Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the best part about the Patriots losing?
This poll is closed.
Chiefs win! 92 6.31%
Sad Brady 184 12.63%
Sad Belichick 167 11.46%
Sullen Belichick Press Conference 185 12.70%
Happy Alex Smith 106 7.28%
gently caress the Patriots 227 15.58%
gently caress New England 192 13.18%
PARMESAN BASIL HAS TO ADMIT ALEX SMITH IS THE ONE TRUE GOD 304 20.86%
Total: 485 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Intruder posted:

I'm not sure why the OP needs to be an effortpost, it's not like people look to the OP for things to discuss or anything

I think if it's posted 10 minutes after MNF ends and it's about the MNF result this thread gets off to a really lovely start for a couple pages while people just post "Wow Brady. What happened?"

Edit: whereas if it's forward-looking and about this coming week, there's a better chance the replies will be about this coming week. There's poo poo like the Raiders going into a bye with no coach, Vikings vs. Packers which based on this past week is going to be the highest-scoring game of the year, and the fact that Cardinals at Broncos is suddenly a huge matchup

v2vian man fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Chichevache posted:

But that is the problem. Why an interim head coach? What is that doing for your team? It would be one thing if they had a promising coordinator or a semi-decent retread like Kubiak, but they don't. They have Sparano. So why bother? Either you dislike Allen that much or you like Sparano, but neither of them is something I'd like to see if I were a fan.

I'd think it would be really discouraging for your players to keep a coach who is getting blown out repeatedly

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Athanatos posted:

The 3 NFL players who didn't have it were 2 kickers and a punter

Is this true or a joke.

Or is it like me, a true joke

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Ostentatious posted:

I heard Jerry Rice made a habit of leaning with the tackle rather than slamming his body into the tackler in an attempt to get a few more yards. Is this at all true and would doing something like that prevent head injuries in the long term?

The theory is that CTE is caused by smaller, sub-concussive hits, like the ones linemen put on each other every play. So it might help a little, but if we assume every single tackle (and lots of other hits every play) contribute to it, it won't do much

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

I like him a lot! He played halfback and fullback for us, and a few things in special teams. Blocked on kick returns, I think.

He was good with the ball, nothing spectacular but he could make some plays. Typically was a straight-line kind of runner, sort of a BJGE type rather than trying too hard to make people miss. Caught the ball pretty often, as I recall. Don't remember him in pass protection. Not a great lead blocker, doesn't have the size for it.

I actually thought the Browns should have kept him this pre-season, or brought him back when Tate got hurt. He is good enough for playing time

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

crm posted:

Who was the Chiefs player from a couple years back who looked like he was straight out of Joe Dirt? Think he was a QB, maybe a LB. Blond, mullet, redneck.

Me.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Intruder posted:

This is a thing? :stare:

I would think it's like exercise-induced asthma, just a sudden strong tightness in the chest and lungs. I think Jamal Lewis used to have an inhaler for it

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Waroduce posted:

No one has steve Smith audio??

I didn't listen but http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2014/10/01/steve-smith-calls-in-to-bustin-loose-to-refute-ian-rappaports-report-rips-gettleman-rivera/

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Chichevache posted:

Iirc many of them have underlying conditions that just weren't detected beforehand. It isn't the fault of the sport, just bad luck. Obviously it is sad, but I don't think we should be pretending this is some epidemic caused by the sport (CTE is the real problem).

Even if they died of heat stroke or by aggravating an underlying condition, you could still argue that's the fault of the sport, whatever that means. Are kids dying of heat stroke at baseball practice, for instance?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

DangerKat posted:

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero
The way I hear it, no talks on Adrian Peterson plea deal and he doesn't want one. He wants a jury to clear his name.

gently caress Adrian Peterson

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
You don't call, you don't text, you just show up out of the blue and expect to be part of our lives??? Think about the kids, Adam!! *cut to big bob pataki crying even harder than usual*

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Nail Rat posted:

Except the ridiculous basketball team that dropped in their lap for no good reason yeah

How do you earn a good team, my Colts fan bro

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Ozu posted:

You get the #1 pick 6 times like the Cavs franchise... oh wait.

Andrew Luck
Peyton Manning
Steve Emtman
Jeff George
John Elway
Bubba Smith

Also they earned those picks with bad years

Not the worst years, because of the lottery, but still

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
sexism makes me really sad and angry

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Browns content with Billy Cundiff, close game losses

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

mcmagic posted:

You mean in losing the QB competition to Brian Hoyer by a mile?

You mean Brian Hoyer who has turned the ball over 1 time?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

FuzzySkinner posted:

FWIW I love our 29 year old "Stopgap" QB. I hope he continues to do well.

It's been impressive to see what he's done with a couple of guys who are not "Elite" NFL receivers by any stretch of the word.

That's the cue for people who haven't followed the Browns this year to tell you how awesome Jordan Cameron is

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

commy gun posted:

Brian Hoyer was absolute garbage in preseason. Manziel not being able to beat him out is troubling.

When's the last time a rookie won the job in preseason? Luck and RGIII, who had zero competition?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

World star

• Locked thread