Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Its a TV show that has been pretty funny in the past regardless of your political affiliations. I don't care for it anymore due to either my tastes changing or the shown changing or both

I have quietly stopped watching south park and I don't let its politics or degradation of quality get to me. Its hard, I know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

I dunno, I think in the last few seasons they've kind of drifted away from the "truth is somewhere in the middle" message that so many episodes used to try to drive home. They're still referencing current events, but its less about taking a stand and more about just parodying them.

Its always been best as a cynical show that'll take pot shots at anyone's sacred cows on both sides. It works well in this capacity granted it is funny. The more opinionated and preachy it becomes the less funn y it is. I agree with some of these opinions and disagree with others but it doesn't even matter because as a show its best as an antagonizer that skewers everyone and doesn't take a side or try to think its smart by coming up with an entirely new line of thinking

It should have never deviated from this

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

White Dog Eggs posted:

What is a South Park Republican? It sounds stupid so I refuse to look it up.

A somewhat progressive libertarian with traditional values

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Busta Chimes.wav posted:

a republican who only complains to the fcc about nudity, not profanity

fratboy conservatism

• Locked thread