Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

KKKlean Energy posted:

I'm not terribly familiar with Paradox - what's their reputation for delivering good games? I really like what I see so far and I know they tend to make more spergy games than the usual games company (which is good news for me), so I'm hoping it follows through.

Paradox isn't making it, Colossal Order is, same as Cities in Motion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

xzzy posted:

I think elections could be a cool feedback system for measuring how well you're doing, but I wouldn't want it to be tied to a "game over" screen if an election is lost.

I think what would be better is making the mayor just another sim. You as the player would play as if it were a god game, and the mayor is basically a scapegoat for your poor decisions.

I remember Simcity 2000 had opinion polls in the newspaper.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

My god. Is this... A good video game? On release?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

It's so hard to get all the road intersections perfectly square. They like to go all crooked if you're not really careful.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

MikeJF posted:

I want a tool that's a small road with big nature strips to the side that I can upgrade if I need.

Looking at your screenshot, I reckon you should put more connections from your small streets to your large ones so you can balance the loads around.

This is how it works in real life, yes. Everyone's house on the street where I live is set back far enough that they can expand the 2-lane road to 4 lanes if they need to. (They need to but the state won't pay for it.)

After playing with curved roads I wouldn't want to figure out how to get around in this city, but at least it's not covered in poop water :gonk:

I had bad traffic problems from trucks entering the city trying to get to the industrial area by turning left once they get into the city. I tried to build an elevated bypass that went right there but nobody would take it so I had to settle for a roundabout.

• Locked thread