Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
With this and Citybound in development I'm pretty excited for city sims as a whole. Both titles seem rather similar but both look like they're going in bright, positive directions. I think everyone wins in this case. It's just a shame Simcity had to die such a brutal death for this to (presumably) happen. I hope one or the other lets me make convincing rural farmland towns. I've never been too fond of managing literal urban jungles.

Now if only theme park sims could start up again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

HappyHelmet posted:

It will be interesting to see what EAs reaction will be if either Citybound or Cites see much success. City simulations may not have the largest market of players available, but EA basically had 100% of the market prior to the reboot. And they just threw it all right in the garbage because of their corporate policies. My guess is they will try to roll another reboot with features more in line with SC3K in the hope of winning some of the share back.

I'd hope they don't come back. If they do, by default their next city sim will have to be run on Origin, have day one DLC, be $60 with a $80 LE version, be mod adverse, and be subject to EA's weird corporate policies. These practices are pretty standard now so it's not just EA being a hyperbolic villain, but it appears both Citybound and Cities intend to launch without already so much going against them.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Wonder how much money this is going to make compared to SC2013.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Anyone try this with a Macbook Pro Retina "13? It performs surprisingly well on some games but poorly on others. I'd love to take the jump but 30 dollars is a risk.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
I haven't even played the game yet but im getting shameful amounts of pleasure imaging what EA is thinking, now that they effectively lost a genre that had such a well known title for it. Its kinda fascinating how they let that all go, and the agent system they advertised so much, be done properly by such a smaller team.

I've kinda considered this the Bad Era of Gaming from a consumer standpoint, but god is it cathartic to see something go the other way in such a dramatic fashion, like a cheesy ending to a feel-good underdog sports movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

This is the funniest thing I've ever seen. Just think, if we had SimCity back in the 30s europe would have been spared so much grief.

So this is what a killstreak/frag montage vid looks like for city simulators, including the tryhard music and font.

• Locked thread