Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
hmm
good
bad
i'm not funny
View Results

• Locked thread
Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
gently caress it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
This is not as funny as the thread title suggested.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
The last baby bird dies, roasting on the windowsill of the hermetically sealed, temperature controlled pleasure dome.

The young girl sees this and begins to weep, and is quickly slapped by the meaty paw of an oil tycoon before he lifts his gut and crams his shriveled micro-cock into her mouth.

Looking upon the wasteland, he violently cums before dying of a heart attack, leaving the girl weeping by the window.

Her well-manicured hands trace the corpse of the last baby bird through the window.

With a voice choked by tears and ejaculate, she delivers a eulogy fit for a species:

"im gay..."

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i also be they only counted vertebrates i bet we got trilions more bugs every where these "animals" died off.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Fojar38 posted:

are any of the animals dying actually important

ie homo sapiens or things that homo sapiens find delicious

they are probably important parts of the environment for things that humans find delicious, for instance you may not care about plankton dying off but that's what tasty salmon eat and if there's no plankton there won't be any salmon either

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
Plankton also produce oxygen but normal air isn't nearly as good as bottled or flavoured air.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I read an article on some random site ages ago that argued the world would be in better shape if everyone just ate whales instead of other animals.

It was something like

1: pig farms etc are terrible and pollute everything around them, get rid of huge farms
2: all the countries would have to work together to take better care of the ocean because it was where we harvested all our meat
3: whales are effing huge so like a billion less animals would have to die to feed people every year

makes you think

(i'm not sure what happens to all the pigs on the decommissioned pig farms, I just assume they all go to live happy lives on a different farm somewhere, maybe the same one my parents sent our old dog too after she got really sick that one time)

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Trixie Hardcore posted:

This is not as funny as the thread title suggested.

I'm sorry trixie. we can take comfort in the fact than more than 50% of the voters consider me a human being

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
If this doesn't have to do with corruption in games journalism im not interested.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Animals would gently caress everything up if they could tbh.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Animals would gently caress everything up if they could tbh.

yeah, but unknowingly

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
c'mon meteor, hit my fuckin house today come on!

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Zoe posted:

I read an article on some random site ages ago that argued the world would be in better shape if everyone just ate whales instead of other animals.

It was something like

1: pig farms etc are terrible and pollute everything around them, get rid of huge farms
2: all the countries would have to work together to take better care of the ocean because it was where we harvested all our meat
3: whales are effing huge so like a billion less animals would have to die to feed people every year

makes you think

(i'm not sure what happens to all the pigs on the decommissioned pig farms, I just assume they all go to live happy lives on a different farm somewhere, maybe the same one my parents sent our old dog too after she got really sick that one time)

Your dog got a job on that farm, feeding horses :smith:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
This is about animals? gently caress! I thought this was another Ebola thread.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Torka posted:

yeah, but unknowingly

Do humans really *know* though? Makes you think.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
i don't know poo poo! :classiclol:

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Zoe posted:

It was something like

makes you think

Whale gestation is approximately 12 months and usually only produces one calf while a pig can produce a liter of about 10 in 3 months plus you can pack pigs into abhorrent conditions to breed more in smaller spaces where whales frequently die young from stress and reject impregnation if kept in captivity, which is the only way you could keep them as a food source because lol at the idea of trying to sustain our insatiable lust for flesh consumption through wild hunting instead of meat farming.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

they are probably important parts of the environment for things that humans find delicious, for instance you may not care about plankton dying off but that's what tasty salmon eat and if there's no plankton there won't be any salmon either

All the plankton dying off and leading to a really lovely time for everyone is the plot of Soylent Green.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I'm holding out for eating recycled people a la Mega City One when the rest of the animals and food chain disappears.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Blockade posted:

Maybe if nature knew about Objectivism it wouldn't be in such a bad shape. :smuggo:

Say, who is this john galt I've heard so much about anyway?

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Homo rapiens.

:smuggo:

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
coyotes and raccoons are cool as hell and all over the place so w/e

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
didn't read Op, used the extra time to scratch my balls. looks like i come out ahead in the game of life yet again. future's looking bright far as i'm concerned

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Benedick Cuckold posted:

didn't read Op, used the extra time to scratch my balls. looks like i come out ahead in the game of life yet again. future's looking bright far as i'm concerned

most of these chucklefucks wasted valuable time by reading the op and then scratching their balls, squandering precious seconds as they hurtle ever closer to death

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
bio meat nectar is the solution. introduce bio meat to the ecosystem and a lot of problems will be solved

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Benedick Cuckold posted:

In the grand scheme of things, when you consider the vast scale of all the galaxies in the universe, who's to say that all life on Earth is any more important, comparatively speaking, than that of the teeming colonies of bacteria you just scratched off your balls?

Thanks Benedict Cuckold, you made me think

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

quakster posted:

bio meat nectar is the solution. introduce bio meat to the ecosystem and a lot of problems will be solved

http://youtu.be/sJ7x7xHWhWU?t=1m2s

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
just solve some issues in the third world and then we can just eat them when they get to old to do our cheap hard labor.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
cowboy bebop ripped that movie off p hard

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Saying "everything" is unnecessarily alarmist. Chicken numbers, for instance, have never been higher.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Saying "everything" is unnecessarily alarmist. Chicken numbers, for instance, have never been higher.
wheres that vid of baby roosters gettin pulped

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Bacteria seems to be really hitting it's Renaissance.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Zoe posted:

In the grand scheme of things, when you consider the vast scale of all the galaxies in the universe, who's to say that all life on Earth is any more important, comparatively speaking, than that of the teeming colonies of bacteria you just scratched off your balls?

Thanks Benedict Cuckold, you made me think

that's exactly what i've been waiting to hear from you, all this time. it's been a long road, but in the end, a fruitful one. my posting mission is now complete. i will diminish, and go into the west, and remain a shitposter

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
Baby roosters own because they're delicious. Martha Stewart has an excellent recipe for baby chicks on her website. http://www.marthastewart.com/914348/holiday-dish-roasted-baby-chickens-gravy#914348

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Bacteria seems to be really hitting it's Renaissance.
i hear viruses are all the rage, too

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I don't care as long as we eventually get the replicant technology from blade runner to replace all the cool animals like tigers and pandas and stuff.
Honestly it would be an improvement since synthetic predator robot animals could be bros and just chill on your couch instead of trying to eat your face all the time

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Good

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

error1 posted:

I don't care as long as we eventually get the replicant technology from blade runner to replace all the cool animals like tigers and pandas and stuff.
Honestly it would be an improvement since synthetic predator robot animals could be bros and just chill on your couch instead of trying to eat your face all the time

Just for the record, Blade Runner future is worse than Soylent Green future.

RennZero
Oct 10, 2007

"Get in."
Uh what? I would much rather live in a gritty film noir cyberpunk world fighting robots than a boring old generic urban nightmare world eating people.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
i want to live in a non-stressful situation. oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Feranon posted:

given the choice between a planet teeming with diverse life without humans, or ruined mad max hellhole with humans, I think the former would be cooler.

Be the change you want to see in the world

• Locked thread