Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the best part about the Patriots losing?
This poll is closed.
Chiefs win! 92 6.31%
Sad Brady 184 12.63%
Sad Belichick 167 11.46%
Sullen Belichick Press Conference 185 12.70%
Happy Alex Smith 106 7.28%
gently caress the Patriots 227 15.58%
gently caress New England 192 13.18%
PARMESAN BASIL HAS TO ADMIT ALEX SMITH IS THE ONE TRUE GOD 304 20.86%
Total: 485 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Crazy Ted posted:

Would you goofs stop it about the Abdullah penalty they probably didn't know he was praying and that it was Abdullah and just went BLEEP BLORP PLAYER IS ON KNEES TIME TO THROW FLAG BOOP and that was the gist of it.

Mike Peirera said it was a botched call, but it's not the first botched call in the history of the NFL. If they try to fine him, it'll be a different story, but other than that, this kind of poo poo happens sometimes. Should've revoked the penalty somehow though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Oh, and gently caress THE PATRIOTS gently caress DENNIS ALLEN EVERYTHING OWNS. Except for gently caress the dolphins. :sigh:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

defiantgiant posted:

Brandon Marshall does this:

...after literally every time he scores. I've never seen them flag it.

Does he just drop to his knees standing still? Because Abdullah slid the length of the end zone on his knees before dropping down. :v:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
wow tom brady is a big dumb bitch made baby, who knew

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

A Pale Horse posted:

Just once I want to see an All Blacks like coordinated haka executed by a defense after a defensive touchdown. Is that too much to ask Goodell? :argh:

It doesn't work if it's not international rugby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDucvQYlWj4

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Ugh. loving knew it.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chichevache posted:

Right? Like, at least give it to someone new. You already know Sparano is a bad coach, so you won't get anything out of this. Either this firing is totally vindictive and silly, or they really think Sparano might have something to contribute.

If I'm a Raiders fan I'm suddenly very nervous about the Mark Davis future.

INTERIM head coach. The alternate choices were Greg Olson or Al Saunders, and Saunders has been taking a more and more progressively backseat role as he gets older, so Sparano had it in all likelihood just because he's got experience. Of course, Vic Tafur says that last night, the Raiders ruled out Sparano, so who loving knows. This team is pure chaos.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Quest For Glory II posted:

Why is Al Saunders still in football

The man can't stop. He still runs marathons.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chichevache posted:

But that is the problem. Why an interim head coach? What is that doing for your team? It would be one thing if they had a promising coordinator or a semi-decent retread like Kubiak, but they don't. They have Sparano. So why bother? Either you dislike Allen that much or you like Sparano, but neither of them is something I'd like to see if I were a fan.

Has any coach ever been fired midseason and not been replaced with an interim head coach? I don't know if you've watched the Raiders this year, but Allen is doing more damage than he is good, and getting him out of the loving building is a positive. I don't think it's plausible that anything could happen this year that I'd like to see as a fan, so it's not like there's a whole bunch of options.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Are you suggesting the Raiders should finish the season as an anarchist football team because I am down this

Wear the spike shoulder pads and see if the refs stop the game or just fine everyone after the fact.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chichevache posted:

I'm not saying they shouldn't have an interim, I'm saying they should have had a better one lined up and the fact that they didn't is really dumb.

I wasn't before but I am now

I'm not convinced Sparano is worse, and like Rap said, dude needed to go. Anything other than firing him into the sun was sending the wrong message to the players that will be with the Raiders next year. This poo poo that's been on display is unacceptable. This isn't a great football team, but they're not so bad that they should make a QB who was about to get benched put up Manning numbers, and make a coach on the hotseat look like Belichick.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
its september and i'm googling draft stuff

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kawalimus posted:

This is fantastic. It's one step closer to my dream that one day all of their past footage will have to be bleeped and blurred. So then all the Redskins "rich history and tradition" will be like WWF/E used to have to do. Man that would be hilarious.

I'm all for this, but don't blur out Jim Thorpe actually being called a redskin by the New York Times a billion times, and all the old lovely wordplay about all the teams he "scalped."

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

im the girl with the bow staring into the sun

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
that dudes forehead makes mannings look normal

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

football fuckerman posted:

Even if they died of heat stroke or by aggravating an underlying condition, you could still argue that's the fault of the sport, whatever that means. Are kids dying of heat stroke at baseball practice, for instance?

Well yeah, but people die in basically every type of strenuous activity. When someone gets hit by a car or heat stroke out exercising, there's never a big rush to condemn biking. Hell, I remember in the army, we had 4 or 5 kids die in basic training in Georgia each year from heat stroke. poo poo happens.

Chilichimp posted:

Football probably saved DJ Haydens life in the long-run.

Hayden didn't have any heart issues. He got hit in a way that caused an injury that the doctors said they usually only see in car accidents. He severed his aorta or some crazy poo poo. It's incredible he didn't die. Must have been internally bleeding like a motherfucker.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Top Hats Monthly posted:

if the Rams move to LA

:arghfist::saddowns:

same but more

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
LA doesn't even like the rams

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chichevache posted:

Imagine if it were the Browns :allears:

Reminder that Peyton Manning was a free agent and could have gone to the Browns and done this, but instead he fair weathered it up. Douchebag on a fuckshit team.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It's a list and the Raiders aren't at the bottom of it! Wait shiiiiiit

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chilichimp posted:

It's in Texas, so he'll probably walk.

Have you reached a decision?

Your honor, in light of the revelation that we all got whipped and we all turned out ok, we the jury find the defendant a good father.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DangerKat posted:

Plus it's open 24 hours so you don't have to worry about the party dying out.

Only on Friday and Saturday. It won't be open long tonight.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Pron on VHS posted:

I was watching an old The League and someone on it mentioned Steve Breaston and I thought about that same thing.

Now that Bears fans can't complain anymore, its pretty safe to say KC has the worst WR history in the NFL:

- Dwayne Bowe
- ?

- Derrick Alexander
- That white guy from the Lions

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Pron on VHS posted:

Not counting little rentals like him and Andre Rison

Eddie Kennison was around for a while.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Volkerball posted:

- That white guy from the Lions

Ha. Brett Perriman. That was his name. He's not white as it turns out, but I was born in '89 and he hasn't been relevant since like '95, so I can be forgiven for my memory of that.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

gently caress Eddie Kennison

gently caress Ed McCaffrey and Rod Smith.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Grittybeard posted:

If I remember right it was just Stephon, like Marbury and just spelled weird.

Anyway on this whole topic I get the feeling that we can't complain too much as Chiefs fans because Tony Gonzalez exists.

Same boat. There's definitely room to bitch about the Raiders revolving door of receivers since Tim Brown and Jerry Rice, but

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Demaryius Thomas is pretty alright.

Demaryius Thomas raped a baby in 1997.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Aw man. If I still lived in Illinois, I could swing in, boo goodell, watch the Raiders pick, and be out in 15 minutes.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

He was a minor, so they don't name names. I'm just asking questions. Is raping babies wrong? I like to think it is. So gently caress Demaryius Thomas.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Rod Munch posted:

Actually I think it's Johnny Morton. He was a light skinned black dude who wasn't very good after he left the Lions.

Nah, I definitely remember the name Perriman, and he was definitely on the same team as Kimble Anders.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The Puppy Bowl posted:

He wasn't. His size was just the only mildly valid excuse lame scouts who thought he just didn't have "The Look" came up with. I really can't wait for Teddy's 3rd MVP season so I can not so quietly judge all the talking heads who said he wasn't the guy.

People treated him differently about his size relative to other prospects, kind of like how Alex Smith gets the tiny hands rep, but he's not big. He and David Carr are the same size, and both of them are hurt. Both need to put on some weight, and it was a legit point to bring up. But he's also young. Also, same. Still feelin pretty bad about the Raiders not trading up to 32nd to get him, but we could've done a lot worse than Carr.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

E_Motion posted:

So scouts being dumb is the only reason he dropped to the end of the first? Because what I saw of him last week he looked damned good, better than Bortles who was picked 29 picks before him

He had a real bad pro day. THE WORST PRO DAY. So bad. If only there had been multiple hours of other footage to cross reference it with instead of just having that pro day. Meanwhile, Manziel made all the throws. :buddy:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
A good time to post teddywillown.gif

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Shadowhand00 posted:

Fake Edit: Watching the RB try to pick up that blitz is also hilarious. That was a load of failure.

It looks like the back was the first option Teddy was looking at, so he might have been going out on a route and then been like gently caress ABORT ABORT

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kawalimus posted:

Now an even better thought. By move at the end of the year would mean literally the year and not the season. So the Browns would have this great amazing season go 13-3 and get home field. Then during the bye week they pack up all their poo poo and move to Baltimore. Then their first three games in Baltimore they go through the playoffs and win the Superbowl.

You know for a guy who just chills and watches birds and stuff, you've got some pretty sick poo poo running through your head.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
A bajillion? Really? You were leading against the Eagles. Check your privilege.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Who's got it worse than us?? NOOOOOBODY

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

How soon we forget Otto Graham.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Top Hats Monthly posted:

wow that might have been a joke but that was a pretty low blow

TURN LEFT THREAD

Wow, pretty insensitive posting what happens when Gumbel2Gumbel eats peanut M&Ms.

• Locked thread