess what you can't get a refund to take better ones you shouldn't have been an indecisive poo poo.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

SeXReX posted:

unless your most important metric is sharing the grindy unfun experience with friends.

People who bitch about no respec potions need to get a reality check. Took a bunch of classes you don't need anymore because you changed major? guess what you can't get a refund to take better ones you shouldn't have been an indecisive poo poo.

it would be less of a big deal if some skills didn't actually get worse when you put points into them

also my biggest beef with the game is, it's not fun. none of the skills are satisfying. bosses are terrible. it's Bad.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

SeXReX posted:

There's already borderlands 2 for that

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Dexters Secret posted:

it would be less of a big deal if some skills didn't actually get worse when you put points into them

also my biggest beef with the game is, it's not fun. none of the skills are satisfying. bosses are terrible. it's Bad.

something something 'moddable'

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Dexters Secret posted:

it would be less of a big deal if I read what the skill points I was allocating did instead of randomly clicking every time I ding

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

wow some serious victim blaming going on itt

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

pls do not defend bad game design by saying 'well you should've accounted for the bad game design, dummy'

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Dexters Secret posted:

pls do not defend bad game design by saying 'well you should've accounted for the bad game design, dummy'

pls do not defend bad gameplaying by saying 'well the devs should have assumed I can't read'

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

SeXReX posted:

pls do not defend bad gameplaying by saying 'well the devs should have assumed I can't read'

i think you're being a very silly man for thinking it's okay to design a skill system where you can make your skills worse by investing more of your hard earned points into them, and tbh that's a pretty small complaint compared to the game just not being fun.

i can forgive a lot, but if it's to the point where none of my abilities feel satisfying to use, everything dies slowly, and bosses are just stupid lumbering meatsacks i have to pump damage into for like five minutes, then i won't play or endorse the video game

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

SeXReX posted:

So you're saying that diminishing skills is a good gameplay idea? Becuase then what's the loving point of putting points into a skill? What's the point in grinding to level up?

It's a lovely mechanic.

e:f,b

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

So you're saying that diminishing skills is a good gameplay idea? Becuase then what's the loving point of putting points into a skill? What's the point in grinding to level up?

It's a lovely mechanic.

e:f,b

basically the problem is while putting points into the skill will make it do more damage, it will also make it cost more, and the cost grows much faster than the damage, thus becoming a really bad tradeoff.

a large amount of skills in Torchlight 2 have this problem and it's like one of the first thing action RPG developers learned to avoid, so I don't understand how the hell it made it into this modern sequel of an already good game.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The steam store isn;t loading for me so I'll have to sit these incredible deals out.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The steam store isn;t loading for me so I'll have to sit these incredible deals out.

have you tried going to it in your browser?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Jackie D posted:

There's already borderlands 2 for that

playing borderlands 2 using cheat engine to make legendaries like 1 in 50 of the drops instead of the default 1 in 50000 made that game really fun

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i really wanted to like the borderlands series because it has a lot of charm but at the end of the day it's too grindy

I really hope the pre-sequel or whatever takes the Reaper of Souls approach to items and makes lots of cool poo poo drop all the time

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I hate Borderlands 2 because I can't find any decent weapons at level 40 and I'm using guns level 25 and below.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

I hate Borderlands 2 because I can't find any decent weapons at level 40 and I'm using guns level 25 and below.

you got to get the treasure keys or whatever from the codes and it's stupid and i just hope they get rid of or diminish the keys altogether and just make the good guns drop

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Dexters Secret posted:

you got to get the treasure keys or whatever from the codes and it's stupid and i just hope they get rid of or diminish the keys altogether and just make the good guns drop

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3504490#post407069006

normally I hate cheating in games but since the game basically forces you to use DLC to get good loot, I tried playing it with modified drop tables and had so much more fun I never looked back for BL2

seriously, the default drop rates are like .001% chance for you to have a legendary drop. it's pretty dumb and game is way better if you bump that up to 1 or 2%. you don't get drowned in unique items but you get enough that seeing a new one drop is a big deal and exciting.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dexters Secret posted:

use gibbed editor and make your fun

or dont and stop playing the game because its a piece of poo poo

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

bef posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Minrad posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3504490#post407069006

normally I hate cheating in games but since the game basically forces you to use DLC to get good loot, I tried playing it with modified drop tables and had so much more fun I never looked back for BL2

seriously, the default drop rates are like .001% chance for you to have a legendary drop. it's pretty dumb and game is way better if you bump that up to 1 or 2%. you don't get drowned in unique items but you get enough that seeing a new one drop is a big deal and exciting.

I have the 360 version. :smithicide:

bef posted:

:agreed:

Last game I bought the Season Pass for. Never gonna bother with that poo poo again.

• Locked thread