Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

San Diego will lose this week in a really really ugly game

Against the loving Jets ? What's your rationale for typing those words ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

mllaneza posted:

Against the loving Jets ? What's your rationale for typing those words ?

Down to our third string center against the Jets really tough defensive line, top two RBs hurt and the third string guy being totally ineffective, zero healthy OLBs except Dwight Freeney, missing a starting corner, nickel corner nursing a shoulder injury

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Detroit should win. The Bills defense is good but Johnson says he feels better this week, Golden Tate is legit, and Ebron had his best game last week.

Bills o-line is a sore spot and I suspect the Lions front four should get in Orton's face forcing mistakes and turnovers.

Of course, being a Lions fan as long as I have. I'm not ruling out Johnson still being at 40% and Orton seeing something on tape that makes him say. "gently caress these guys" and just scorches the secondary, shattering my perception that they're much better.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Down to our third string center against the Jets really tough defensive line, top two RBs hurt and the third string guy being totally ineffective, zero healthy OLBs except Dwight Freeney, missing a starting corner, nickel corner nursing a shoulder injury

I missed the news y'all were down to a third string at RB. And a bad center can gently caress you.

Good luck, you will need it.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Having lots of sacks didn't help the Jets win their last three games, it's not gonna help now. RB's are irrelevant, the Chargers weren't gonna run on the Jets anyway. Geno's still gonna give away some picks and there's no way the Jets secondary can stop the Charger's passing offense.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Oct 2, 2014

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

sirtommygunn posted:

Having the most sacks in the league didn't help the Jets win their last three games, it's not gonna help now. RB's are irrelevant, the Chargers weren't gonna run on the Jets anyway. Geno's still gonna give away some picks and there's no way the Jets secondary can stop the Charger's passing offense.

I've just got a bad feeling that Rivers isn't going to have any time to throw.

jets win an ugly, ugly 13-10 game

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

To be fair, you weren't going to run it against the Jets well even with all of your running backs healthy.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
code:
Attaochu, Jerry 	OLB 	Hamstring 	DNP 	- 	- 	-
Butler, Donald 		ILB 	Shoulder 	LP 	- 	- 	-
Floyd, Malcom 		WR 	Illness 	DNP 	- 	- 	-
Freeney, Dwight 	OLB 	Knee 		LP 	- 	- 	-
Green, Ladarius 	TE 	Hamstring 	LP 	- 	- 	-
Johnson, David 		TE 	Shoulder 	LP 	- 	- 	-
Johnson, Jarret 	OLB 	Shoulder 	LP 	- 	- 	-
Law, Cordarro 		OLB 	Ankle 		FP 	- 	- 	-
Liuget, Corey 		DT 	Concussion 	LP 	- 	- 	-
Mathews, Ryan 		RB 	Knee 		DNP 	- 	- 	-
Ohrnberger, Rich 	C-G 	Back 		DNP 	- 	- 	-
Te'o, Manti 		ILB 	Foot 		DNP 	- 	- 	-
Verrett, Jason 		CB 	Hamstring 	LP 	- 	- 	-
Walker, Reggie 		LB 	Ankle 		DNP 	- 	- 	-
Wright, Shareece 	CB 	Knee 		DNP 	- 	- 	-
Despite all these injuries and lack of run

Chargers 33, Jets 13

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

To be fair, you weren't going to run it against the Jets well even with all of your running backs healthy.

Woodhead could do some things out of the backfield though

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Man, I want to say I forgot you drafted Attouchu, but... I will never forget :suicide:

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I don't even know why they are bothering to play this week. Broncos gonna get dominated by the Cardinals. Possible pretender to the throne Drew Stanton is gonna run wild on Denvers weak secondary.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I do not have a good feeling at all about the Chiefs-Niners game, although I doubt the Chiefs will be able to dominate the way they did against the Patriots' non-existent defense. If you'd told me last week the Niners would win 26-21 I would've just about believed you, but if you told me that the Chip Kelly Eagles wouldn't get a single point on offense I would've laughed in your face and called the psych ward.

On the other hand I can't say I wouldn't get a tiny bit of enjoyment out of Alex Smith paying the Niners back for all those years of lovely O-lines and pathetic receiving corps.

Oh well, at least I have Even Year Giants Baseball Bullshit to take the edge off.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Oct 2, 2014

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars

commy gun posted:

Yeah, screw that guy who resurrected his career and the more talented player that replaced him.

Btw, Parm, its not against your toxx to simply say you agree with such opinions. #deathtotinyhands

Resurrected his career in the sense that he gave him offensive stability for the first time in his career and he got a good surrounding cast.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I do not have a good feeling at all about the Chiefs-Niners game, although I doubt the Chiefs will be able to dominate the way they did against the Patriots' non-existent defense. If you'd told me last week the Niners would win 26-21 I would've just about believed you, but if you told me that the Chip Kelly Eagles wouldn't get a single point on offense I would've laughed in your face and called the psych ward.

My brain wants me to say that the Chiefs looked better than they are the last two weeks and will be playing on the road in a short week against the most legitimate D they've faced this season. Also the 49ers probably won't give up 21 without the opposing offense touching the ball this week and should in theory be better than they looked against a terrible Philly D anyway.

But after the last few days I don't know, Chiefs by 50.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

Cincinnati is favored by a point. Come by the gambling thread and we will get you sorted with an online bookie so you can start making money!

It's tempting to take the over on that. Pats are gonna poo poo all over themselves and flop around in the mess for a while.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If Detroit can stop CJ and FJ they'll win comfortably. If not I wouldn't be surprised to see an upset

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
My analysis of Saints vs. Buccs.

youarethecowgirls.jpg but replace cowgirls with aints.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Week 5.

The first time the Eagles had an embarrassing loss under Chip Kelly, this happened the next week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV_eLzzyz4M

The second time the Eagles had an embarrassing loss under Chip Kelly, this happened the next week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSUIPcLghqw
Side note, really familiar goal line play at 1:40 we saw last week...didn't work out the same way...

The Eagles had an embarrassing loss to the 49ers last week...

My analysis of Eagles vs. Rams?

Good bye, Rams.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Tremendous Taste posted:

If Detroit can stop CJ and FJ they'll win comfortably. If not I wouldn't be surprised to see an upset

Detroit bout to get Orton'd

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

San Diego will lose this week in a really really ugly game

You need to take your meds, you've been real pessimistic all week.

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

Atticus Finch posted:

Marvin Jones re-injured himself, so that sucks.

It's not quite as bad as all that:
"It’s believed that Jones tweaked his ankle when he returned to work in Monday’s practice, so it’s not related to the broken foot that has taken him out of action since Aug. 9."

You almost gave me a heart attack with that.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
He was originally out with an ankle, then it was a foot. Now it's the ankle again.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The Chiefs/Niners game is going to be

1) Chiefs Defense/Special Teams. Losing a bunch of starters and not having Berry has been tough to get over, if it's something you actually can "get over." But, we've managed to piece together a secondary that can sort of deal a passing attack, especially when our pass rush continues to be Hali/Houston. Having Berry back would be great, but if he's not 100%, we need to keep him out while we have Johnson/Crabtree/Boldin running around out there. If DAT is back, we should get some decent field position off of punts at the very least.

2) Chiefs Offense. Who shows up? Last week's Chiefs? Or week 1 Chiefs? I think the Chiefs have been moving up in terms of getting their offense moving. Kelce is playing over 50% of snaps, Charles is back, Davis is basically Charles junior, and Bowe is actually catching a couple passes a game. This could all fall apart tomorrow, but let's just hope for more 2/3TE sets and the Chiefs sticking to their gameplan and executing in the red zone.

3) Niners D/ST. Still missing Bowman/Smith, so they're not as formidable as they were. Are the Niners ST anything to write home about? I know they let the Eagles ST have their way with them, so I'm not particularly worried about it.

4) Niners Offense. This is what scares me. If Davis plays (I don't think he will, and if he does, certainly not at 100%), then we're in real trouble, provided Kap is throwing accurately. If he doesn't, there are still three excellent receivers to complement the 3rd string TE. If the Chiefs can keep Kap in the pocket, he'll almost certainly struggle.

I don't foresee a blowout, but I do see Alex Smith getting his revenge and making Harbaugh look like a big rear end in a top hat baby again.

Chiefs. 37-24

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
A terrible remake of Montana/Young.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Broncos are going to get crushed by the winning 19-0 Arizona Cardinals the Broncos with a flaccid secondary will get crushed

go cards

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars
Donnie Avery is out Sunday with a sports hernia so in his place AJ Jenkins will be the starting #2 receiver. Redemption story-line #2.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
My running total of his career receptions might get all the way to 14 or 15 this week.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

My running total of his career receptions might get all the way to 14 or 15 this week.

This is the week that AJ Jenkins is targeted at least 10 times and brings in two touchdowns.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

excidium posted:

I hope the Chiefs win because Alex Smith deserves to stick it to Harbaugh and Kaep.

Hail Satan.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Broncos are going to get crushed by the winning 19-0 Arizona Cardinals the Broncos with a flaccid secondary will get crushed

go cards

34-13 Denver

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

34-13 Denver

28-17 Arizona

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
748-888 San Antonio

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Oh, are we not just putting up #'s and random cities?

I'm doing my best impression of No Butt Stuff's Avatar guy.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

Oh, are we not just putting up #'s and random cities?

I'm doing my best impression of No Butt Stuff's Avatar guy.

EH?!

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
Bears starting LT just hurt his knee and may be out for Sunday. That makes 3/5ths of the Bear's line injured in some way. :shepicide:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
So that's 3 49er castoffs that the Chiefs are starting at very important positions:

Alex Smith - QB1
AJ Jenkins - WR2
Marcus Cooper - CB1

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

DupaDupa posted:

Bears starting LT just hurt his knee and may be out for Sunday. That makes 3/5ths of the Bear's line injured in some way. :shepicide:

Welcome to the club, pal.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Pron on VHS posted:

So that's 3 49er castoffs that the Chiefs are starting at very important positions:

Alex Smith - QB1
AJ Jenkins - WR2
Marcus Cooper - CB1

And the Niners have... Glenn Dorsey? Is that it?

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars

No Butt Stuff posted:

And the Niners have... Glenn Dorsey? Is that it?

Yes because Jon Baldwin is so terrible that he was cut, making us the clear winners of the first round bust WR trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

excidium posted:

Yes because Jon Baldwin is so terrible that he was cut, making us the clear winners of the first round bust WR trade.

I get that people think that AJ Jenkins was the worse part of the deal because of the additional year of guaranteed money, but jesus, I hated Jon Baldwin.

• Locked thread