Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat
What is a South Park Republican? It sounds stupid so I refuse to look it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

The best south park eps are the ones where it's just the kids doing some stupid poo poo kids would do and then it goes crazy like the one where they're playing cops or the ninja weapons one or the scott tenorman one.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Irish Joe posted:

I was a big South Park Republican in high school, but then I grew up and became a Jon Stewart Democrat.

Get with the times man, we're all sophisticated John Oliver Democrats now.

Quote-Unquote posted:

The best south park eps are the ones where it's just the kids doing some stupid poo poo kids would do and then it goes crazy like the one where they're playing cops or the ninja weapons one or the scott tenorman one.

That's why the recent game was so great, it's like a 10 hour version of one of those kind of episodes.

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Oct 2, 2014

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Junior Detectives is the best South Park episode for sure.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

White Dog Eggs posted:

A somewhat progressive libertarian with traditional values

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
i like south park, its good and cool

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

White Dog Eggs posted:

a republican who only complains to the fcc about nudity, not profanity

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Busta Chimes.wav posted:

a republican who only complains to the fcc about nudity, not profanity

fratboy conservatism

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Quickscope420dad posted:

can't believe they haven't done an episode yet about boring internet retards blinkeredly arguing about the political viewpoints of a poopfart cartoon

e: although maybe some of the earlier Terrence and Philip episodes / the movie count for that?

The Scrotie McBoogerballs episode was pretty much this in a nutshell as well. To the point of the boys being questioned before congress (I think?) while they're trying get the book banned. All of the congressmen parrot talking points about the book having clever subtext and one of them says something along the lines of "Boys you don't understand, nobody would spend this much time and effort making fun of Sarah Jessica Parker just because she's ugly!" and the boys replying in unison, "YES THEY WOULD!"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

White Dog Eggs posted:

It's like a Bullshit Libertarian; which I was until I realized that I didn't want to grow up to be a bitter selfish person. I still like Penn & Teller's magic tricks and there are still some good episodes of Bullshit when its about something completely stupid like people who really love dolphins.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The fact that the transsexual episode continues to make mentally ill crybabies vomit with rage 10 years later makes me love South Park.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Quote-Unquote posted:

That's why my favorite episode is probably the Little League episode or for more recent episodes the Blockbuster episode.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I loved the Christmas in Canada episode and Stick of Truth was pretty great.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Irish Joe posted:

I was a big South Park Republican in high school, but then I grew up and became a Jon Stewart Democrat.

i was a dave chappelle racist and now i'm a charlie brooker cynic

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
i'm actually a south park democrat and a john stewart rastafarian

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
i like the episode where they made fun of russell crowe

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Jeffrey posted:

Is this actually true? I mean I can accept it's possible, and goons state this as why they don't like south park all the time, but I've yet to meet a person who changes their mind or decides on a position based on what they infer from south park. Do you know such people in real life?

edit: should start a thread betting pool on how long until any given thread includes a mention of gamersgate

well uh you see i have this uh friend on facebook, i uh totally owned him once, here's the chatlog

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
"Shut your loving face uncle fucker" -South Park

I never took any of the politics stuff in it to heart so I always just enjoyed it for what it was. Some of the jokes/ premises are inspired genius and other times it's broad and crass and stupid. Which I am totally ok with. I gotta say it's been pretty drat consistent considering it's been running for years and now has pretty much become a forum for the guys to make their statements. Any episode that heavily features Randy is a winner in my opinion. I would still happily dip into an episode but its not groundbreaking stuff.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

it has it's moments. but whenever they try to be overtly political - it's pretty dumb.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
when they start every political message with a running joke of "i learnt something today" and cliche heartwarming music and people think it's serious every time and delivering a take-home ideal LOL

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

You know, I learnt something today

Future Mrs Booger
Jan 18, 2012
i am a charlie sheen warlock.

e: south park can be good or poo poo, just like every show. but if you take your political ideals from anything other than thorough research, you are a south park dipshit.

Future Mrs Booger fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Oct 15, 2014

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

grope proof vest posted:

It's actually somewhere in the middle.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Family Guy is funnier and more politically relevant

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

McDowell posted:

Team America is a brilliant piece of propaganda in that it can be enjoyed regardless of political affiliation by being explicitly satirical of celebrity doves while only implicitly mocking neocon hawks.

invading and destroying countries for no reason and saying not to do that are two sides of the same coin when you think about it really

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

Lonos Oboe posted:

Any episode that heavily features Randy is a winner in my opinion. I would still happily dip into an episode but its not groundbreaking stuff.
almost every butters episode is great too

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Republican Vampire posted:

Was it South Park or Bullshit! that did an episode about how secondhand smoke wasn't real and then had to hilariously backpedal when faced with actual science for grownups?

You mean that time the Brits did a comprehensive study showing that it's no big deal, and the anti-smoking camp in America commissioned another study to discover the opposite because they didn't like reality making them look dumb?

*Not a smoker.

Zen Punk
Dec 26, 2005

interfaced

1gnoirents posted:

i get all my opinions from south park. i pretend like they're my own but really its just my Fox News

-That Guy You Hate at That Job You Loathe

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
People say that South Park has gotten better than it's old preachy days but my roommate and his girlfriend watched the Redskins episode that was supposed to be good last night and it was the same preachy poo poo I hate South Park for.

Oh and then that scene where that guy takes a huge poo poo and makes a mountain of poop. Yes, South Park, quality entertainment for adults.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

lorn Wayne posted:

south park was ok but that manbearpig episode was the worst pile of poo poo to ever poo poo a poo poo.

How would you say it compares to the episode defending tobacco companies?

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

i quit my college marching band because the section i was in would say nothing but the russell crowe fightin round the world thing and other stupid south park poo poo, so i have to thank south park for finally getting me to quit marching band to focus on more important things like jerking my dick until it falls off

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

gigawhite posted:

i quit my college marching band because the section i was in would say nothing but the russell crowe fightin round the world thing and other stupid south park poo poo, so i have to thank south park for finally getting me to quit marching band to focus on more important things like jerking my dick until it falls off

just eat more gluten!! lol :)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

facebook jihad posted:

Oh and then that scene where that guy takes a huge poo poo and makes a mountain of poop. Yes, South Park, quality entertainment for adults.

Things aren't funny if you don't get the joke.

Future Mrs Booger
Jan 18, 2012
tonights episode is called "the cissy". not sure how i feel bout this!

Future Mrs Booger fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Oct 21, 2014

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Those two deserve a nobel fuckin prize for their show.

Its the most brilliant thing ever to be shown on TV, and that is why its free to watch globally.

Where I live there used to be a few satyrical shows on TV when I was growing up (1 of them was uber funny too), but the local governments have been chewing on peoples right to free speech for years - and now TV is all about propaganda and lightheaded bullshit for old ladies.
:pedophiles:

I wouldn't give a single poo poo about it cause TV sucks anyway, but DUDE.

DISSIN' SOUTHPARK? U MAD?

Its the embodiment of american culture btw, so honk for SP if you love america.

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Oct 8, 2014

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

double post cause i'm jackin it in san diego

peace in the middle east bitch, 10 years of Van Halen

CountButtula
Jan 5, 2014

Casimir Radon posted:

The fact that the transsexual episode continues to make mentally ill crybabies vomit with rage 10 years later makes me love South Park.

There's another one coming, I bet it will be edgy and original

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CountButtula
Jan 5, 2014
I watched the Game of Thrones ones and they were pretty good, and the WOW ones. I get the southpark itch every once in a while, whereas that one family guy episode cured me for life

• Locked thread