Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

I like Moe's

just pile every loving thing on the menu onto some chips until it congeals together into a mega nacho

i worked at moes one summer and got nachos every day and gained like 20 lbs

worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

salty fries make me cry
Oct 3, 2007

~~i'm outside ur window~~
~throwin bricks at teh moon~
I have a friend who lives in a city with a bunch of good Mexican & other ethnic local places within walking distance and still drives 15 mins to Chipotle all the time. There's a Five Guys right next to it and I hit that up on the way home b/c it's great hangover food but I don't get the Chipotle appeal.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
I never understood why people, specifically young university students, never bothered to order ahead of time with the app or online.

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

Helical Nightmares posted:

I never understood why people, specifically young university students, never bothered to order ahead of time with the app or online.

so I can be absolutely SURE they are putting EXACTLY PRECISELY enough of everything I want on it and in no way mess up my very specific order

also- if you ask for your meat of choice, wait for them to put it on, and THEN ask for double meat you get more than if you just asked double meat from the start

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Helical Nightmares posted:

half the time i've ordered it ahead of time its been horribly hosed up

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

NickPlowswell
Sep 14, 2014

The exoplanet has failed :qq:

Xaris posted:

heh eehee look at all these plebs eating shti mcgonads mass produced frozen bruttios aka chumpotle (its for chumps) insted of buying from their local authentic mexican taqueria rn by a 75 year old everything is in spanish and your the only gringo there :smug:

Reminds me of this taco truck that parks a couple blocks from my home. Ran by some crazy old Mexican man and his daughter. Thing always has 5-10 people eating in front of it.

Plus it doesn't give you the shits.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

NickPlowswell posted:

Plus it doesn't give you the shits.
before you were like a man now you are like a child who knows nothing

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

i like food

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
What's the difference between Chipotle and Qudoba, they both seem to be exactly the same thing.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
chipotles better but i dont know why

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

Autumn Angel posted:

Look, Chipotle is good, but homemade food is better. Just look at this recipe:

http://www.food.com/recipe/chipotles-barbacoa-copycat-recipe-472445

(Please ignore that you have to cook it for several hours)

You can make the cilantro-lime rice by just making white rice, putting in some cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper.

Anyway, do you peeps have any ways to replicate fast food in even faster ways than the restaurants give you?!

Example: Take ground beef, form into patty, slap into skillet with salt and pepper. Cook on medium heat 4 mins/side. Done, walla! Better than McDonalds burgers.

no

i wont ignore it

i wont ignore it because thats the reason why- its quicker

mexi food takes a long time to make too many fuckin ingree'd and i just want a burrito NOW

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Skeleton King posted:

no

i wont ignore it

i wont ignore it because thats the reason why- its quicker

mexi food takes a long time to make too many fuckin ingree'd and i just want a burrito NOW

you buy a giant bag of beans for like 10 dollars and then spend a week crock potting/freezing it so you always got beans on hand. or just boil them up while you watch tv on your next day off.

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009
lpt: ask for a "guacicide", the secret menu item that systematically destroys all other ingredients replacing them with the delicious guac you crave

or just dont go, and listen to rick bayless
http://www.fronterafiesta.com/cook/sides/300-refried-beans

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

TOILETLORD posted:

you buy a giant bag of beans for like 10 dollars and then spend a week crock potting/freezing it so you always got beans on hand. or just boil them up while you watch tv on your next day off.
strategies on always having a massive supply of beans ready from toiletlord

anglachel
May 28, 2012
I go cause they give me 50 percent off

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

TOILETLORD posted:

or I can take 5 minutes and get a complete burrito for pocket change

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

anglachel posted:

I go cause they give me 50 percent off

Why

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
i don't want to have to make rice, marinate and cook chicken (or braise and fry a loving pork shoulder), cook beans, make three different kinds of salsa and guacamole every time i want a burrito.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

logical phalluses posted:

i don't want to have to make rice, marinate and cook chicken (or braise and fry a loving pork shoulder), cook beans, make three different kinds of salsa and guacamole every time i want a burrito.

pretty sure this is the response op expected

its just athta the op is also an unfunny piece of poo poo

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Jackie D posted:

or I can take 5 minutes and get a complete burrito for pocket change

i can get a lbs of dry beans for about 50 cents.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

cause im at work and im not gonna cook a drat meal in the microwave

also: chipotle good

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I tried to use their order app ahead of time for a company lunch and ordered the chicken bowl, one of the most popular items on their menu.

They sent me a bowl of chicken. Pretty much everyone's lunch was hosed up in some way if they used the order app.
So it's probably better to stand in line for Chipotle instead of hoping for them to have enough IQ to use a basic order list.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
This weekend I made burritos at home with ham and egg whites and corn salsa and hot sauce and jalapenos and whole wheat tortillas they were pretty good. I also bought some soy bacon I was going to make one for breakfast one day this week but this morning I decided to just have oatmeal instead but Chipotle is cool because you can ask for extra rice in a bowl and make like 2-3 meals out of it for like $6.50

Cooking tip if you put some EVOO (That's Extra Virgin Olive Oil) in a rectangular plastic container and coat it with a paper towel and then put egg white in it in the microwave for like 2 minutes it comes right out and is already burrito shaped, you just dump it into your tortilla and put salsa on top of it.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Sep 30, 2014

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Three Olives posted:

This weekend I made burritos at home with ham and egg whites and corn salsa and hot sauce and jalapenos and whole wheat tortillas they were pretty good. I also bought some soy bacon I was going to make one for breakfast one day this week but this morning I decided to just have oatmeal instead but Chipotle is cool because you can ask for extra rice in a bowl and make like 2-3 meals out of it for like $6.50

Cooking tip if you put some EVOO (That's Extra Virgin Olive Oil) in a rectangular plastic container and coat it with a paper towel and then put egg white in it in the microwave for like 2 minutes it comes right out and is already burrito shaped, you just dump it into your tortilla and put salsa on top of it.

you probably just used either sunflower or hazel nut oil, it's a giant racket, just use lard as long as your liver is functioning properly it can't hurt you and taste better, and you get it free as a buy product of cooking other foods. Also egg yolk is good for you the doctor who said they were bad for you was a dude in the 1970's paid to do a study that said eggs were bad for you. Finally you use a burrito to hold your food together.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

The Taint Reaper posted:

What's the difference between Chipotle and Qudoba, they both seem to be exactly the same thing.

qdoba has some sort of queso that will gently caress your poo poo up, also everything tastes worse than chipotle

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Maneki Neko posted:

qdoba has some sort of queso that will gently caress your poo poo up, also everything tastes worse than chipotle

it's also owned by jack in the box

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Maneki Neko posted:

Queso Shitfuckero

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

a hole-y ghost posted:

Queso Shitfuckero

my favourite luchador

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
lol if you ever dine at an establishment with fewer than 4 michelin stars

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000
i wish the chain burrito places offered lengua.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Three Olives posted:

This weekend I made burritos at home with ham and egg whites and corn salsa and hot sauce and jalapenos and whole wheat tortillas they were pretty good. I also bought some soy bacon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaG5SAw1n0c

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

PenguinBob posted:

they do just ask the person making the burrito to give you a little tongue

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

PenguinBob posted:

i ordered lengua, then the old mexican lady who owned it personally came out and shook my hand and said i was the only cool gringo brave enough to order it and gave it to me for free

then she sucked my dick because i'm a cool hip dude whose brave unlike other bland whiteys who only love salt n pepper n chicken

true story

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Xaris posted:

i ordered lengua, then the old mexican lady who owned it personally came out and shook my hand and said i was the only cool gringo brave enough to order it and gave it to me for free

then she sucked my dick because i'm a cool hip dude whose brave unlike other bland whiteys who only love salt n pepper n chicken

true story

Woah, you do sound cool. Ever thought about posting in Goons with Spoons?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

big duck equals goose posted:

Woah, you do sound cool. Ever thought about posting in Goons with Spoons?

Thanks bro :hfive:

Hah, posting in Goons with Spoons??? Mothafucka, I run the Goons with Spoons WIKI!!!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Three Olives posted:

This weekend I made burritos at home with ham and egg whites and corn salsa and hot sauce and jalapenos and whole wheat tortillas they were pretty good. I also bought some soy bacon I was going to make one for breakfast one day
you buy soy bacon but have normal ham???

e: hola. soy bacon. como te llamas tu?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

a hole-y ghost posted:

you buy soy bacon but have normal ham???

Yes because ham and bacon are basically the same thing nutritionally.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Three Olives posted:

bleep bloop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Three Olives posted:

pretty much, just eat like your grandparents, and you will live forever they didn't give a poo poo about fat from natural sources smoked and drank non stop and most made it till their 80's, at least those born in the late 1920's.

• Locked thread