Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
IS SHEAMUS GREAT?
This poll is closed.
Yes. I love Sheamus. He is the best midcard champion in years and has lots of good matches. 118 59.30%
No. I'm a Sheamus hater. He is the best midcard champion in years though, and has lots of good matches. (Good matches that bore me!!!) 81 40.70%
Total: 199 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Imagine Brock screaming and slamming Heath Slater into every wall of the Cell while blood and piss splashes everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
The one time Cole doesn't call it "The Gator Roll Designed to Disorient His Opponent" and it would have been perfectly applicable.

Heath Slater won his match on Raw. That's more than Brock Lesnar did this week!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Grendels Dad posted:

There is already garba...

No wait, the wrestling is good, mostly.

It's funny given the WWE's image as a company promoting entertainment above wrestling that the actual in ring product is the least of their problems. They have talented guys who can work, they've just been woeful at making any of it mean anything.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Teddybear posted:

I remember there was the concept of a linear championship a while back which had more or less bounced around the main event crew until orton lost to Kofi and never got his win back. Did that eventually join back up with a belt?

Rollins is the current linear champion, defeating Reigns by forfeit at Night of Champions. It hasn't been with the current WWE WHC since Randy Orton lost to Kofi before the Royal Rumble this year.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Okay so they have to be trying to build to Orton and Kane either turning on the Authority or just directly turning on Rollins, right? "The heels loving hate the other heel and their boss is yelling abuse at them constantly" is face turn 101.

I was straight up ready for it to happen during that post match beatdown and it dodn't. Maybe they are saving it for HIAC or the post HIAC Raw?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Daniel Bryan posted:

Rollins is the current linear champion, defeating Reigns by forfeit at Night of Champions. It hasn't been with the current WWE WHC since Randy Orton lost to Kofi before the Royal Rumble this year.

Neat, thanks!

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
It's weird, because it kind of seems like the Authority is building towards a "Thumbs Down" moment with Rollins, where they get tired of him loving up.

And yes, someone is welcome to post Evolution with Dinosaurs.

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

Cthulhu loves me, this I know, for ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!!

Writer Cath posted:

It's weird, because it kind of seems like the Authority is building towards a "Thumbs Down" moment with Rollins, where they get tired of him loving up.

And yes, someone is welcome to post Evolution with Dinosaurs.

The thing is ROLLINS isn't the weak link - Kane and Orton are the two who keep letting them down. The only thing Rollins can't get done is breaking Dean Ambrose who won't stay dead/learn his lesson/leave him alone. He's won all the battles - he just can't seem to bring an end to the war.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

ScottyBomb posted:

The thing is ROLLINS isn't the weak link - Kane and Orton are the two who keep letting them down. The only thing Rollins can't get done is breaking Dean Ambrose who won't stay dead/learn his lesson/leave him alone. He's won all the battles - he just can't seem to bring an end to the war.

I know. But it would be easier for the Authority to cast out one impulsive hothead rather than two former world champions. Basically untested asset vs. proven commodities.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

"Seth, we have to go our separate ways. It's not you, it's your crazy stalker."

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

ScottyBomb posted:

He's won the battles because Kane and/or Orton show up and force the DQ or cheat outright during no DQ matches.

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

Cthulhu loves me, this I know, for ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!!

Writer Cath posted:

I know. But it would be easier for the Authority to cast out one impulsive hothead rather than two former world champions. Basically untested asset vs. proven commodities.

Fair point, it's not unreasonable for a heel group to just arbitrarily pick a guy to be their scapegoat. The only "meta" reason I'd argue for them not "thumbs downing" Rollins is that it would turn him. And he's just such an effective dickbag heel right now.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

ScottyBomb posted:

Fair point, it's not unreasonable for a heel group to just arbitrarily pick a guy to be their scapegoat. The only "meta" reason I'd argue for them not "thumbs downing" Rollins is that it would turn him. And he's just such an effective dickbag heel right now.

It doesn't have to be now. As much as I want him to be champ, Rollins losing the cash in would be the ultimate reason to kick him out. They handed him everything and he couldn't get the job done. Not saying I want that to happen, because the dude's great, but if he has to lose, it could be a great catalyst.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Here's what was cut from the Hulu version of Raw.

- HHH & The Miz segment
- Rosa Mendes vs. Layla
- Still to come segment before commercial
- WWE Network hype
- Dust Brothers promo
- Brie Bella's entrance
- Heath Slater & Titus O'Neil vs. Los Matadores
- Dean Ambrose recap
- AJ Lee vs. Alicia Fox
- Second Wyatt video
- Sheamus vs. Damien Sandow
- Roman Reigns interview
- Big Show vs. Rusev announcement for next week
- Dean Ambrose entrance
- A chunk of the Cena match (from the first commercial up to right before the Ambrose hot tag)

Really good show and it's so much better when it doesn't drag for 3 hours.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

The other meta reason for not kicking Seth out is that there would basically be no reason not to immediately reform the Shield.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Retromancer posted:

The other meta reason for not kicking Seth out is that there would basically be no reason not to immediately reform the Shield.

Except the part where Dean and Roman loathe Seth?

...Oh, right, WWE continuity.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Call Me Charlie posted:

- HHH & The Miz segment

Did HHH really just bury Miz for no reason in this segment? That's what the Observer review made it sound like.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

triplexpac posted:

Did HHH really just bury Miz for no reason in this segment? That's what the Observer review made it sound like.

Yup. Burying their own film division in the process, because Miz can't be a real movie star, he's only in direct-to-DVD movies!

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Retromancer posted:

"Give us one good reason not to kick your rear end all over this arena."

"I brought eclairs."

(Ten minutes later.)

SIERRA HOTEL INDIA...

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Yup. Burying their own film division in the process, because Miz can't be a real movie star, he's only in direct-to-DVD movies!

Miz's entire gimmick is that he's a total c-lister who thinks he's hot poo poo, but really isn't. This isn't "burying" anything.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

TheJoker138 posted:

Miz's entire gimmick is that he's a total c-lister who thinks he's hot poo poo, but really isn't. This isn't "burying" anything.

Yeah there's just ways to go about it that play into the gimmick. Dave made it sound like HHH said "Miz your job is to entertain me, make me laugh you little jester, or I'll fire you and your crappy movie career will be done too"

Like, Sheamus ripping on Miz cause he's a lovely actor so they can fight is one thing, but heel HHH making another heel out to be a bitch with zero comeuppance makes no sense to me.

Karl Ontario
Jan 1, 2006

Maybe if I'm part of that mob, I can help steer it in wise directions.

TheJoker138 posted:

Agreed, people have trouble distinguishing things like that when HHH is involved though.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Though Miz got him back on commentary with "Yeah, tell me more, Mr. Chaperone."

Which is incredible because I had completely forgotten that The Chaperone exists.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I think it's silly when they have all the heels come out to beat people up and Fandango is with them.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

elf help book posted:

I think it's silly when they have all the heels come out to beat people up and Fandango is with them.

Maybe he's hoping that one day, finally, they will all read the choreography for the big heel dance number he's put together to close out the show.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Teddybear posted:

Neat, thanks!

Someone's actually running a twitter account for it: https://twitter.com/WWELinear

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

triplexpac posted:

Yeah there's just ways to go about it that play into the gimmick. Dave made it sound like HHH said "Miz your job is to entertain me, make me laugh you little jester, or I'll fire you and your crappy movie career will be done too"

Like, Sheamus ripping on Miz cause he's a lovely actor so they can fight is one thing, but heel HHH making another heel out to be a bitch with zero comeuppance makes no sense to me.

I mean that is pretty much what happened

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
You know I just realized that they are probably going to call up the Ascension to work with the authority.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

You know I just realized that they are probably going to call up the Ascension to work with the authority.

Would be totally down with this, to be honest.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Corporate vampires? Works for me

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

kidcoelacanth posted:

Would be totally down with this, to be honest.
Yeah they aren't nearly as bad as people think if you give them time to have an actual match and HHH is really high on them (yeah I know)

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I have given up on RAW and didn't watch it last night, watched Nitro #2 and then the two main events of Fall Brawl 95 (Flair/Anderson and WarGames with Hulkamaniacs vs Dungeon of Doom). Turned on RAW for five minutes to see the Divas champ beat clean in the center of the ring for no reason, then Hulk become even more of a Flanderized parody of himself to shill for a crooked 'charity.'

Turned it off after that, never been happier. Gonna go watch non-WWE wrestling some more now.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Call Me Charlie posted:

Here's what was cut from the Hulu version of Raw.

- HHH & The Miz segment
- Rosa Mendes vs. Layla
- WWE Network hype
- Dust Brothers promo
- Brie Bella's entrance
- Heath Slater & Titus O'Neil vs. Los Matadores
- Dean Ambrose recap
- AJ Lee vs. Alicia Fox
- Second Wyatt video
- Sheamus vs. Damien Sandow
- Roman Reigns interview
- Big Show vs. Rusev announcement for next week
- Dean Ambrose entrance
- A chunk of the Cena match (from the first commercial up to right before the Ambrose hot tag)

Really good show and it's so much better when it doesn't drag for 3 hours.

That's all the bullshit, but that leaves, like, the IC match, Bo/Henry, and part of the main event.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Everblight posted:

I have given up on RAW and didn't watch it last night, watched Nitro #2 and then the two main events of Fall Brawl 95 (Flair/Anderson and WarGames with Hulkamaniacs vs Dungeon of Doom). Turned on RAW for five minutes to see the Divas champ beat clean in the center of the ring for no reason, then Hulk become even more of a Flanderized parody of himself to shill for a crooked 'charity.'

Turned it off after that, never been happier. Gonna go watch non-WWE wrestling some more now.

You turned on for the two bad segments out of what was a pretty good three hour Raw. That's good/bad timing.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

That DICK! posted:

They're a lot like the original incarnation of the Acolytes actually. Big dudes with a vaguely spooky/supernatural gimmick.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

That DICK! posted:

As someone whose favorite thing about wrestling is insane gimmicks taken 100% seriously, what exactly is the Ascension? I've heard them refered to as vampires or devil worshipers, or sorcerers, and googling isn't helping me much.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Why cookie Rocket posted:

As someone whose favorite thing about wrestling is insane gimmicks taken 100% seriously, what exactly is the Ascension? I've heard them refered to as vampires or devil worshipers, or sorcerers, and googling isn't helping me much.

They started off as spooky werewolf vampires but now they're just dudes who squash job tag teams

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Goa'uld system lords.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Red posted:

That's all the bullshit, but that leaves, like, the IC match, Bo/Henry, and part of the main event.

... and the opening segment, and all the dean ambrose segments, and basically everything that was actually remotely important

seriously there's sooo much meaningless skippable bullshit on raw and almost everything that was cut seems like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

triplexpac posted:

They started off as spooky werewolf vampires but now they're just dudes who squash job tag teams

No no that's great, UT retired, Kane is corporate again, Bray's a jobber and his stable is being broken up...but at least there are still plenty of tan white men in their thirties in black trunks, that's pretty visually engaging.

Gangrel is still with Territory League Wrestling, right? And does anyone know where Boogeyman is wrestling these days?

• Locked thread