Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

It would be cool to see a city builder take on issues like community health, utilizing ideas like the 20 minute neighborhood. It would also be neat, gameplay wise, to have things like a certain entity in an industry get large enough that they can start making demands out of you (like intel in Portland or Boeing in Seattle), just to spice up and add a little flavor/challenge to the gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Zotix posted:

Is it generally agreed that this will be the best city builder in years? Or is the hype train making a mediocre product out to be amazing yet again?

I think so. Who knows about the difficulty though, it looks fairly "easy" as far as games go. The lack of disasters might make the gameplay aspect of it a little stale.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Any fix for the lack of commercial demand? I made a new map and started a new city and I have a fraction of the commercial zoning my old city had, yet a similar population size and zero demand. Is this a bug?

Anyways, I made an atoll map, let me know if I should put it up on the workshop.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

I've never uploaded anything to the steam workshop before, how does the publish function work from inside Cities: Skylines? Whenever I click publish on my map, it ends up uploading what looks like a blank, nameless file when I look at it in my steam workshop files.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

UberJumper posted:

You should put it on the workshop.

Does this game just not have an autosave...?

I published it in the game, it is added to my workshop files that I can browse, but it is all blank. At the top it says "Current visibility: Hidden" with no option to change that. Not really sure what to do at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Regarding the no commercial demand glitch:

Reloading save games doesn't really help. I did discover something odd though. I went through and dezoned all of my commercial. I had a few squares, however, that after they were dezoned would reappear as commercial after about 10 seconds. This was very odd. Eventually, I decided to completely get rid of those reappearing squares. I deleted the roads by them and remade them, or put a park over them. The problem with remaking it in the exact same spot was that the bug of reappearing zone would replicate. When I finally didn't rezone it commercial, or replaced the broken spot with parks, my commercial demand shot up.

YMMV but maybe this is the bug and fix.

• Locked thread