Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
IS SHEAMUS GREAT?
This poll is closed.
Yes. I love Sheamus. He is the best midcard champion in years and has lots of good matches. 118 59.30%
No. I'm a Sheamus hater. He is the best midcard champion in years though, and has lots of good matches. (Good matches that bore me!!!) 81 40.70%
Total: 199 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Fag Boy Jim posted:

why the hell would you keep anything in the Money In The Bank briefcase anyway

It's the perfect size for big, giant gay panic dildoes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Entertainment is in the briefcase and Rollins keeps a death grip on it to make s
almost none escapes.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

Raw last week was so bad that I watched Nitro instead this week, and since the only good program was injected with stupid loving gay panic homophobic bullshit, I think I made the right decision.

Nobody gives a sliver of a poo poo about your constant SJW rants.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Fag Boy Jim posted:

why the hell would you keep anything in the Money In The Bank briefcase anyway

Briefcase holders are made to carry it around with them between shows so if you have to carry it around at airports etc. might as well use it to transport your headphones/gear/electric razor

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Do I really need to explain how a lifetime of this "haha nohomo" poo poo affects us to all the straight people here? Seriously? I know they just wanted to do a version of Christian's rear end cream to humiliate a heel, but choosing to mock a man for possibly owning a vibrator trades on a lot more than the premise of "oh, he must like sex!"

Also, jeez. Calm down. I can not like homophobia if I want. I think that's reasonable.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

LividLiquid posted:

Do I really need to explain how a lifetime of this "haha nohomo" poo poo affects us to all the straight people here? Seriously? I know they just wanted to do a version of Christian's rear end cream to humiliate a heel, but choosing to mock a man for possibly owning a vibrator trades on a lot more than the premise of "oh, he must like sex!"

Also, jeez. Calm down. I can not like homophobia if I want. I think that's reasonable.

go home

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it was almost as bad as when Bret Hart said that "HHH" stood for Homo Homo Homo.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

look at this goofball ready to stonewall riot in the something awful wwe thrad over a dumb dildo joke, did this ruin fight club for you too?

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.

LividLiquid posted:

You are the worst. Like worse than Valeyard.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

LividLiquid posted:

shut up

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

LividLiquid posted:

I'm as gay as the day is bright and please stop posting.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

LividLiquid posted:

You do not need to explain anything, nor should you.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Here's something else really stupid done by a wrestling fan. A reminder of the Hijack Raw movement:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/xSAkNxF.jpg[/img]

Boo the heels! That'll show em.

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Sep 30, 2014

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

I can kinda understand the annoyance because it seems like a cheap shot at gay people but really, I've seen way worse from the WWE.

and speakin' as a gay dude, the most reaction I had to it was "Seth you're a moron for keeping it in there"

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

LividLiquid posted:

So were you gay when you defended TNA for like 6 years?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lividliquid im with you like 90% of the time but this is dumb

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

"Vince, we've got a guy in seat 18 row j trying to hijack Raw according to my sources."

"His tactics?"

"To vocally jeer at people and matches he dislikes and chant favorably for people he does like."

"Mother of God."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The dildo gag sounds legitimately sophomoric and out of tone with an evolving society. But it's wrestling so you can expect it to be backwards. Trying to convince a bunch of wrestling fans that something like that is homophobic and wrong is like going to the county fair, approaching a bunch of 300lbers, and lecturing them on the unhealthiness of corn dogs and funnel cakes. You might be right but you're picking a losing battle with people who will just resent you trying to ruin their day.

My take away from it is just that I think it's just a weird tonal shift for Ambrose/Rollins. It seems odd to me for this psychopath with a blood vendetta against the friend who betrayed him and hospitalized him and his friend to start pulling juvenile pranks. But he's a WWE face so I guess it's just part of the package.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

STAC Goat posted:

The dildo gag sounds legitimately sophomoric and out of tone with an evolving society.

So what you're saying is Vince was backstage going ZOOM IN ON THE COCK DILDO IN HIS BAG

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I don't really mind the prankish tone so much as we've had a fuckton of beat downs already in the past months. Switching it up a bit to be about humiliating the heel rather than just hurting him for a week is keeping it fresh. Stealing the case was always a symbolic gesture and didn't really 'mean' anything as was said, but it got to Seth because it made him look like an idiot, so more in that vein made sense.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Blasmeister posted:

I don't really mind the prankish tone so much as we've had a fuckton of beat downs already in the past months. Switching it up a bit to be about humiliating the heel rather than just hurting him for a week is keeping it fresh. Stealing the case was always a symbolic gesture and didn't really 'mean' anything as was said, but it got to Seth because it made him look like an idiot, so more in that vein made sense.

Ok, I can buy that. I haven't been watching regularly so if people feel ambrose has earned a "day off" from his blood vendetta to just have some fun and mess with Rollins' ego then I can buy it.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
It's weird, I thought Raw was kind of dull but I vaguely like some of the directions they're going. Even if he lost, it seems like Sandow's taking a more prominent role in general; I doubt it, but if they could pull off another Alex Riley situation, that would rule. Ambrose hasn't been getting the mega-reactions and I still think that the few weeks off to film some movie was a bad call, but he's stepping up to the plate on it and making it work and that's cool. Slater Gator's little lower Titantron image rules. I'm glad Bo Dallas isn't dead in the water either. I chuckled at the dildo thing. Big Show actually managed a decent segment with Rusev to boot and they could have a passable match.

But still, show felt a bit underwhelming, especially for a Chicago crowd. :geno:

edit: also I think there's always been a prankster/juvenile delinquent side to Ambrose (in 50s greaser fashion) so it didn't strike me as a change for him

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

The Landstander posted:

I'm glad Bo Dallas isn't dead in the water either.

It's weird that Swagger won the feud yet they're doing stuff with Bo and not Jack.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I don't like Goldust's new face paint. Too much black, not enough gold.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Sockser posted:

I don't like Goldust's new face paint. Too much black, not enough gold.

His face paint and suit has been getting progressively blacker for a long while now. Honestly I like the whole "As Goldust gets older he gets less and less gold."

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The problem is he's getting dangerously close to Black Reign.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Endorph posted:

Much like a star, reaching a certain age triggers Goldust's helium flash causing him to increase in size enormously.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

As long as he doesn't start putting in streaks of sliver then we're good.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Defiance Industries posted:

Much like a star, reaching a certain age triggers Goldust's helium flash causing him to increase in size enormously.

Soon, he will run out of fuel and blast off his outer layers, leaving behind only a small dwarf that can feud with Torito and Hornswoggle.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Luneshot posted:

Soon, he will run out of fuel and blast off his outer layers, leaving behind only a small dwarf that can feud with Torito and Hornswoggle.

Smalldust wold own.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Luneshot posted:

I unironically want to see White Dwarf join the Dusts now.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I only watched bits and pieces of Raw last night, was there really a dildo in the briefcase? I thought it was just a one off line that Ambrose slipped in there.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The Bee posted:

I unironically want to see White Dwarf join the Dusts now.

If you could make minis in 2K15 I'd do it myself.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

JT Smiley posted:

I only watched bits and pieces of Raw last night, was there really a dildo in the briefcase? I thought it was just a one off line that Ambrose slipped in there.

we will never know, and frankly i think that it is a dildo and not a dildo at the same time

schrodinger's dildo

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I'm kind of weirded out that on the show where there was a loving booming Ambrose chant when he turned up with the duffle bag, people are choosing this show to go on about how he isn't getting reactions.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

triplexpac posted:

It's weird that Swagger won the feud yet they're doing stuff with Bo and not Jack.
Yeah. Honestly, I thought Swagger had some real potential with the Rusev feud. Yes, some of it is just patriotic energy, but they seemed particularly a good pairing for it. Since then it's become hard to read what they're doing with him; they probably don't know.

JT Smiley posted:

It was an electric razor!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Xenoletum posted:

In a shocking turn of events, PSP has decided that there is now too much wrestling, even if it is filler, and to dial it back down to more skits and one or two matches a night.

Make up your fuckin minds.

Amount of matches was fine and I felt it was much better than last weeks. 3 Divas matches is too much, though.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

LividLiquid posted:

Do I really need to explain how

no please stop

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Can we please make a seperate thread for people to complain about stupid inconsequential things in wrestling, preferably on another website entirely

The Landstander posted:

Yeah. Honestly, I thought Swagger had some real potential with the Rusev feud. Yes, some of it is just patriotic energy, but they seemed particularly a good pairing for it. Since then it's become hard to read what they're doing with him; they probably don't know.

I don't even care at all about country feuds, but I marked out when Swagger came down that first night. I feel like Mark Henry and Big Show should've come first, then losing to Rusev a bunch of times in a row wouldn't have made Swagger look so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Assuming the AMA isn't BS:

Is Vince going to give up control to HHH anytime soon?

HHH already runs SmackDown.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2hwxkf/ok_here_we_go_you_asked_for_it_here_it_is_lets/

Big Show is a terrible person.
Most friendly: Layla, Alicia Fox, Kofi, Ryback
Least: Orton and Big Show

Noooooooo

Tezzeract fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Sep 30, 2014

• Locked thread