Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the best part about the Patriots losing?
This poll is closed.
Chiefs win! 92 6.31%
Sad Brady 184 12.63%
Sad Belichick 167 11.46%
Sullen Belichick Press Conference 185 12.70%
Happy Alex Smith 106 7.28%
gently caress the Patriots 227 15.58%
gently caress New England 192 13.18%
PARMESAN BASIL HAS TO ADMIT ALEX SMITH IS THE ONE TRUE GOD 304 20.86%
Total: 485 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Chichevache posted:

But that is the problem. Why an interim head coach? What is that doing for your team? It would be one thing if they had a promising coordinator or a semi-decent retread like Kubiak, but they don't. They have Sparano. So why bother? Either you dislike Allen that much or you like Sparano, but neither of them is something I'd like to see if I were a fan.

I'd think it would be really discouraging for your players to keep a coach who is getting blown out repeatedly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Azhais posted:

Davis is going to on-up Jerry Jones and actually coach his own team

I would literally buy season tickets that would be loving magical

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Volkerball posted:

Has any coach ever been fired midseason and not been replaced with an interim head coach? I don't know if you've watched the Raiders this year, but Allen is doing more damage than he is good, and getting him out of the loving building is a positive. I don't think it's plausible that anything could happen this year that I'd like to see as a fan, so it's not like there's a whole bunch of options.

I'm not saying they shouldn't have an interim, I'm saying they should have had a better one lined up and the fact that they didn't is really dumb.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Are you suggesting the Raiders should finish the season as an anarchist football team because I am down this

I wasn't before but I am now

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Can a Panthers fan tell me what's going on with Cam Newton?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chichevache posted:

I'm not saying they shouldn't have an interim, I'm saying they should have had a better one lined up and the fact that they didn't is really dumb.

I wasn't before but I am now

I'm not convinced Sparano is worse, and like Rap said, dude needed to go. Anything other than firing him into the sun was sending the wrong message to the players that will be with the Raiders next year. This poo poo that's been on display is unacceptable. This isn't a great football team, but they're not so bad that they should make a QB who was about to get benched put up Manning numbers, and make a coach on the hotseat look like Belichick.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Bigass Moth posted:

He's hurt, can't run and his line is horrible. However, he hasn't thrown a pick yet and his accuracy looks to have improved when he isn't being hit.

You can tell he doesn't trust the line at all, and for good reason.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Falcons put Hawley and Holmes on IR, and Moore on IR designated to return. Signed ex-Jag Cameron Bradfield.

So much for the Falcons being back to being good.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
The Cowboys release Jason Garrett after another 8-8 season, and the Raiders will hire him.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Atticus Finch posted:

The Cowboys release Jason Garrett after another 8-8 season, and the Raiders will hire him.

No thank you

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Bigass Moth posted:

Lack of talent/healthy talent around him, nagging inuries, a terrible O-line, and the Panthers D is a shell of itself without Mr. "I throw bitches on guns"

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Quest For Glory II posted:

The last time I heard Al Saunders' name he was ruining the Washington offense

Paul Hackett was still coaching as recently as 2010 (also with the Raiders).

Chichevache posted:

Aren't interim head coaches pretty much always someone on the existing coaching staff? I mean people threw out Saunders and Olson as possibilities but they don't inspire much more confidence than Sparano does.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

IcePhoenix posted:

come on you can do better than that

Big Baby Brady Benched, Bumps Backups Butt to Bucket

This has not received near enough love.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

Elam is pretty much the reason I think we have little to no chance at Indy, where we have never won. Luck is playing too well. If a banged up Cam Newton is beating up on Elam imagine what Luck will do. I just don't see us being able to keep up with the Colts.

Even though the front 7 hasn't been producing sacks, they've been getting excellent pressure and it's making the secondary's job a bit easier. I've given up on having Webb healthy at any point so if he's playing it'll be a nice surprise.

Terrence Brooks is getting more playing time and might be starting against Indy.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
its september and i'm googling draft stuff

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

nrr posted:

Out of the frying pan and into a pair of super skinny white jeans

Out of the frying pan and into the fire crotch

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I know this has come up a couple times in the last few months, but did anyone have a recommendation or two of some decent football podcasts? I've been getting pretty fried on my usual commute soundtrack, and want to mix it up a bit.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Volkerball posted:

doin the raider dance

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Volkerball posted:

the autumn wind is a raider

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars

Volkerball posted:

Been there, done that. We ended up with Eric Fisher. :downs:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Grittybeard posted:

Aren't interim head coaches pretty much always someone on the existing coaching staff? I mean people threw out Saunders and Olson as possibilities but they don't inspire much more confidence than Sparano does.

They are. I just feel that they should have put someone on the staff this offseason who was actually worth giving it to.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

RIP Shiloh Keo, the Texans cut him today. I'm a little surprised by the move, he's a good ST guy and was pretty decent starting after Ed Reed turned out to be worthless last year. They elevated safety Josh Aubrey from the practice squad to replace him and signed WR Travis Labhart, former Aggie and Houston's great white WR hope, to the practice squad

I don't know why they want to bring back a small WR who isn't quick or elusive and doesn't have good hands but ok

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Darren Sproles is as fast as a NFL referee.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

zimbomonkey posted:

He's hurt, can't run and his line is horrible. However, he hasn't thrown a pick yet and his accuracy looks to have improved when he isn't being hit.

You can tell he doesn't trust the line at all, and for good reason.

Yeah, isn't he having the best passing season of his career so far? His lack of mobility is obviously a big reason why, but he's clearly improved in that area regardless.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Volkerball posted:

Kevin White looks real good at WR :)

At least your team is in the shitter. I don't have any excuse.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Volkerball posted:

I've been googling draft stuff on and off since day 2 of the draft ended without the Texans taking a QB

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Trast posted:

We need to see an NFL team coached by the owner playing Madden.
Can't get worse results than some of what we've seen so far this year.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Tom Brady has completed only 43% of throws more than 5 yards this season, 2nd-worst in the league behind #Bills EJ Manuel (40%)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Trade Brady to Houston to get Mallett back

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Harlock posted:

Tom Brady has completed only 43% of throws more than 5 yards this season, 2nd-worst in the league behind #Bills EJ Manuel (40%)

So what you're saying is he should be benched for Kyle Orton.

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Chichevache posted:

Who was out there that the Raiders could have grabbed? If I was a coordinator there is no way in hell I would have attached myself to the sinking ship that was Dennis Allen.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sheriff posted:

Who was out there that the Raiders could have grabbed? If I was a coordinator there is no way in hell I would have attached myself to the sinking ship that was Dennis Allen.

If you're a coordinator looking to make the leap to HC this is precisely the sinking ship you want to latch onto, since you're likely to get a shot as an interim guy to show what you have

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Intruder posted:

I'm not sure why the OP needs to be an effortpost, it's not like people look to the OP for things to discuss or anything

I kinda like when someone puts the standings there...but that's just my dumb rear end not going to nfl.com

Raiders can have Pep Hamilton for free

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I wish I had Game Rewind with the all-22 tape so I could figure out what the gently caress is wrong with Riley Cooper. I knew last year was a fluke, but I assumed he would at least be mediocre. Through 4 games he has 15 catches for 125 yards and 0 TD's, with two dropped TDs and a fumble. That's a sweet average of 8 yards per catch.

Too bad we gave him a 4-year contract or Josh Huff would probably be out there right now.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Athanatos posted:

I kinda like when someone puts the standings there...but that's just my dumb rear end not going to nfl.com

Raiders can have Pep Hamilton for free

Hamilton is engaged at least until the end of the week. Your OC feeding the rock to Trent Richardson is the best chance the Ravens have of winning Sunday.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Vengarr posted:

I wish I had Game Rewind with the all-22 tape so I could figure out what the gently caress is wrong with Riley Cooper. I knew last year was a fluke, but I assumed he would at least be mediocre. Through 4 games he has 15 catches for 125 yards and 0 TD's, with two dropped TDs and a fumble. That's a sweet average of 8 yards per catch.

Too bad we gave him a 4-year contract or Josh Huff would probably be out there right now.

Riley Cooper might not be the wideout Philly needs, but he's definitely the wideout Philly deserves

Spork o Doom
May 31, 2011

Great White Hope posted:

So what you're saying is he should be benched for Kyle Orton.

Hah. If only there was more Orton to go around.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Rasczak posted:

Riley Cooper might not be the wideout Philly needs, but he's definitely the wideout Philly deserves

the most correct post I'll read all week

I may take a look at this during the week if I have time, just for shits and giggles. Will post here if I do.

Spork o Doom
May 31, 2011

Thaddius the Large posted:

I know this has come up a couple times in the last few months, but did anyone have a recommendation or two of some decent football podcasts? I've been getting pretty fried on my usual commute soundtrack, and want to mix it up a bit.

Have you tried the 'Move the sticks'' podcast? It's been pretty good even though Elliot can come across as super awkward sometimes. Only like 3 episodes so far.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I may have an extra ticket to the game this Sunday (Bills @ Lions). Seat is like fifteen rows from the field on the goalline.

Would anyone be interested in the ticket for free? Pm me if interested, I'll know for sure by Thursday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Rasczak posted:

Just a reminder that according the NFL census Philly is the whitest team in the league.

• Locked thread