Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the best part about the Patriots losing?
This poll is closed.
Chiefs win! 92 6.31%
Sad Brady 184 12.63%
Sad Belichick 167 11.46%
Sullen Belichick Press Conference 185 12.70%
Happy Alex Smith 106 7.28%
gently caress the Patriots 227 15.58%
gently caress New England 192 13.18%
PARMESAN BASIL HAS TO ADMIT ALEX SMITH IS THE ONE TRUE GOD 304 20.86%
Total: 485 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
The Colts extended Robert Mathis through 2016 today. He was due to make over 10 million in 2015 cap-wise, so this is probably to make it more likely they'll be able to bring him back for another year next year, rather than actually securing him to play in 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

This will not do one bit to budge the "rub some dirt on it you loving pussies" crowd.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

13 year old girls posted:

V: I don't think anyone in New England is prepared for a post-Brady team

I, on the other hand, am quite ready for it :getin:

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Apparently they were saying on ESPN radio that the Rams owner is likely to announce their move to LA at the end of the season.

This owns. In fifteen years they'll move back to St. Louis and the Raiders will move back to LA.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

E_Motion posted:

I don't think they can move before the start of the 2015 season. What stadium are they going to play in? I don't think it's possible to build a new stadium from the ground up in less than a year?

There are colleges in the LA area you know. The Titans played at college stadiums for two years after moving to TN

There's no way the league lets any team ever have a lame duck season again. It was very nasty in Cleveland and while it wouldn't be as bad in St. Louis because people care more about the Blues and Cardinals and the Rams are really from LA anyway(yeah ironically they started in Cleveland but spent like 50 years or some poo poo in LA), they still would be dumb to tempt fate.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Oct 3, 2014

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

E_Motion posted:

Yeah, then barring any legal issues, I don't see why they wouldn't announce this season and move immediately in the offseason. I wonder if LA will embrace a NFL team this time.

I think they'll wait until after the season so you don't end up with what Cleveland had where a bunch of drunk fans are starting fights and ripping up the stadium seats in the last home game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Browns_relocation_controversy#Announcing_the_move
http://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/index.ssf/2009/12/this_day_in_browns_history_ori.html

quote:

The fact that the Browns were ahead the whole game - including 17-3 at the half and 26-3 in the fourth quarter - kept the crowd tame and upbeat until the end when some Dawg Pounders began ripping out the bleacher benches and tossed a few onto the field, along with some fireworks. That prompted the referees to switch end zones when the Browns were driving toward the Pound on their final drive.

Obviously LA's had several chances and never gave a poo poo about the NFL, but then again the NFL is a couple orders of magnitude bigger than it was in 1994 so :shrug:

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Oct 3, 2014

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

sean10mm posted:

However bad you think the Pats OL is, the reality is worse. Per PFF Brady has had the most total pressures in the NFL (double the league average!) in spite of being the 4th fastest getting rid of the ball.

The problem is not his possible decline, it's that the line will get him killed.

Better trade some of the scrubs they have for more draft picks.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Probably Magic posted:

As awful as the Browns are, it's still better than the rest of Cleveland.

Except the ridiculous basketball team that dropped in their lap for no good reason yeah

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

football fuckerman posted:

How do you earn a good team, my Colts fan bro

No one earns a good team but landing Kevin Love and LeBron James in one summer as a small market team would be the football equivalent of landing in-their-primes Calvin Johnson, Aaron Rodgers, Jimmy Graham and a few other high quality dudes, as a small market.. I'm not saying they don't "deserve" it or whatever just that it's amazingly unlikely.

quote:

Also they earned those picks with bad years

Not the worst years, because of the lottery, but still

But then they kept loving up the lottery picks more often than not. That's what makes it even more surprising.

Yep idiots are drafting Dion Waiters and Anthony Bennett. Think I'll go there. -LeBron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Toaster Beef posted:

N: The Eagles are referring to this coming Sunday night game as Black Sunday, donning an all-black uniform for the first time in their history.

V: This would be clever if man had never, say, invented the lightbulb. Giants by 20+.

Any time a team wears colors that aren't their own except a throwback is stupid as gently caress

• Locked thread