Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Permanently banned from the Alamo
Let's talk about scary things that happened to you. But not too scary. I mean, like, mildly scary things.

I'll start us off:

When I was a kid, I had one of these in the back yard. My brothers and I used to play with it all the time. Sadly, I grew too old for it, and we decided to give it away. My mother wanted to clean it up before we shipped it off to some needy white suburban kid, so I was given a spray hose and told to wash it down.

Now, inside this little house, there were tons of little depressions in the plastic to, I dunno, make it more sturdy, or lighter, or something. In each of these, there were tons of those little spider egg sacs. Now, I had just watched that second Harry Potter movie, the one with the spiders, and I was in no mood for arachnids. I was all like, "Hells yeah, I gonna blast dese bitches". I sprayed the hose with full force at those little spider hidey-holes, and...

OH GOD THE WATER BOUNCED OUT OF THE HOLES AND SPRAYED ME IN THE FACE

I dunno if there were actually any little baby spiders on me, but it was pretty scary. Not really scary, but kinda.

Your turn!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I read the OP

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

For sale: One pair spooky shoes, never worn.

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013
Weird Tales of Statistical Variances :ghost:

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I was (probably) over the legal limit to drive and got pulled over because I was over the speed limit. Well the cop thought I was racing someone is actually what he said lol, but I was not in fact, so I didn't even get a ticket for that. I wouldn't have been losing to a fuckin 325i anyway, not that I've raced anybody on a highway in probably 6 or more years.

But I failed the eye nystagmus field test and went to jail. Like it was really bad. poo poo everywhere, anti rape signs, checking my butthole, in the most run down nearly disfunctioning facility I could imagine actually being used for something. They could have filmed a mundane horror movie in there and the set would have been the best part of the whole movie. Over 15 hours passed before we were given food, which was white bread and 1 piece of bologna (I mean, you got three of them at least). Each holding "cell" was 13+ people, with a sign on each door that mockingly said "Max Capacity: 8". The air vent didn't work, and there were no bars. The only air you got was from the gap between the door and the floor. Someone actually took a poo poo with all of us packed in there like this.

When I finally bailed myself out (you can only bail yourself out with cash in the jail, but the ATM was broken, so I had to pay a 100% fee for a bail bonds company to bail me out, and you dont have your phone or access to a phonebook or anything to call someone you know). So first day I was out $1200. The next week I hired a lawyer, which cost me $6000. And I don't even know if I was over the limit yet. I won't know that for up to nine months because there are so many DWI cases here and it was a blood test. 9000 a year in that county alone.

Fees will be many more thousands if it does come back. Insurance will be horrible. I have to pay a tax every year to keep my license.

So I look up the eye test out of curiosity because I really didn't know what that was about. Well, turns out I have natural nystagmus :lol:

That's a real mundane horror story folkz

edit: oh for a little irony, if I were racing this douchebag he would be the one pulled over. he just got away

1gnoirents fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Sep 29, 2014

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

zoux posted:

For sale: One pair spooky shoes, never worn.

i love you

Philadelphia
Sep 29, 2014
I live everyday of my life in constant fear because each new day could be the day that I finally see an IRL ghost.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
marriage

^ end thread here ^

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

saw ops mom naked

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
The hose to my dryer caught fire yesterday. I put it out pretty easily, but it was still scary, and I don't know when my landlord will be able to replace it

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Crow Jane posted:

The hose to my dryer caught fire yesterday. I put it out pretty easily, but it was still scary, and I don't know when my landlord will be able to replace it

Whoa, semi-spooky as gently caress yo. Another story:

There was a streetlight on my college campus that turned off whenever I went by it. At least, I'm pretty sure it did. I might not have noticed whether it turned off when was working properly. But, every time it DID turn off, I noticed it, and thought to myself "maybe there is a ghost there."
#justspookyenough4me

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
We used to go to the haunted laundromat. While we were there, dryers would randomly start and stop by themselves. On a good night we dried everything for free. The ghost was obviously someone who wanted to help out people stuck going to that laundromat.

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Khazar-khum posted:

We used to go to the haunted laundromat. While we were there, dryers would randomly start and stop by themselves. On a good night we dried everything for free. The ghost was obviously someone who wanted to help out people stuck going to that laundromat.

What kind of sad ghost would haunt a dryer? A wet one, maybe?
Whoa, wet ghosts. That's kinda creepy. But not too creepy.

Also, one time I thought I heard a noise, but it turned out to be nothing. Gave me a fright, though, but not a big one.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I heard weird noises from my bathroom and went in and water was periodically blurting out of the bath plughole, over and over. It was really freaky. But I think the pipes are just kind of blocked and the guy in the upstairs flat was using a plunger, rather than demons in my drains.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Lemon posted:

I heard weird noises from my bathroom and went in and water was periodically blurting out of the bath plughole, over and over. It was really freaky. But I think the pipes are just kind of blocked and the guy in the upstairs flat was using a plunger, rather than demons in my drains.

Why would the guy upstairs use demons in your drain? :ohdear:

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
On a patch of waste ground near my flat, somebody put up a tent recently. It was quite well hidden in some bushes but you could just make it out as you went past. It's gone now but I think that perhaps a ghost was living in it :(

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Stumbled going downstairs at work. Really steep stairs to. I caught my balance and started walking then almost bust my rear end on a wet patch almost 2 inches from where I caught my balance.

Stay safe wetghost

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Once late at night in winter I woke up to frightening sounds of what seemed to be scraping at the outside wall of the bedroom.
When it was light I went outside to investigate and it seems deer had been trying to eat a bush on that side of the house.

It was deer, OP. Large mammals. Tearing away at my property with their horrible deer mouths and feet presumably.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
There was this black man living downtown and he said he was waiting for his wife at the bus stop but really he was just homeless and likely poor and unmarried, too.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

One time, I forgot to set my alarm to go off in the morning. I woke up right before my shift was supposed to start.

Actually, that happens every day. Whoops.

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Big Beef City posted:

Once late at night in winter I woke up to frightening sounds of what seemed to be scraping at the outside wall of the bedroom.
When it was light I went outside to investigate and it seems deer had been trying to eat a bush on that side of the house.

It was deer, OP. Large mammals. Tearing away at my property with their horrible deer mouths and feet presumably.

That is, frankly, quite horrible. "Quite", in this case, being in the old fashioned meaning; i.e., "a little". That was a little horrible.

Srs Content:
I told my address to a guy at a new job that I found out, later that day, was a felon. He seemed nice enough, but late that night, I thought I heard my back door open and the sound of someone walking around downstairs. I told myself it was probably just the cat, but I was not convinced. I lay very still, in a cold sweat, until I fell asleep.

Very spook.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Once I was waiting for a bus home from work, and an old lady sat down next to me. After a few minutes, she asked if she could bum a cigarette. I gave her one and went back to messing around with my iPod, but after a few minutes went by I realized I didn't actually smell any smoke. I glanced over at her, and she was loving EATING IT like a carrot stick or something. Just chomping away, with flecks of tobacco stuck to her lips and chin. I quietly stood up and hailed a cab home.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

sometimes the doors move when they're shut in this house when someone else opens up a door some pressure thing i guess i dont know anyway if i dont push the door closed after i already closed it sometimes it pops open.... for about half a second my brain thinks its a threat every time! or it did before i learned the trick, now its just a sinister rattling but i know what it is........

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

UWBW posted:

That is, frankly, quite horrible. "Quite", in this case, being in the old fashioned meaning; i.e., "a little". That was a little horrible.

Srs Content:
I told my address to a guy at a new job that I found out, later that day, was a felon. He seemed nice enough, but late that night, I thought I heard my back door open and the sound of someone walking around downstairs. I told myself it was probably just the cat, but I was not convinced. I lay very still, in a cold sweat, until I fell asleep.

Very spook.

get outta bed and check. They could have killed u while u were fearsleeping. Better die on your feet

this happened to me but it turned out to be a huge loving bat got in the house

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
i opened a cupboard and several tiny green goblins jumped out, cackling as they vandalized my home and called me rude names

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

i opened a cupboard and several tiny green goblins jumped out, cackling as they vandalized my home and called me rude names

Excuse me, this thread is for serious discussions only. Now, if you had almost been vandalized by goblins, that would be more acceptable.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I ate a Mexican pastry infected with maggots and the nightmare is finding another to repeat the experience

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Some friends and I did this spell out of some supposed grimorum last Halloween as a joke but now I'm pretty sure we unleashed a demon named k'haxzvxxxbbs who lives behind my refrigerator. I can only assume that is its true name because I can hear my fridge making strange rattling noises that kind of sound like khaxzvxxxxbbbz in the dead of night then in the morning my icebox is full of ice again.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
When I was a kid once we went to this big cub scout camping thing held at a racetrack (I have no idea why now) and there was this box clubhouse thing on the side of the track, I think to report on the finish line. On the door someone had wrote that if you went inside, you had to sell your soul to the devil. I looked in the window of the thing, and on the inside wall someone had drawn a scary face. Spooky!

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

I had a dream where I asked my life partner if we could go back in time to fix some things up and I promised nothing would change. Of course some poo poo changed and it changed a lot, even the baby looked different and I kept going "its not supposed to be like this" and I woke and tears were streaming down my face. It seemed so real and I was genuinely terrified.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

UWBW posted:

Excuse me, this thread is for serious discussions only. Now, if you had almost been vandalized by goblins, that would be more acceptable.

my mundane horror story is that i posted in a thread and then the op said my story wasn't right for it and humiliated me in front of the entire something awful forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
There was a ghost in my house. He mostly just smoked pot while we were away.

• Locked thread