Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
IS SHEAMUS GREAT?
This poll is closed.
Yes. I love Sheamus. He is the best midcard champion in years and has lots of good matches. 118 59.30%
No. I'm a Sheamus hater. He is the best midcard champion in years though, and has lots of good matches. (Good matches that bore me!!!) 81 40.70%
Total: 199 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
Why aren't the close up face GIFs of Ambrose anywhere in this thread. His reactions were great, sleazy, and awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Xenoletum posted:

Why aren't the close up face GIFs of Ambrose anywhere in this thread. His reactions were great, sleazy, and awesome.

c'mon, rear end in a top hat

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

mkay0 posted:

Ambrose is being booked exactly like SCSA in 1997, and that's a good thing.

Everything that isn't Ambrose is boring as gently caress.

To be fair the same can be said for SCSA in 1997. the only notable thing in that year was Shawn and triple H became perverts and Undertaker had a brother.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Adam Rose being a partying kid-friendly no drugs candy lollipop man and then shilling alcohol on Raw that week gave Adam Rose an inescapable "statutory" vibe. Just my opinion.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I had a blast at RAW. Crowd was going nuts for Ziggler/Cesaro/Miz.

There was a dark segment after the fade out. Wyatts came out for no reason and got beat up by Cena / Ambrose.

That was alright, but what was better was the next 15 minutes of Ambrose hamming it up in all corners of the ring.

Then he left for awhile, sprinted back out alone and threw JBL's chair at the ring for no reason.

It was fantastic.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Under the vegetable posted:

Adam Rose being a partying kid-friendly no drugs candy lollipop man and then shilling alcohol on Raw that week gave Adam Rose an inescapable "statutory" vibe. Just my opinion.

This week the Exotic Express stops by a high school where Adam Rose passes out Twisted Tea to cheerleading squad, who are all really impressed he has a drivers license!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That Raw was fun as gently caress. Everything non-Ambrose was mediocre but the Ambrose stuff was so great it brought everything else up.

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.

Yuriy posted:

i think it's more "how dare they put women who can't wrestle into the ring" which outside of NXT is most of them

also each one of the notes might be a minimal piece but when you combine them it turns into a lot of bad

though i liked most of it, i like midgets dressed in animal costumes though i prefer them being drop kicked instead of rolling around with each other

and ambrose is pretty great

and Triple H burying Miz was probably the highlight of the night
holy poo poo that gif :stare:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Raw was really fun tonight. I got to see Alicia Fox pull Surge from under the ring and then do nothing with them.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Carver Crisis posted:

He just loving flies.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

This Raw had Heath Slater winning a match, followed by an alligator eating El Torito. It also had Sandow berating Triple H, which resulted in Triple H berating Miz as if he was Sandow. If you hate this then stop watching wrestling.

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Sep 30, 2014

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Oh yeah, and Mark Henry repeatedly running Bo Dallas over with a large cart.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
dean ambrose is a national goddamn treasure

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER

Hmm, yes, the first thing that I jump to when I think about Adam Rose is pederast.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

They need to put Dean Ambrose in every segment because he is all I want to see.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Perdido posted:

Hmm, yes, the first thing that I jump to when I think about Adam Rose is pederast.

When you talk about "partying" in a vague way, and every single thing about your character is marketed to children except that you're a buff guy exposing his chest and selling alcohol, sort of.

edit: it would be highly suspect if john cena started shilling booze on monday night raw for the same reason imo. john cena's not a good "tier" example but he's a good character example. or if bayley was like what up i love malibu rum. "statutory" was a little strong but what i meant was that even though this is tyool 2014 i still don't think it's ok for a character a little kid can look up to or think is cool to sell drugs in real life

Under the vegetable fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Sep 30, 2014

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So this mashup is pretty fuckin' cool IMO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utjHHs0fFvE

Also Ambrose is totally SCSA in '97 right now, and if they run with it, money. So much money.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

keevo posted:

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/the-bunny

Welcome the Bunny to the roster.
it's secretly CM Punk :ssh:

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

RAW was cool, Slater Gator theme ruled. Ambrose for president.

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

Burt Buckle posted:

They need to put Dean Ambrose in every segment because he is all I want to see.

And every time he's not on screen, everyone else should ask "where's Dean?"

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

RAW was cool, Slater Gator theme ruled. Ambrose for president.

Hell yeah.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So this mashup is pretty fuckin' cool IMO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utjHHs0fFvE

Also Ambrose is totally SCSA in '97 right now, and if they run with it, money. So much money.

This theme actually sounded pretty dang okay, who knew you could mash 'em together to get one okay one instead of two mediocre ones

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The recaps I've read include a vibrator joke about Rollins' briefcase and the Bunny suddenly dancing with Jesse Jackson out of nowhere.

What the hell happened on RAW? :psyduck:

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

There are no words for how happy I am that Jamie Noble and Joey Mercury are the stooges for Triple H. Let's just redo 1997 boys, it's been enough time.

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

MysticalMachineGun posted:

The recaps I've read include a vibrator joke about Rollins' briefcase and the Bunny suddenly dancing with Jesse Jackson out of nowhere.

Ambrose-centred greatness. And about two Divas matches too many.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Nada man, the dude carries a vibrator around in his suit case and Jesse Jackson was in the audience so they did a shot of him and the bunny

It is what it is

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER

When you talk about "partying" in a vague way, and every single thing about your character is marketed to children except that you're a buff guy exposing his chest and selling alcohol, sort of.

It was a one off segment that was probably came about because the WWE had a sponsor come up and want to give them money. This isn't a 2014 version of Stone Cold pounding "Jesus juice" and hanging around little kids at his ranch.

quote:

edit: it would be highly suspect if john cena started shilling booze on monday night raw for the same reason imo. john cena's not a good "tier" example but he's a good character example. or if bayley was like what up i love malibu rum. "statutory" was a little strong but what i meant was that even though this is tyool 2014 i still don't think it's ok for a character a little kid can look up to or think is cool to sell drugs in real life

Oh, you're concern trolling. Nevermind.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

There are no words for how happy I am that Jamie Noble and Joey Mercury are the stooges for Triple H. Let's just redo 1997 boys, it's been enough time.

OH GOD I FORGOT ABOUT THIS AND IT IS SO GREAT

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i saw a dude wearing a Bad News Barrett shirt today and didn't know whether to feel sorry for him or to think he was a cool guy

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Noble and Mercury as the Stooges is great, and Ambrose cruiserweight division joke was great.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Wazzu posted:

Thank you for providing graphics and a show summary.

Seriously i missed this. Especially when i didn't get to watch.

RagingHematoma
Apr 19, 2004

Goiters can be beautiful too!
I still think Miz and Sandow are the best thing in the wwe right now.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Mutation posted:

it's secretly CM Punk :ssh:

You joke about that, but if that were the case, his unmasking would rival the ungodly pop that Dean Malenko got when he was posing as Ciclope.

Hence, I want it to be true so badly.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.

TheJoker138 posted:

Noble and Mercury as the Stooges is great, and Ambrose cruiserweight division joke was great.

Noble and Mercury being the new flunkies is a good idea and I hope they keep running with it. The authority needs some guys who can get shown up and humiliated by Ambrose/Reigns/Cena and it not matter because they aren't current in ring talent. It keeps Orton/Kane/Rollins from having to have too many low points.

I could have done without the Bella segment being back to back with the Bunny segment but other than that this RAW was actually fun. I just with it had more actual wrestling on it.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Perdido posted:

It was a one off segment that was probably came about because the WWE had a sponsor come up and want to give them money. This isn't a 2014 version of Stone Cold pounding "Jesus juice" and hanging around little kids at his ranch.

Oh, you're concern trolling. Nevermind.

Thank you for continuing an argument that still doesn't need to be an argument and dismissing my legitimate feelings as "concern trolling".

Moving on though I'm hoping Bo Dallas gets a cool PPV match. He's really becoming one of the best WWE has at selling his opponents' offense. Maybe he can defect to Russia and make it a tag team match, playa. (I don't actually want that last part to happen)

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

RAW was fun and a little silly and that was ok with me, as I like fun things.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

TheJoker138 posted:

They would have found Ambrose sooner if Finley was with them, he wouldn't put up with this bullshit. :colbert:

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I just watched the Ambrose segments and having Daniel Bryan, Roman Reigns, etc injured might be the most fortunate turn of events since CM Punk leaving. There's a massive hole in their programming that Ambrose is more than able to fill. He's being asked to carry a lot of content and he's excelling. It seems that more and more people in charge are coming to this realization as well. He's a great anti-hero with a simple story. After Ambrose and Rollins redefined how fun a lumberjack match is, I can't wait to see what else they can do.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i think the biggest problem is that outside of his return at night of champions he hasn't really been getting superstar reactions but hopefully that changes as he's featured more because he's definitely more than capable of being a big deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Carver Crisis posted:

It has to have been four or five years since I first saw it, but it never gets old.

• Locked thread